First Look: Supernatural: Bloodlines Exposes Chicago's Warring Monsters & a Forbidden Love

The Winchesters’ universe is expanding, and we’ve got your first look at next Tuesday’s debut of the potential spin-off Supernatural: Bloodlines (The CW, 9/8c), which features plenty of fighting and even some romance.

RELATED | Supernatural Season 9 — [Spoiler] Returns

The backdoor pilot finds Sam and Dean in Chicago, where Mafia-esque monster families, unknowingly to humans, “run” the underbelly of the metropolis and are being tracked by newly minted hunter Ennis (played by EpisodesLucien Laviscount).

But unlike Supernatural, the offshoot has a dash of forbidden love. Amidst the warring clans is a Romeo-and-Juliet-esque relationship between shapeshifter David (The Originals’ Nathaniel Bozulic) and werewolf Violet Durant (Melissa Roxburgh).

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Bloodlines’ other cast members include Danielle Savre (Heroes) as shapeshifter Margo Hayden, Sean Faris (Pretty Little Liars) as the angry-looking werewolf Julian Durant and Stephen Martines (Burn Notice) as world-weary Chicago PD Detective Freddie Costa.

Check out the photo gallery and then head to the comments with your thoughts on the newbies.

1. TVLine_FanGirl says:

I’m pretty sure Image #24 is actually Modern Family!

2. alistaircrane says:

I’m looking forward to the spinoff! Surprised the CW cast Nathaniel Buzolic on this show when they really should have brought Kol on to The Originals when Claire Holt left.

• Sara says:

Julie has said multiple times that Kol has no place on The Originals. She hasn’t even had him back for a flashback minus two seconds at very beginning of the series.

• alistaircrane says:

Then Julie’s pretty stupid. A show called The Originals should have starred all five of them.

• dmac says:

Well Julie also said the love triangle is the reason people are still watching TVD and after looking at another season’s low rating we know that’s not true.

• Sarah-Ann says:

But then again, if she really thinks people are staying for the love triangle, she ain’t that smart. Most people are sick of those love triangles, and it’s been done over and over again. And she keeps doing it. There is so much more to explore in that universe.

• alistaircrane says:

I loved Delena, but I am over them because Damon is an evil prick who will never change. I was loving the Kathlena/Stefan relationship, and I also like the idea of him with Caroline. Elena/Stefan/Caroline would be fun!

• Elyse says:

I’m so over the love triangle I probably won’t watch next season. I used to love TVD! :(

3. SUSO says:

Two “buzzwords” I genuinely hate reading: “Forbidden.” “Love.”

Ugh.

4. Khaatim says:

Nice! Modern Family is heading to Chicago to tackle the Supernatural.

5. alistaircrane says:

In my mind, they already take place in the same universe. I ship Dean and Hayley!

6. alistaircrane says:

I’m not normally a fan of backdoor pilots, but I love the idea of expanding and exploring the world of Supernatural. If SPN is going to continue to be angel-and-demon-heavy in Season 10, I hope Bloodlines gives me that Monster of the Week fix I need and miss.

7. spindae2 says:

Not a SPN fan, never watched it, but I like the cast for this show but I believe it would be to hard to get into the mythology so I will probably pass.

• alistaircrane says:

So then what was the point of your comment?

• Tai says:

I don’t think it will be too hard to get into. I think that the mythology is this is probably going to be a little less intense than on Supernatural as it seems to be only focusing on monsters. You should give it a shot. You should also watch Supernatural. It’s worth it.

8. It’s not a real a Romeo and Juliet love story unless the lovers die at the end. Just saying…

9. Josh says:

I’ve heard the pilot isn’t getting a lot of traction…

• alistaircrane says:

It’s got to be better than most of their other pilots. Jane the Virgin anyone? Yikes!!!

• Katie T says:

Jane the Virgin does sound awful but I’ve read the same as Josh. Apparently the buzz about Tribes is decreasing compared to other pilots. It’s Flash and IZombie getting the most positive buzz. It’s all going to depend on how many shows they pick up I think and if they want 3 spin offs on the network given everything points to a definite pick up for Flash. If it’s close between everything bar Flash and IZombie then they may opt for a different type of show rather than a third spin off

10. Gerald says:

I am all over this pilot. I hope it gets picked up. I hope Bryce Johnson (I assume that is him) recovered from his wound.
    Forget the Flash, it isn’t looking good from what I have seen.
    Pick up this pilot.

• J.B. says:

I’ve actually heard the opposite. Apparently the real Flash pilot was recent screened for insider types and was very well received. Some are calling it a shoe in for pickup by the CW. As somebody posted earlier it seems like Bloodlines isn’t getting good enough “buzz” to make it a viable pickup.

Personally I’d like to see both get picked up because I think they would be good companion series for their respective parent show. I too would like to see Bryce Johnson back on TV. However if it came down to one or the other I bet Flash would get it. Bigger fanbase considering his long history as a well known comic book hero.

• alistaircrane says:

I doubt it’s going to come down to one or the other. Have you *seen* the CW’s other pilots?! They’re awful. Both Bloodlines and Flash are shoe-ins for being ordered to series.

• dmac says:

This is the CW, of course they will both get picked up…have you seen the description of their other pilots? UGH

11. SonOfCoul says:

Season Finale of 1st Season of Bloodlines…..Sam and Dean show up and kill the whole cast. THE END

12. Tom Mc says:

I’ve been watching Supernatural since Episode one, but I think it needs to gracefully go out next season. As for this spin-off, it sounds like Underworld with shapeshifters instead of vampires. Ho, and might I add – hum.

• alistaircrane says:

Um, I have also been watching since Episode One, and I want Supernatural to go on for as long as possible! It’s still the most awesome paranormal show on television, and it’s one of the only shows that combines drama, horror and comedy into an effortless blend, Buffy-style. Thankfully the ratings are on my side, not a disloyal “fan” like you who wishes cancellation on our show.

• Francine says:

Oh come on, they’re not a “disloyal” fan for wanting a show to bow out gracefully and/or on a high note. I’m the same way. So many shows go way past their prime and the quality goes down. In the long run it can hurt a show. I’m always all for a show ending before that happens. So I can certainly see their point.

• alistaircrane says:

I’m not. You don’t end a good thing early when it still has life left in it. Considering all of my favourite shows don’t make it past three seasons, I am delighted that Supernatural keeps on going. Tonight’s episode of SPN proves it still has a ton of life left in it, especially when they focus on the Monster of the Week rather than the angel mythology.

13. MaryAnn says:

I can only take Supernatural in small doses before getting bored, but this spinoff looks really good. It is definitely my choice for the second CW pickup for next season (after The Flash)/

14. Lisa Cormier says:

Looks like Twilight goes to Chicago. I too am throwing up in my mouth. Sam and Dean look totally out of place in their flannel. Seeing them in is clip makes me think Jensen and Jared made a crossroads deal and it’s coming up to their tenth year.

• Grow Up says:

What’s wrong with you people throwing up in your mouth! I think most people get past that at age 1 or so.

15. Jess says:

FYI: Violet and Julian’s last name got changed to Duval. Margo is now Margo Lassiter, not Hayden