Exclusive

Exclusive Following Finale Sneak Peek: Ryan Hardy and Joe Carroll... Work Together?!

It’s ironic that Monday’s season finale of The Following (Fox, 9/8c) is set in a church, because it becomes the setting for a very unholy alliance.

That’s right: Season 2 will draw to a close with sworn enemies Ryan Hardy and Joe Carroll working together toward a common goal.

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

To find out exactly what brings the lawman and the serial killer onto the same page, press PLAY on the video below for a glimpse of what’s in store.

1. Anna says:

Honestly, I just really want to know if Mike is dead or alive. That Cliffhanger!!!
    But this looks like it will be a fun season finale.

• Based simply on Joe and Ryan working together I’m assuming Mike lived. Ryan would be too angry to work with Joe if he had just killed Mike.

• anniem says:

I know!! I looked at my husband and went “AAAUUUGGGHHH!” like one of the Peanuts gang.
      :-D

• Mitchel says:

I don’t think he died, based on how the promo for the season finale went, he was shown still alive when Ryan (assuming that was him with his hands up) was facing Joe, I think once Joe got to one in the countdown, then Ryan might have fired a shot to distract Joe so he wouldn’t kill Mike and showed himself, otherwise he would’ve been on the floor covered in blood. Although they didn’t show him in any other parts, but then again, the main ones they really only showed were Ryan, Joe, Claire and the twins.

2. M says:

But did Mike die?!

3. LADY_in_MD says:

I really hope they don’t kill Mike after last weeks craziness and loosing lots of characters last season and this season too I think killing Mike would turn a lot of fans away. I know this is a show about a cult and killings but not every character has to die. It would be nice to see him live and him and Max finally hook up in the finale.

4. Sara says:

I’ve been really hoping for a Joe/Ryan partnership, even just for a short time. I really wanted to see them take down Lily and her cult of crazy together, and then go back to warring with each other :P Curious to see how this plays out. And I agree with everyone else; Mike is not allowed to die. Sorry, but no. Please let Claire actually die…

• LADY_in_MD says:

ok so I know I said above that not every character has to die but I agree with you on Claire dying her character is soooo annoying and revealing herself to the reporter lady just cause she was jealous! What else was Ryan suppose to do when he thought she was dead. The twins are sure to do something to her. It would be a nice way to end the season Claire getting killed and then next season Joe and Ryan hunt down the twins together!

• Laura says:

Clare – yes! I realized about halfway through the final Clare/Emma fight that I would have been fine with either one of them dying.

• Pat D. says:

It would have been better if Lily wasnt already pushing up daisies, the twins are not good characters—just freaking annoying.

Here’s hoping Joe introduces Ryan to his “joy of carving up still living victims”—starting with the twins.

5. Bartleby says:

This show has gone so far off the rails with ridiculousnes…however, I can’t stop watching it…

• Pat D. says:

Agreed…Its one of those “train wreck” shows—horridly written and mountains upon mountains of cliches, but I’ll be missing it till next January.

• anniem says:

That’s a good way of putting it – it seems so ludicrous to me that there are THAT MANY outwardly-normal seeming people who are actually murderous psychos. What keeps me watching is that I’ve loved Kevin Bacon forever, and I’m also pretty fond of the Mike character – I remember when the actor played Jimmy Olsen on ‘Smallville’. I’ll probably enjoy it much more now that Emma is (hopefully) dead; God, I wanted to punch her stupid smug face every time she was on camera! She was SO annoying! :-D

• Tricia says:

Agreed!

• JoeO says:

I couldnt agree with you more,… the show has lost its plot…and now whats this about Ryan teaming up with Joe? This is just plain stupid,..but cant bring myself to stop watching.The finale had better be worth it

6. Lillie says:

i don’t believe they will kill mike
    with emma’s death (yes) hopefully the only other deaths will be the twins next and maybe max but not mike
    maybe the twist is ryan is a serial killer in waiting, maybe even joining Joe’s cult

7. Joey Padron says:

Good sneak peek clip. Hope Mike doesn’t die in finale. Interesting to see Joe and Ryan working together to save Clarie.

8. I don’t know whose the bigger idiot, the writers of the show, or me for watching it – ack!

9. Bonnie Taylor says:

I think that Ryan and Joe will work together to save Claire from the twins….then back to the same cat and mouse game!!

10. JM says:

You know there’s something wrong with a show when the audience worries more about a supporting character (Mike) than the main character. Oh well, but then there are so many things wrong with this show…

11. Gillryn Weston says:

WESTON IS MY LOVER

12. Olivia says:

Is it bad that I will miss Emma? Like, a LOT? Yes I want to slap her very often too lol, but Valorie Curry plays her so well and I NEED another character that I love to hate, Joe is not enough alone. I wouldn’t have missed her last season but she grew on me a lot this season.
    I hope that Claire doesn’t die for little Joey’s sake. A dead mother and a serial killer father, I know it’s a tv show but still, he doesn’t deserve that lol, poor boy. Besides Ryan has been so damn depressed since the beginning, I enjoy seeing him going after Joe for things other than just vengeance and giving Joe smug smiles like when he was tied up to the chair. I also wish it was Lily instead of the boring twins, she was more interesting and twisted than them somehow. Oh and of course I’d hate it if they kill Mike but I’m not worried about that. He’ll be ok. Love Jess Stroup too, she’s been a nice addition and I hope that Max and Mike will hook up soon, I love their scenes together.

13. Babsy says:

Is anyone else completely annoyed at Claire? She bothers me so much this season! What did she think she was going to accomplish on her own!?!??! I was digging the reporter with him, didn’t like her at first, then they wrote it to help us warm up to her, happy to see him moving on a little, then throw ‘cowboy claire’ back into the mix?!

14. Rob says:

I think Mike is dead. Is the original teaser following episode 14, there seemed to be Mike’s voice in Ryan’s head and Ryan saying, “I’m not the good guy.”. That has been edited so now Ryan appears to say that in response to a different remark from the twins.

There was a promo for the new X-Men movie that said,” Fans of Shawn Ashmore won’t have to wait until season 3 of The Following to see him.”.

I’m cautiously optimistic Mike lives, but my gut tells me he dies.