Did Orphan Black Cheat a Death? Is Grey's Plane Crazy? Mad Men Spin-Off, Please? And More Qs

Orphan Black Season 2 RatingsWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Orphan Black, The Blacklist, The Mindy Project and Parks and Recreation!

1 | Does Helena’s miraculous survival on Orphan Black kind of lessen the stakes?

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on 22 Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

2 | Did the bird bursting out of the dead woman’s chest make you jump more than any of Hannibal‘s goriest surprises to date? And could Hugh Dancy and guest star Jeremy Davies have been separated at birth?

3 | Can Mad Men’s highly entertainingMadMen_Dawn_Shirley Dawn and Shirley get their own series of “SCP Breakroom” webisodes, please?

4 | Salem‘s Tituba is visible only to Mary, right?

5 | How does ABC not air an episode of Resurrection on Easter Sunday, of all days?

6 | Shouldn’t Once Upon a Time‘s Hook be glad that Emma didn’t accidentally teleport his pointy prosthetic to a, um, far worse place?

7 | Quick, can you name a CBS drama that has not had an NSA storyline this season? [Crickets]

8 | Be honest: Did you chuckle a little when Game of ThronesGame of Thrones‘ Joffrey was shown with huge, painted eyes placed over his real ones?

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time‘s Wicked Witch Warns Snow White, ‘Your Baby Will Be Mine’

9 | We’re all for a little camaraderie on The Amazing Race, but might David and Connor be a little too nice to their fellow contestants?

10 | Why did “pro basketball player” Brandon go on RuPaul’s Drag Race to be made over as a bride for his fiancée if the very idea made him so uncomfortable that he spent most of the episode looking like he wanted to crawl under a worktable — and then puked? Did he only hear the “drag race” part of the invite and expect speedsters?

11 | Does The Voice‘s Adam Levine keep a colony of moths on call to nibble his t-shirts into carefully tattered condition? And West Coast fans, did you follow the East Coast results telecast on Twitter so you could participate in the “Instant Save”? Or was that more work than you were willing to put in?

12 | Sure, The Blacklist‘s Liz is still new at interrogating people, but can we all agree that breaking Tom’s thumb was a bone-headed move — even for a profiler? And what do you think is in the envelope that Liz discovered?

Faking It13 | Help us out with this so it can stop bugging us: Who does Faking It‘s Rita Wolk, aka Amy, look like?

RELATED | What’s Next For MTV’s Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a ‘Lesbian Sherpa’

14 | On Awkward, where does Jenna’s dad keep disappearing to? And what does he even do for a living? Nothing against Lacey, but we could use a little more Mike Faiola in our lives.

15 | Was this week’s Glee set in an alternate universe where theater reviews are only published in the print edition and not online? Why didn’t Rachel’s dads — who after all gave her the middle name Barbra — attend her first performance on Broadway? (They weren’t even among those who sent her flowers!)

The Mindy Project16 | How long did it take you to realize it was Ally McBeal‘s Peter MacNicol playing Danny’s Rabbi friend on The Mindy Project? And ladies, aren’t you kind of curious to know how Mindy and Morgan’s birth control reminder rhyme ends?

17 | Every time the dazzling Adrianne Palicki comes on to your screen during About a Boy, aren’t you left wondering, “Why isn’t this woman a household name?”

RELATED | Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, POI, Once, Arrow, The Mentalist, Big Bang and More

18 | Wouldn’t Nashville‘s very good concert special have been even better with the addition of stars Connie Britton and Lennon and Maisy Stella?

19 | Wouldn’t you totally watch a Grey‘s spin-off about Alex in private practice? And maybe we just haven’t flown first class in a while, but isn’t this a tremendous amount of legroom? Especially for a plane that’s six seats across?

GreysAirplane

20 | Was Parks and Recreation so perfect this week that you almost wish it had been a series finale? But when it comes to whiny Craig: Are you somewhat amused by him, or forever annoyed by him?

John Oliver21 | HBO-bound John Oliver returned to The Daily Show Thursday looking… really good, right? Was it the haircut? New glasses? Or was Jon Stewart only half-joking when he suggested his former colleague had some work done?

22 | Given the bum deal that most women on Reign wind up getting when it comes to husbands, are you waiting for Greer’s too-good-to-be-true fiancé to show his true colors?

23 | TVLine reader Shaun asks: “What is it with ABC and bipolar disorder? First Mind Games, and now Black Box. Do they have to give every character a mental illness?”

tonight-show-rita-ora24 | On a scale of one to “Call the FCC!,” how shocked were you by Bad Teacher‘s apple bong?

25 | Have we really reached the point where aspiring female pop stars need to be smeared with paint mid-performance to get any attention for their music (as happened to Rita Ora during her appearance on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon)?

1. MA says:

#1) Yes. That was a total cop-out, and it more deflated the show for me than was a huge surprise.
    #3) Please!
    #17) Yeah, she’s great! I don’t get it either.
    #18) Yes. I really missed all three of them too.

• Abby says:

Unless part of the Orphan Black mythology is something like each of the embryos was treated in different ways before implantation. Maybe the Sarah/Helena embryo was injected with some lizard DNA as per the jokey line by Cosima in season one (say trace amounts…or something, I’m definitely not a scientist, but we do know that the DNA is synthetic, not natural, and therefore modified somehow). Maybe the other embryos were treated a different way leading to different results for the clones. But the other clones, from different embryos (especially the Europeans who are presumably all or mostly dead), didn’t heal no matter how traumatic their death (okay, Katja might have healed if she hadn’t been chopped to pieces, I respect that, but Beth didn’t heal under that train, either, and her body was still intact in the morgue).

2. ad says:

#1 NO. Helena is the best clone.

3. smnth says:

number four is a no because the guy that died at the end referred to tituba as marys cinnamon girl. so no others can totally see her.

4. Spencer says:

About Crazy Craig, I think he’s better as the Sapersteins where he needs to only show up occassionally. Having him in every single episode is a bit excessive for my taste.

5. TinLV says:

I would soooo be on board for a Grey’s spin-off with Alex, but I think it would be better if he were single again. At least for awhile.

6. csr says:

#12 I wish the writers would decide if Lizard is a rookie or an experienced agent.

7. Montie says:

15. The newsstand guy mentioned the paper being online. He asked them how old they were because the paper would be online in five minutes. Rachel just wanted to hold it in her hands.

8. Jordan says:

#13 She looks like Jennifer Lawrence and Aly Michalka had a baby.

9. spindae2 says:

#13 ohhhh you young guns! Rita Wolk looks like a “Married with Children” Christina Appelgate. Kelly Bundy 2.0

10. Juiceimus says:

RITA VOLK looks like a combination of Aly Michalka, Jennifer Lawrence, & Sarah Chalke.. maybe a smidge of Kristen Bell & Dianna Agron.. so pretty much the most beautiful woman in the world.

11. liz says:

For Ru Paul’s Drag Race I thought that pro-ball player was a great addition to the show. It showcased how homophobia isn’t so black/white, there are shades of grey. It also showed how her personally was probably comfortable with queer culture but how his real fears came from the dominating “hyper-masculine” culture of the lockerroom. How as one man, he didn’t care but as part of a system where the desire to fit in is SO strong it made him throw up. The idea that he wouldn’t be accepted because of his allyship, made him sick.
    I think it was very brave of him to challenge himself and his teammates in this way. And very reflective of what a lot of straight men must feel who are struggling with the fine line of maintaining their straight identity but also being an ally to the queer community. He didn’t quit the show, he didn’t harass any of the Queens. I commend him for his bravery, for challenging his own fears and that of society.

12. sanchopanza says:

#13 – As evidenced by these comments, my first thought was the correct one: Any number of people. As generic a blonde (probably blue-eyed) ingenue as you can find.

13. jenferner8 says:

I thought the same thing, it’s the eyes and blank expression.

14. jenferner8 says:

My understanding is the show always planned to bring Helena back, the producers just lied about not knowing but I’m ok with her being back.

Liz is HORRIBLE profiler. I’m not surprised she was dumb enough to break the guy’s thumb. There was an episode that revisited one of Liz’s old cases. 40 minutes into the show she literally said “I’ve been looking at this all wrong, I need to look at victimology and see what the victims all had in common.” Well, duh!! That’s Profiling 101! I remember watching the episode and saying “Hotch would’ve had this figured out 20 minutes in.” Ironically Tom’s being whatever he is makes her more interesting. I really think Red had something to do with her getting her current job. If he turns out to be her biological dad, and I hope he isn’t cause that would be to easy of an answer, but if he is he’s probably to mortified by her stupidity to want to admit it.

15. liz says:

Liz’s decision to break the thumb was pretty dumb, but to be fair she’s a profiler – not an interrogator. Still, she probably should have thought it through better. Love her to bits though; Liz Keen has to be one of my favourite characters of the new tv season.

16. Amanda says:

#1 No because Helena and all the clones are not immortal. They heal quickly but can all be killed, maybe death has to be instant so their bodies are not given the chance to start healing. I am guessing this is why Helena shot Katija in the head.

17. Alicia says:

7. Criminal Minds hasn’t done it! Neither has Elemantry, but the came damn close with the civilian surveillance drones company from last night!

• comeon says:

It was mentioned on Elementry. The one with Bell’s boss of the special task force. Bell’s boss requested correspondence from NSA to try to start a mafia war. Sherlock even mentioned PRISM when he was at the non official NSA office.

18. Gon says:

#8 yes and his parents had an intercourse RIGHT beside his body was just awkward and kinda disgusting

19. leo21 says:

#1 I don’t know. I was happy she wasn’t dead when we realized who took Kira. I think Helena will help save her. I know she needs to die but I don’t want her death on Sarah’s hands.

20. Abby says:

re 1) It COULD lessen the stakes, but let’s not forget how easily Helena herself took out the other clones. Maybe the Sarah/Helena embryo was somehow enhanced where the other embryos were not, before it was implanted in the birth mother. This could help explain Kira’s survival, and not lessen the stakes at all for the other clones we know and love.

21. Alichat says:

1) Yeah, I think so. I know she’s a fan favorite because she’s so nutty, but I don’t see how she had bled out as long as she did (at least 24 hours) and survived. Plus, the reveal was so odd. She wanders out of a building, down numerous streets I’m sure, into a hospital…wandering slowly down halls and wiping blood the entire way….without someone, anyone seeing her and offering help before she makes it to the intake desk.

4) Is she invisible? I thought Mr Corey said he saw Mary with Tituba.

12) I would love it if she was a smarter, tougher woman. She disappoints me alot.

19) Thank you!! I want to fly on that airline!

22) Greer and Lola’s! Lola’s husband has been awfully laidback and accepting of her pregnancy. I’d say both are suspect.

22. Babybop says:

Dave and Connor are just not being smart. Why would you tell everyone how to do the roadblock? This is a race! It bothers me that they were so angry at Brenchel for UTurning them.

23. Megan says:

13.) I make her to be very similar to Ever Carradine or maybe a little bit Jaime Ray Newman

24. 1) Heck no, Helena *healing* is going to finally lead the clones where frankly Cosima should have gone all along–what is the “experiment” actually experimenting on. They don’t have all the same DNA, and the Dyad people are testing something–why make 10+ of the exact same thing, that’s not an experiment. Experiments need variables. Some of the clones can take a shot to the chest and some are still smoking even though they are coughing up blood. What is the experiment for?

25. Ceili says:

13. She reminds me of a younger version of Katie Jenkinson (Kendall from Super Fun Night) or Sarah Carter (from Shark).

26. Ram510 says:

19) Alex was always my favorite character on GA. It would be cool if he had a spin off

27. andy j says:

Dawn and Shirley are great, but I would love to see a parallel series of webisodes with ALL the secretaries, including ditzy Meredith, dishy Clara and all the rest. It could kind of be a “Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” version of “Mad Men”, with the focus on the secretaries and occasional appeearances by Roger, Peggy, Lou, et al.
    And Dave, not so much Conor, was being whiny about being u-turned to the point of unpleasantness. Its a race and Brenchel did the right thing. From the looks of next weeks episodes it looks like the bad blood continues. Maybe Dave is being nice to Caroline and Jennifer so they can marry Conor; being Mormon, Conor doesn’t have to choose between the ladies.

28. spider3tattoo says:

8 | Be honest: Did you chuckle a little when Game of Thrones’ Joffrey was shown with huge, painted eyes placed over his real ones?

Actually, no. Many ancient cultures have burial rituals that require the blocking of orifices to prevent evil spirits from entering the dead. Also, the eyes were painted on to help him see in the afterlife, in some beliefs.

Someone either never took a college anthropology course, or has a juvenile sense of humor. The same writer that thought the incest scene in the sept was funny, no doubt.

• Isobel says:

Agree it’s like the ancient Greeks putting coins on the eyes to pay the ferryman to cross the Styx to the Underworld. I don’t see how it was funny, given Westeros people seem to follow multiple gods, I presume the writers looked into how religions other than Christians treated their dead.

29. rowan77 says:

Oh, and I thought Bad Teacher was a bad show. The Mindy Project does self-centered and narcissistic with unrealistic goals with it’s lead in an engaging, hilarious way. Bad Teacher didn’t even come close.

BTW this weeks The Mindy Project was one of the best episodes of the show that I’d seen. Just top notch writing and the cast was on fire. I recognized Peter MacNicol -he was my favorite part of the show Numb3rs – right away. I loved that Danny’s girlfriend thought he was a wizard (and in turn, Mindy thought he was a Civil War general) just because he wore a hat and had a full beard! But Mindy and Danny on the subway (“I can’t see my neck! I can’t see my neck!” “You’re like a pelican in a fishing net right now.”) was my favorite moment. This show gets better and better.

30. Obbie says:

13| Gillian Zinser

31. Jillian says:

13. Amanda Bynes when she was on What I like About You with Jennie Garth.
    20. Parks and Recs finale felt like they wrote/filmed it before the season 7 pick up. It was definitely meant to be a series finale.

32. Lauren says:

13: She looks exactly like a blonde version of Sasha from Bunheads.

33. Melanie says:

#13 I think she looks like Kaylee DeFer

34. B says:

#13 she reminds me of Nora Kirkpatrick (AKA Catherine from Greek)

35. Craig Hansen says:

#20: I would say forever annoying with Parks and Rec’s Craig character. But he’s very one-note, and I hope next season they give him more to do than just a loud freak-out every time he’s on screen. They’re capable of doing it… Ron, April, Tom, etc… all the good characters on that show started out one-note but expanded. Still waiting for that to begin with Craig.

36. Tee says:

1. I don’t think Helena being alive is a cheat, there seems to be something special in their line – Sarah is the only clone so far that can conceive, it seems up in the air if Kira is able to heal quicker. And storylinewise, there’s possibly still more to be told with her since the group she was involved with will be a bigger element this season.

I’m kind of over these showrunners blatantly lying during interviews though (See: Pretty Little Liars). Just don’t answer the questions or give dodgy answers ala Cristine Milioti. I’m not super upset or anything, it’s just kind of dumb.

37. JM says:

2) Yes, I jumped!!
    12) Dumb move, very dumb.
    19) I just LOL at that photo. Has there EVER been that much legroom?

38. Justin says:

#13 – I think she looks a lot like Emily Browning

39. Rich Abey says:

#8. Those big blue painted eyes did bring a chuckle out of me, but then just seeing Joffrey dead eased all of my worries & weariness after a hard day of lab work. Wish I could come back to my room every day to a life size poster of a dead Joffrey..

40. Rich Abey says:

#20. The Parks & Rec season finale was perfect indeed, but then Season 7 sounds even more interesting and I trust that the writers will give us an incredible series finale even though it’s hard to see them topping off this finale.
    Craig was okay at the start but he is now slowly growing on me..his best probably was at the wine tasting event.

41. Apples says:

Missed Adrienne Palicki ever since FNL. Need her back on screen in a major role, ASAP!

42. Bob Smith says:

How about because it might be insulting to Christians, since Easter Sunday is THE resurrection to end all resurrections.

43. Kyle says:

Burning Question: Isn’t it time for Sophie on 2 Broke Girls to have a spinoff already??