Save the (New) Date: Fox Moves Bones Finale

Bones - Episode 9.20 - The High in the Low - Promotional Photos (2)_595_slogoThe Bones finale is on the move!

In an 11th hour scheduling tweak, Fox has opted to end the show’s ninth season on Monday, May 19 vs. Monday, May 12.

RELATED | Bones EP Teases a ‘Very Surprising’ Season 9 Finale

Additionally, Bones’ penultimate Season 9 hour — originally scheduled to air Monday, April 28 — will now run on Monday, May 12. (A rerun will fill the void on April 28; the two-hour launch of 24: Live Another Day stays put on Monday, May 5.)

As a result, Season 5 of Gordon Ramsay’s MasterChef will now bow a week later — on Monday, May 26.

1. b says:

I love Bones! Bones and The Blacklist are my Monday shows so is Sleepy Hollow but it’s on hiatus. Tuesdays The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, and Supernatural. Wednesdays Arrow and Criminal Minds. Thursdays The Vampire Diaries, The Crazy Ones, and Scandal. Did The Crazy Ones get canceled?! I really hope not! : (

2. Kayla says:

“Additionally, Bones’ penultimate Season 9 hour — originally scheduled to air Monday, April 28 — will now run on Monday, May 12.”

Am I the only one confused by the wording?

• Bea says:

Yes. Do you know what the word ‘penultimate’ means? No? It means ‘second to last’. So, the second-to-last episode of Season 9, which lasts an hour, is being moved from April 28th to May 12th. Capisce?

3. Ann says:

They probably changed the dates so there wouldn’t be a week hiatus between the last 2 episodes of the season.

4. Stef says:

It’s sad how less of a flying flip I could not give. Bones USED to be can’t miss TV, but sadly, it’s a shell of its former glory. Show BORES ME TO TEARS. should have ended years ago.

• Sharon says:

Bones has gotten better and better every year. Stories, cast and writing are simply supurb. I hope it can go on for 10 more years. I would still never miss it.

• Faith says:

I agree with you Sharon, I love Bones, it’s funny, it’s serous, love, death, suspense what else could we ask for. I love it. I hope they never cancel it, then I’d have nothing to watch.

• Twokeets says:

I agree. It used to be good–sort of cleverly frisky. Now it’s the exact same thing every week. Also, the writing is like a pale imitation of what Bones is supposed to be. My husband and I had to stop watching.

• Sharon says:

I just feel like I know the characters so well, I like to visit them. Most shows I can remember have ended once the main characters ‘get together’.

• Faith says:

Why should it have ended, if you don’t like the show CHANGE THE CHANNEL

• Faith says:

My message was a reply to Stef how she can change the channel, There are lots of people who enjoy Bones. or Stef you can go to the Red Box and rent a movie. sorry that’s how I feel.

• Stef says:

Faith – I’m not sure what part of my comment implied that I WAS watching this show religiously anymore. Pretty sure, pretty damn sure, it basically says I barely watch. Didn’t think I need to blatantly say that, but apparently I did. I can probably count on both hands how many episodes I’ve watched in the past couple of years. I try to watch out of my past love of the show. I WANT it to be good. I WANT it to captivate me. Sadly, it doesn’t.
          You are entitled to your opinion that it’s the best show ever & should never end. GUESS WHAT!? I’m entitled to my opinion that it’s a sad shell of its former glory. Don’t make a ridiculously idiotic comment FORCING YOUR OPINION down my throat unless you know my viewing habits.

• diane lincer says:

I really don’t care whether you like it or not, some of us enjoy it. What are you even doing here?

5. LuLu says:

Bones is one of a few shows I watch on FOX so I will continue to follow it at any date and time. It sad that FOX moves shows to make room for reality shows are awful. Seen previews of summer reality shows wow disaster thy name is FOX.

6. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Michael,
    Bones fan here. . . thanks for the schedule update, important stuff to know!

7. Sharon says:

Best show ever! Can some one please explain something about the episode where Bones finally opens the Christmas gifts from her parents, why the card is addressed to ‘Temperance’ and not ‘Joy’?

• tonisan says:

Because Bones didn’t know her real name was Joy until she found out the truth about her parents. Those gifts were purchased when they were all living under assumed names.

• LuLu says:

She was a baby when her parents changed her name from Joy to Temperance. Only Russ was old enough to remember.

• lisa says:

brennan never knew her name was joy. her parents changed all their names when she was 3 yrs old n they started calling her temperance. she dint remember they used to call her joy b4 dat coz she was so young.russ remembered their names coz he was older-7 yrs

8. Are we going to find out if Red is Lizzie’s real
    Father?

9. beth says:

I love Bones and I hope that doesn’t end anytime in the near future. The writers know how to keep people interested. This is the only show I have ever watched that can still surprise me. That is saying something. I cant help but remember the episode where Jack decides to be a human host for a bug now that was good tv. I love that it never gets boring. I have every season on DVD and I keep all my new episodes on my DVR till it comes out on DVD too. The only show I can watch over and over again.

10. acurat says:

Bones is aging, but fans are sticking with it. It moved to Friday, did surprising well in its 9th year, and they moved it back to Monday where it did better than the show it replaced that was brand new by JJ Abrams (Almost Human). Almost Human is canceled after its 13 episode run as it did no better than Bones (almost the same rating) and was far more expensive with its futuristic appeal. Fox has now renewed it for one more season and it depends on its ratings to keep it going. They are changing “squints” which changes the cast in minor ways yearly, but you have to imagine at some point it is going to run out of ideas. Ten years is a long time for any show, and at that point after 220 to 240 episodes, it gets pretty hard to do something original. As of now, they are mixing things up between Booth, Brennan, and Sweets, but I am not sure how much longer they can stay original.

• Grace says:

I enjoy Bones and I also loved Almost Human. The two shows I watched on Fox. So when they cancel Bones like they cancel Almost Human I will not be watching anything on Fox.

11. mitzz frazier says:

I hope that Bones has many more season to come I love this show my daughters I wacth it all the time we love all the actors and the people they play hope to see you all next year and the year after cam needs to get married next and have a baby. we laught , cry , smile and love Bones please dont leave us yet. Mitzz

12. Love love looooove Bones, Please Stay With Us

13. Gloria says:

No! NO! NO! Bones can’t be canceled . Please, please, please, I love this show!

14. Gwen says:

Bones fan here also!!!! I also watch the reruns daily, keep it please. I am still trying figure out how the tv stations and writers gave this new meaning to “reality” tv, most of the “REALITY” shows are just plain junk. And to continue putting this junk on tv questions the intelligence of our society. Thank goodness I don’t have many friends that tune into most of it (those that do are questionable to begin with lol)

15. Tara says:

I love Bones I watch every episode including reruns! It can’t be cancelled and the squints have to save Booth and Brennan!

16. Donna says:

Since cancelling cable I cannot get Fox on my antenna so lit doesn’t matter when it is on I watch on Hulu. Also another channel here has reruns from early seasons that I missed or just like to watch again. I hope Bones lasts a long time.