Exclusive

Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Is Jane Purposely Sabotaging Lisbon's Date With Pike?

Jane’s on the hunt for a kidnapper in Sunday’s The Mentalist (CBS, 10/9c), but will he derail Lisbon’s already troubled relationship with Pike in the process?

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek of this week’s episode, Jane interrupts the couple’s date with one of his classic hunches — and Lisbon is not happy about it.

“You know what? You’re a jerk,” she tells Jane after leaving Pike to meet him outside a suspect’s apartment. “You knew I was on a date and you did this to screw it up.”

Ouch!

Hit PLAY on the Mentalist clip below, then drop a comment: Do you think Jane has ulterior motives for calling Lisbon?

_

Loading video...

1. Simz says:

Thanks for the sneak peek.

2. Sal says:

Thank you for the sneak peek! Can’t wait for Sunday!

3. Bwahahahahaha

Well he could have called Cho or Fischer but he called Lisbon LOL, oh yeah he wanted to interrupt.

But that was fun!

• macchief says:

Well Lisbon is/was his partner, whoelse would he call but his partner. I don’t get why Lisbon’s upset at Jane though, she’s the one that left her phone on while she was on said date. I mean you would think a person would turn off their phone while on a date.

• rebecca says:

Yea in 2014, people never turn off their phones.

• liz says:

I never turn off my phone. Ever. Most people don’t. Plus she’s an FBI agent, there could be a legit emergency. She’s rightfully annoyed with Jane because he interrupted her life (again) for something that could have waited.

• Very true macchief UNLESS you secretly wanted to be interrupted :) I don’t think she is even aware of it but deep down she is wanting Jane to fight for her. I sure do hope she gets her wish!

4. Patricia Korth says:

I wish he was doing it to interrupt Lisbon, but I don’t think so……
    Screw CBS…..not watching them when this show isn’t there anymore!!!!

• CBWBDK1 says:

It’s ridiculous! CBS renewed Blue bloods, but not the Mentalist!! The Mentalist is superioir in every way!

5. krystol says:

I would bet to break Lisbon and pike up ,I would slap the hell out of jane for doing it

6. Good call Jane! Break the date and solve a crime.

7. I don’t think it was intentional. AND if Lisbon thinks this about Jane, it implies that she knows Jane cares AND that he is jealous. A strong modern woman like Lisbon should be confident to go after Jane. Why is she waiting on him? This is coming across more and more like pettiness on Lisbon’s part. Very sad.

• zaza says:

At first, Jane was a man in the throes of grief, so it wouldn’t have done Lisbon any good to “go after Jane.” Even now, he’s STILL wearing his wedding ring, so Lisbon may just feel he’s too broken to respond, even if she did go after him. And she might feel like she deserves someone who isn’t broken.

8. Anna says:

Can’t wait!! Thanks for the sneak peek :)

9. macchief says:

When did Lisbon’s relationship with Pike become troubled?

10. enri says:

Please CBS…1 more season!!

11. Bonnie Maynes says:

Jane is so clever. He’s tired of playing nice. He’s going to show Lisbon that Pike isn’t for her.

12. Laura C says:

Frankly I wish Pike would take Lisbon AWAY and pair Jane with someone else altogether. Never cared for Lisbon, and definitely DON’T want to see her & Jane together.

13. Liz says:

Thanks for the sneak peek. Looks like stuff is about to go down! The tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. If she’s right and Jane is doing this to break up their date [I think it's very possible that it's both a legit case and also to mess with the date]-then all I have to say is: finally! Her and Jane are too good together for her to be dating Pike.

14. How many times has Lisbon told Jane he’s a jerk? She follows his lead because she knows his hunches are good.

15. navdeep says:

Thanks.. I love this show

16. eff says:

Why does Lisbon seem so angry with Jane all the time? There’s been no romantic relationship between them so actually she’s free to date whoever she wants with conviction. I think she’s coming across as nasty and unpleasant. Maybe Pike should keep her!

17. Carolyn says:

Love this show, but also love Blue Bloods. Tom S., how can you go wrong?

18. Giry says:

Anybody else imagining Pancake Pike as a member of the Blake Association?

19. sandy says:

I totally agreed…

20. I loved as much aas you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish
    be delivering thee following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside
    case you shield this hike.

21. JoyAnne says:

That’s a interesting comment about Pike being a member of the Blake Association. We know there are more out there as the original team never managed to crack the code they found. That way we could wish Pike bye bye for good. Don’t like the way he got his boss ‘Don’ to offer Teresa that job over other people already being considered. Teresa has enough brains to decide on career moves without him interfering.