Ratings: Grimm and Hannibal Eye Gains, CBS Dramas Dip, Last Man Ticks Up With Finale

Grimm TrubelPending any adjustments due to an NBA preemption in (heh) Portland, NBC’s Grimm this Friday night returned to 5.2 million total viewers and 1.3 demo rating, up two tenths from its last fresh outing.

Hannibal similarly rose two tenths, to a 1.0 rating (with 2.8 million viewers).

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

Over on CBS, Unforgettable (7.6 mil/0.9) was steady, while both Hawaii Five-0 (9.2 mil/1.2) and Blue Bloods (10.8 mil/1.3) slipped a tenth.

ABC’s Last Man Standing finale drew 5.9 mil and a 1.3, ticking up a tenth. Following a Last Man rerun, Shark Tank (6.9 mil/1.7) was flat.

The CW’s Whose Line (1.69 mil/0.5) inched up in audience and in the demo, while Hart of Dixie (930K/0.3) just added a few eyeballs.

Fox’s double pump of Kitchen Nightmares this week averaged 3 mil/1.1, rising about a tenth in the demo.

1. Patrick Maloney says:

Keep it up Hannibal!

2. N says:

Yay Hannibal!

3. Bwhit says:

Loved hart of Dixie last night except the creepy Tom and Wanda storyline of everyone calming him so they could conceive. I want Zoe and Wade back together, it’s time now, he learned how to be a good boyfriend and she dated someone boring and exactly what she thought she wanted. Now bring them together and renew the show :)

• ... says:

I didn’t realize that a television character that isn’t the cliché “bad boy bartender with a heart of gold” is boring. Good to know.

• Bwhit says:

The actor who played Joel is not good in my opinion, he wasn’t on Dexter and on HOD, but again that’s my opinion. Wade isn’t just a bartender, he owns the Rammer Jammer.

• Brandy says:

BWhit was talking about Joel, Zoe’s writer boyfriend not Wade

4. Annie says:

Excellent news on HANNIBAL – any indication of season 3 decision yet? I’m on tenterhooks here. (Ha. I see what I did there.)

• david says:

I think it has a really good shot at renewal. I believe that it’s produced by a foreign company so it’s less expensive to produce and it’s been pretty critically acclaimed. The Friday 10PM timeslot doesn’t do it any favors but it’s so difficult to program Friday that as long as it’s consistent I can’t see anything else do better. I think part of the problem is that Blue Bloods is usually Friday’s highest rated show and going up against that isn’t a great position. Maybe they should have held off until later in February to start it? But in the event NBC cancels it I think it’s an excellent candidate for someone else to pick it up like Amazon. Cable networks would probably be interested too. I think the 13 episode season helps too because if they develop something new there isn’t any guarantee there will be any more interest.

• Annie says:

All good points, David – I hope you’re right. I’ve been watching the renewal scorecard for weeks now – “could go either way” just makes me highly nervous with a show like Hannibal, where the subject matter is *so* dark and the quality *so* high. I agree with you on the scheduling and the cable observation. That could be the best thing to happen to the show, in a sense. As long as it’s not Showtime or HBO – my budget just couldn’t handle it.

• jouiie says:

There is absolutely no overlap in audiences between Hannibal and Blue Bloods. Hannibal skewers young, I think last season it was the “youngest” tv show in terms of ratings, while BB was the “oldest”.
        NBC should keep Hannibal on Fridays, its the perfect spot for it.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine’s hand-crafted Renewal Scorecard is linked from the top of every page.

5. Jimmy says:

This has been a really good season for Grimm. I stopped watching for awhile, but caught upone afternoon through on-demand and now I’m back to watching every week. Expanding the Royals story and getting Alexis Denisof has upped the stakes for several of the supporting characters. Claire Coffee has been great this season.

6. KCC says:

Grimm: I like Teresa Bell (Trouble) the new *spoiler*. I’m interested to see where this storyline goes.

7. Pat says:

Grimm was really good, last night. The new Grimm that is being introduced, should be interesting. She really reminds me of a young Demi Moore. Her nickname says it all “Trouble”. Geez, I wonder what that could mean? It is a shame that Nick’s Mom is taking care of the baby, because if anyone could steer a young Grimm straight, it would have been her. I am really enjoying this Friday night show and I cannot wait until next week when Nick and it looks like Hank are trying to help Miss Trouble.

8. Hodan says:

Finale!?! Last Man Standing is ending?

9. rebecca says:

Any inkling on a Hart of Dixie renewal??

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLINE’s hand-crafted Renewal Scorecard is linked to from the top of every TVLINE page.

• Brandy says:

It’ll most Likley be renewed for syndication and cause Nikita’s ened and fourth other shows are doing as badly and CW can’t cancel everything .

10. Brandon says:

Why Aren’t there any other Male Grimm’s? That would have been ten times better and original, Nick having to teach a teenage boy Grimm who didn’t know that he was one, just like himself..

But no we get yet another female Grimm. that makes what Three now ? Nicks awesome mother, and then the Aunt..

All I’m saying is it would have been better with a male Grimm.. now let the bashing comments commence on how I’m a woman hater and I suck and blah blah blah. lol

• Ana says:

Lol, literally how is a man teaching a teenage boy to be just like himself “ten times better” or even original?

I won’t even bother calling you a woman hater since you’re already jumped to that conclusion by yourself.

11. R.O.B. says:

Look, NBC, Hannibal may not be doing gangbusters but it is arguably one of few shows in your network’s history that could actually be considered high art. Don’t get me wrong, I have been and continue to be entertained by some of your shows, but Hannibal is literally “art”. Watching last night (because here in Portland the show was preempted), I was actually glad to sit through the On Demand commercials because every scene in this latest episode was beautiful. It would be a shame to cancel this show.

For any of you not watching, last night added a very interesting twist to the Hannibal Lecter mythology, bringing his psychopathic therapy into focus (as opposed to his cannibalism), making him all the more dangerous. So very cool.

12. Forwardad says:

CBS is going to be it’s own downfall. BB is on rep weeks, off two weeks.
    ABC will kill Shark Tank. It’s in back to back nights and next week they’ll have an hour with GMA – gag.

13. sarah says:

Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods were fantastic.