Girl Meets World: The Matthews Family Rallies Together In First Poster

Riley Matthews has got the whole world in her hands — literally.

RELATED | Exclusive First Look: Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World Logo Gives Nod to Original Series

The first official poster for Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World, originally published by The Hollywood Reporter, finds Cory and Topanga’s daughter palming the globe, while her family — plus mischievous best friend Maya — chills above her on a brick wall.

Though an official premiere date has yet to be announced, the Boy Meets World sequel series is expected to bow later this year.

Check out GMW‘s first official poster below, then drop a comment with your thoughts.

Girl Meets World Poster

1. I really really really hope they don’t screw this show up. Boy Meets World was one of the best shows of the 90s and I don’t want that legacy destroyed.

• Andy Swift says:

I have total faith. Same cast, same creator. It’s one of the few shows I believe can be rebooted seamlessly.

• Christian says:

Girl, if you grew up watching Boy Meets World, you’re too old for this show. Staaaaaaaaawp!

• Ben says:

Aha, I sense someone at that age where its kind of awkward and embarrassing to admit you like Pixar movies…

But if you’re old enough to have grown up watching Boy Meets World, you are also old enough to realise that the idea that you are ‘too old’ to watch a TV show is a load of tripe.

• Angelina says:

No you aren’t to old my sister is 20 and still watches GMW

• alistaircrane says:

A new series CANNOT retroactively alter or change the original Boy Meets World.

• Nigel says:

Don’t worry. It’s not one of those Ben Affleck Batman hopeless situations. Cory won’t let us fans down. Maybe Topanga, and thats an almost impossible maybe, but maybe Topanga, but Cory would never let that happen. He even said thats why it took so long for them to come back with the follow up show. Cory said, It took so long because he wanted to make sure it was goo and would live up to the legacy and that it was done right and that he kept tweaking until it was right. So if that came from Cory then I know it’s going to be great.

2. Mathis says:

And the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain….

3. abz says:

I can’t help but feel that it’s a huge mistake that the show will be on the Disney Channel. I think it would be a much better fit on ABC Family.

• Andy Swift says:

I agree — ABC Family would allow for more mature subject matter, but if it’s more like the later seasons of BMW, it fits Disney Channel’s tone of utter insanity.

• abz says:

Yeah this really is a unique situation with this show. I’m guessing they’re hoping to attract a younger generation, but probably the majority of viewers will be young adults to older adults now who watched the original series. I hope they can find a balance to keep all types of viewers interested.

• Kat says:

I don’t think they’ll have a problem attracting a younger demo. The show’s concept is pretty similar to Lizzie McGuire in terms of focusing on the life of an “average” girl. Although Lizzie McGuire had the gimmick of animated Lizzie, I don’t think that’s what drew young people to the show.

4. Mitt says:

Nobody taught Danielle Fishel how to smize.

• Meghan says:

She used to be good at photoshoots! She always looked so natural for the ones for Boy Meets World. In this she might be uncomfortable, or maybe it’s because she’s getting older, idk.

• Jonathan says:

I thought maybe that was intentional, like a forced smile trying to show her being overwhelmed at being the mother of these three kids.

5. Joey Padron says:

Great poster. Hopefully a premiere date for show will be announced soon.

6. Zanne says:

I’m hoping the show will be as truly family friendly as it should be. I’ve seen too much on television that is inappropriate for children even though the shows are on at times when the family would be watching. Hoping for some good, CLEAN humor.

7. Nigel says:

I am so psyched that a show is coming out where the dad steps up in a good way. Nothing against mothers because I know they hold it down and they do their thang, but I know dads do too. I wanted to see more of that and Cory is going to do that for me. Rep it up Cory, I know you won’t fail me.

8. Maggie says:

All I have to say at the age of 45 is Disney is the only family TV that is viewed by me and my children I watched boy meets world and think it was a great idea to bring back both as parents the show girl meets world is funny and gets a great message to today’s children! Me and my family love the Disney Chanel and by the way your never old to watch the Disney Chanel and most of all the great Disney movies!