Did Orphan Black Cheat a Death? Is Grey's Plane Crazy? Mad Men Spin-Off, Please? And More Qs

Orphan Black Season 2 RatingsWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Orphan Black, The Blacklist, The Mindy Project and Parks and Recreation!

1 | Does Helena’s miraculous survival on Orphan Black kind of lessen the stakes?

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on 22 Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

2 | Did the bird bursting out of the dead woman’s chest make you jump more than any of Hannibal‘s goriest surprises to date? And could Hugh Dancy and guest star Jeremy Davies have been separated at birth?

3 | Can Mad Men’s highly entertainingMadMen_Dawn_Shirley Dawn and Shirley get their own series of “SCP Breakroom” webisodes, please?

4 | Salem‘s Tituba is visible only to Mary, right?

5 | How does ABC not air an episode of Resurrection on Easter Sunday, of all days?

6 | Shouldn’t Once Upon a Time‘s Hook be glad that Emma didn’t accidentally teleport his pointy prosthetic to a, um, far worse place?

7 | Quick, can you name a CBS drama that has not had an NSA storyline this season? [Crickets]

8 | Be honest: Did you chuckle a little when Game of ThronesGame of Thrones‘ Joffrey was shown with huge, painted eyes placed over his real ones?

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time‘s Wicked Witch Warns Snow White, ‘Your Baby Will Be Mine’

9 | We’re all for a little camaraderie on The Amazing Race, but might David and Connor be a little too nice to their fellow contestants?

10 | Why did “pro basketball player” Brandon go on RuPaul’s Drag Race to be made over as a bride for his fiancée if the very idea made him so uncomfortable that he spent most of the episode looking like he wanted to crawl under a worktable — and then puked? Did he only hear the “drag race” part of the invite and expect speedsters?

11 | Does The Voice‘s Adam Levine keep a colony of moths on call to nibble his t-shirts into carefully tattered condition? And West Coast fans, did you follow the East Coast results telecast on Twitter so you could participate in the “Instant Save”? Or was that more work than you were willing to put in?

12 | Sure, The Blacklist‘s Liz is still new at interrogating people, but can we all agree that breaking Tom’s thumb was a bone-headed move — even for a profiler? And what do you think is in the envelope that Liz discovered?

Faking It13 | Help us out with this so it can stop bugging us: Who does Faking It‘s Rita Wolk, aka Amy, look like?

RELATED | What’s Next For MTV’s Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a ‘Lesbian Sherpa’

14 | On Awkward, where does Jenna’s dad keep disappearing to? And what does he even do for a living? Nothing against Lacey, but we could use a little more Mike Faiola in our lives.

15 | Was this week’s Glee set in an alternate universe where theater reviews are only published in the print edition and not online? Why didn’t Rachel’s dads — who after all gave her the middle name Barbra — attend her first performance on Broadway? (They weren’t even among those who sent her flowers!)

The Mindy Project16 | How long did it take you to realize it was Ally McBeal‘s Peter MacNicol playing Danny’s Rabbi friend on The Mindy Project? And ladies, aren’t you kind of curious to know how Mindy and Morgan’s birth control reminder rhyme ends?

17 | Every time the dazzling Adrianne Palicki comes on to your screen during About a Boy, aren’t you left wondering, “Why isn’t this woman a household name?”

RELATED | Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, POI, Once, Arrow, The Mentalist, Big Bang and More

18 | Wouldn’t Nashville‘s very good concert special have been even better with the addition of stars Connie Britton and Lennon and Maisy Stella?

19 | Wouldn’t you totally watch a Grey‘s spin-off about Alex in private practice? And maybe we just haven’t flown first class in a while, but isn’t this a tremendous amount of legroom? Especially for a plane that’s six seats across?

GreysAirplane

20 | Was Parks and Recreation so perfect this week that you almost wish it had been a series finale? But when it comes to whiny Craig: Are you somewhat amused by him, or forever annoyed by him?

John Oliver21 | HBO-bound John Oliver returned to The Daily Show Thursday looking… really good, right? Was it the haircut? New glasses? Or was Jon Stewart only half-joking when he suggested his former colleague had some work done?

22 | Given the bum deal that most women on Reign wind up getting when it comes to husbands, are you waiting for Greer’s too-good-to-be-true fiancé to show his true colors?

23 | TVLine reader Shaun asks: “What is it with ABC and bipolar disorder? First Mind Games, and now Black Box. Do they have to give every character a mental illness?”

tonight-show-rita-ora24 | On a scale of one to “Call the FCC!,” how shocked were you by Bad Teacher‘s apple bong?

25 | Have we really reached the point where aspiring female pop stars need to be smeared with paint mid-performance to get any attention for their music (as happened to Rita Ora during her appearance on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon)?

1. Amanda says:

#5 I said the same thing!

2. LE says:

13) In that photo, Rita Volk kinda looks like Kaley Cuoco but only in that photo.

3. mayiread says:

20: I rather enjoy Craig. And that finale was one of the most perfect episodes of anyy comedy I have ever seen.
    16: Didn’t realise it was him until you said it.

• gdv says:

I kept telling my husband how Parks & Rec felt like a series finale. It was perfect! Even Duke Silver played at the Unity concert. A lot of things came full circle.

• S. says:

I didn’t physically recognize him immediately, but the voice got me. I’d know Peter aka John Cage’s voice anywhere. Looked closer and realized those were his eyes. Love Peter MacNicol. Turns out he was Chris Messina’s favorite guest actor so far. Pretty hilarious. Hope they put him forward for a Guest Actor in a Comedy Emmy nomination.

4. mayiread says:

16: Didn’t realise it was him until you said it.

5. #13 – I think she looks a bit like Sarah Chalke in that photo. I can see Kaley Cuoco a bit, too, but mostly I see Sarah.

6. Amy says:

13 | Help us out with this so it can stop bugging us: Who does Faking It‘s Rita Wolk, aka Amy, look like? SARAH CHALKE

7. Dee says:

#13- I think she looks like Amanda Bynes.

8. ME says:

#8 YES!
    #13 Rita Wolk looks like a hybrid between Glee’s Dianna Agron and BBT’s Kaley Cuoco

9. Dillon says:

1) it did. I liked Helena, but bringing her back was disappointing. Sarah’s whole drive somewhat now is that she killed her sister.

• Tess says:

Are you kidding? Bringing her back was awesome. And surely Helena’s survival is tied to whatever allowed Kira to survive being hit by a car and only have a minor head wound. The “stakes” aren’t lessened though – just because Helena survived being shot doesn’t mean the clones can’t die – or else we’d be seeing Beth and Katia too, and I don’t think they are about to turn “Orphan Black” into “Resurrection” (oh and I totally saw the irony in ABC not airing “Resurrection” on Easter too).

10. Dawn says:

#13 – Poppy Montgomery?

11. cathms says:

17. Maybe because people keep referring to her as Adrianna instead of Adrianne :)

12. amy says:

#13 – she reminds me of pre-issues Amanda Bynes.

13. Bartleby says:

20. This episode was incredible. Would have worked perfectly as a series finale, but I would miss this show too much so I’m glad it’s not.

14. ninergrl6 says:

22. I think he has shown his true colors but I’m waiting for something tragic to happen to him. He’s too nice to stay at the castle permanently.

15. Joel says:

13. Kristen Bell mixed with Dianna Agron

16. cmgnash says:

#13 – Looks kind of like Sarah Chalke to me.

17. ggny says:

13: She looks like Sarah Chalke

18. Viv says:

1. Yeah, somewhat… I was actually disappointed that they decided to keep her around.

7. Wow, I couldn´t say. I just realized that the only CBS show that I watch at the moment are PoI and The Good Wife. I´m wayyyyyy behind on the others (I think the last episode of Criminal Minds that I watched was episode 8 or so…)

12. The SECOND she broke his thumb I knew he would get free. Well, these tv characters are very busy they havn´t any time to watch tv shows so they could learn such things…

21. I have to say I don´t like John Olivers new haircut, but that´s just me. Also, can I say how much I enjoyed TDS this week?

• Angela says:

Yeah, the hairdo’s a little too short for me, but eh, he’s still adorable. And I too LOVED “The Daily Show” this week. All the coverage of that Cliven Bundy moron (the “negro” thing, good lord…) and Hannity’s bizarre support of him has been hilarious. And of course, it was great to see Stephen show up during a segment, too :D.
      I can’t recall “Criminal Minds” doing an NSA storyline right at the moment, but I’ve only seen most of the episodes of this season once thus far, so maybe a rewatch can refresh my memory in that regard.
      Also, the article raises a good point on “Glee” about the reviews online…I just figured they read those later, and just wanted the thrill of reading a review in the old-fashioned paper, especially one as notable as the New York Times. And yeah, Rachel’s parents definitely should’ve been there, or shown giving her their support, or something.

19. Nicole says:

#13: She reminds me a bit of Aly Michalka

20. sarah says:

12)Photos of Red suffocating her dad in the hospital.
    18) Yes that is what I was thinking, supposedly Connie had pneumonia
    19) Yes I would watch that spin off, I also though there was a crazy amount of leg room.

I was expecting to see some mention of Arrow.

21. Eric S says:

#1-Yes they cheated. I remember the producers actually talking about her death afterwards. The only thing I can come up with is that they changed their mind. Because she was dead. Reminds me of the Claire revival on The Following. That was BS as well.
    #2-No. There has been others that made me jump more. Great show.
    #3-Love those 2 secretaries. They seem to be making Peggy less and less likable.
    #5-I wondered about that as well. Have a feeling that ABC got skittish and didn’t want to upset some people by having the show on this holiday.
    #8-Yes
    #9-Yes they are being nice. This is a Race you know!!
    #13-I see Kaley and I can see Poppy as well.
    #17-I love Adrianna. I am in love with her. She’s great on About A Boy. I do like her better as a blonde, but I am not complaining too much.
    #18-I think Connie may be self conscious about her singing abilities. And to do it in front of a real audience might be too much for her. The two girls may not be comfortable either. Just my two cents.
    #23-I don’t think 2 shows make a trend. 3 shows I can see.

22. Leslie says:

#13 She kind of reminds me of Mamie Gummer.

23. #18 – Connie Britton is all things lovely, but she can’t sing. She doesn’t even do a good job of lip syncing. On a show that has so much singing talent at their disposal, no way they are going to put her in front of a live microphone.

• rowan77 says:

Don’t be silly – obviously Connie can sing, or they wouldn’t have her singing in just about every episode. Is she the strongest singer – no, but she can sing. I really wanted to see the girls, though. They have such talent. Lennon has such a sweet voice, but Maisy sounds like a tiny Patsy Cline the way her voice catches. Perhaps their parents are trying to keep them grounded and limit their appearances. Many a child star has burned out and lost any semblance of childhood because every moment they weren’t on the set they were making appearances or recording albums, trying to strike while the iron was hot. I’d rather the kids have a real childhood and adolescence and grow up well, then see them all over and have them become like Anissa Jones, Danny Bonaduce or David Cassidy.

24. Jen says:

20. I enjoy Craig on Parks and Rec. And it would have made a good series finale, but I’m glad it wasn’t. I have faith in the show that the actual series finale will be just as good.

25. xx says:

1| Does Helena’s miraculous survival on Orphan Black kind of lessen the stakes?
    No, it just confirmed what Kira’s quick recovery-plus Helena’s own recovery from the rebar stabbing- already suggested: there’s something in the clones screwing with their ability to recover from things. Plus, if Helena were normal, she’d have died of infection from one of those back scars already. You can’t possibly tell me she cleaned and treated all of those properly.

• Eliza says:

Yes, amen. that’s what I thought as well. They at least messed with Sarah and Helena because they had the same birthmom and the rest of the clones couldnt have kids so they probably are some sort of extra experiment and sarah passed it on to her girl

• xx says:

Oh, that’s interesting. I hadn’t thought of variations among clones beyond the ID tag.

• meow says:

Yes that’s what I think. I think the reason they made so many clones is because they altered each one slightly with a different gene they were testing out. For example one would get an “anti-cancer gene” or something, another gets a “longevity gene” etc. The reason they have monitors is not to test them psychologically but to see if their genes/abilities are manifesting. That’s why Leekie/Neo-evolutionists/DYAD are involved (their whole spiel about evolution being a “human right.”) But, like in every experiment, there must be a control. Rachel is the control. That’s why they kept her in the business, aware of what she is.

26. LADY_in_MD says:

#12 I think what she found in the envelope is a picture of Red killing her father in the hospital remember Tom being at the hospital maybe he caught Red smothering the father

• John NYC says:

But then she’d do far more than simply brush him off.

• LADY_in_MD says:

true the promo for next week doesn’t make it seem like it was something that would make her truly upset at Red or want to hurt him in any way I wonder if they will reveal what it was right away

27. knd says:

#13 a combo of Dianna Agron and Greer Grammer

28. Adam says:

#10. I have no clue! Personally, the “makeover a straight guy” episodes are always the weirdest episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race to me, but it’s weird to have a seemingly homophobic guy be a guest.
    #20. I really like Billy Eichner on his show, Billy on the Street, but I have a more mixed reaction to him in Parks & Recreation. I like that the character is trying to cool down his own screaming persona, at least.

29. Lisa says:

13) She looks like Emily Browning from sucker punch

30. Elle says:

13 the main girl in bunheads the one with the black hair.

31. #10 – Don’t you think this week’s challenge sort of answers last week’s question about why Trinity was let go over Joslyn? I don’t see Trinity being able to bond with her bride or having the confidence to pull off a decent transformation. Joslyn was very endearing with her straight dude, even though he was not on board at all.

32. CJ says:

1) I thought it was a little bit of a cop-out, but Helena is a very watchable character and I’m happy she’s around for the time being.
    2) It takes a lot for a TV show to frighten me, but I actually jumped and let out a bit of a shriek when that bird flew out of her chest. Ick.
    20) I Hate him. Capital “H”. He put a damper on an otherwise spectacular season. I’ve said it before, but he is the Hazel Wassername of Parks and Rec. A useless and horrifically annoying character.

33. MandaJ says:

#4 I think everyone can see Tituba. One character mentioned Mary’s “Cinnamon Girl”. I assume she’s visible to all.

• Isobel says:

Agree I think it was Mary’s now husband that said in the past about the cinnamon girl, so she is visible, she’s just a slave so people ignore her and don’t care that she’s always around Mary which suits both the women.

34. Katrinka says:

20) I wasn’t familiar with Billy Eichner until seeing him as Craig on Parks & Rec…now I am obsessed with him! If you’ve never watched “Billy On The Street” either on Fuse TV or Funny or Die, you’re missing out on some seriously funny stuff. Loved the season finale & can’t wait for next season to find out why Ben’s in a tux, Andy’s arm is in a sling & Jerry/Larry is now Terry.

35. MEL31602 says:

Re: No. 9: I’m just glad you guys see Dave and Connor as too nice instead of too whiny like some other TAR bloggers. I’m pretty sure Dave was just joking about it making no sense to UTurn a 60 year old. And they did kind of have a point that a team in first doesn’t have to use the UTurn.

36. SJ says:

#16 – THAT was Peter MacNicol? Really? Oh my god, I never would have figured it out had you not mentioned it. Shame on me, too, I was like the number one fan of Ally McBeal back in the day!

37. BTM says:

1. I’d say it didn’t. We’ve seen her and Kira both recover shockingly from “mostly dead” before, so I was thinking about it before the episode aired. Of course, by the time it aired, I’d forgotten again, so I was just as surprised as everybody else…..

For me, the real story is about what Dyad and the other interested parties will do when they realize just how well the genetic tech works.

38. Tim says:

#13 In that picture, I see a resemblance to Piper Perabo. Looking at the pics in her IMDb profile, she looks a bit like Jennifer Lawrence in a couple and Fiona Gubelmann in others.

39. John NYC says:

12 | …even for a profiler?

For a profiler, sure. For a thoroughly pissed off and betrayed wife? Everyone has their little mistakes.

40. webly3 says:

#1 – Helena’s revival was a little too ridiculous for me. I saw it coming, but really, why couldn’t there have been a better hint that she was alive? What makes her so impossible to kill?
    #5 – I was really confused as well. Maybe the show is just an insult to Resurrection?
    #6 – Lol I wasn’t thinking of that implication.
    #9 – Yes! Brenchel is just playing to win here no need to take such personal offense by their move.
    #15 – Glee is full of logical fallacies, let’s be real.
    #20 – It could have been a phenomenal series finale but I’m kind of glad it wasn’t because Ann & Chris didn’t make an appearance for it. And Craig is extremely annoying.
    #23 – ABC is just trying to experiment new things. Obviously since Mind Games and Black Box are getting cancelled, it’s not working out very well. Black Box might have been better if it wasn’t so weird. Like I can understand mental illness can be that realistic but did the writers have to choose her bipolar disorder have her dancing around like an idiot.

41. Jason says:

#12 has to be pictures of Red smothering her adoptive father, so that means it will be something completely different. ijs

42. N says:

2. Loved the bird on Hannibal!

43. Carrie says:

19. Four seats across. Not six. Seriously?

44. Tom Charles says:

~~~~
    Not That I’ve watched an episode of Glee since Glee Actually,, but……….just because we didn’t see them doesn’t mean they weren’t there.
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    Oh for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it’s 2014! We’re moving forward. It’s very in character based on the movie. If FX can show all the lovely, lovely things we’ve seen on The Americans, surely an apple bong is not the worst thing in the world.

45. Aaron says:

#15 I’m pretty sure when they were standing around the news stand somebody made some comment about how cold it was and that the review was probably already online.

• Allen says:

I think she was trying to get the “experience” of getting a real newspaper at a real newsstand to read her Broadway debut reviews. I think she wanted that tradition.

46. GVR517 says:

Where does Jeremy keep disappearing to on The Mindy Project?

47. Dawn says:

#14 Phote proof Reddington killed her parents.

48. nate says:

#22. yes i keep waiting to figure out what his deal is

49. Dave says:

Nah, Connor & Dave (in particular) were straight up jerks on this week’s episode of Amazing Race. Who WOULDN’T U-Turn the team that was right behind them and has already won legs of the race? Seeing a grown man act like such a petty twit was embarrassing.

50. may says:

#15 Not only Rachel´s dad were MIA. Her birth mother who lives there and said they could get along was ALSO MIA….but it´s Glee….

• Kat says:

It’s definitely a bigger deal that her dads weren’t there. They’re the ones that raised her and presumably care about her more than anyone else.