Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Disney Channel's Girl Meets World Logo Gives Nod to Original Series

You’ve got to hand it to Girl Meets World – even the Disney Channel sitcom’s logo manages to serve as a throwback to its ’90s predecessor.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Girl Meets World Welcomes Back [Spoiler]

TVLine has an exclusive first look at the official logo for 2014’s highly anticipated Boy Meets World sequel series — featuring grown-up Cory and Topanga as the parents of Riley and Auggie Matthews — and it turned out pretty much exactly as we’d hoped.

The typography, the globe… it’s all there.

Peruse the official GMW logo below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the new series.

girl-meets-world-logo-

1. alistaircrane says:

Nice! But it feels like they’re giving us everything BUT an airdate!

2. David4 says:

How about a release date?!?

3. Aleana says:

It’s looks great but is they ever going to give us an airdate

4. Roger says:

The 90’s feels. Give me a premiere date!

5. Will says:

wonder if they’ll sample the original theme song too (well, one of the many themes they used over the years). Still think this show will be terrible. I’d have more faith if it were on ABC or even ABC Family but Disney Channel children’s programming is the pits.

• theresa says:

girl meets world has the same writers and director that boy meets world had and they have promised that it will be the same as boy meets world was

• Eric says:

Except the whole thing about Topanga dropping out of law school to open a pudding shop. To me, that’s not the same as Boy Meets World. That’s pure Disney Channel.

6. Brandy says:

No paper airplane??

7. Annie says:

I know, are test audiences not giving the show good reviews? Getting worried it will never make it to air :( UGH, the waiting is really killing me…they will have to re-cast the kids because they are probably looking older with each passing day.

8. Scooter Smith (@scoboot) says:

People, relax. They will probably give an airdate at the July TCAs. Normally those are huge news days for the networks. Disney would be smart to hold on to the airdate until then, so they get the most out of the media coverage for their whole presentation, and thereby get the most ad buys at that time.

9. Luli says:

It would be great if it aired on abc family instead of disney!!! And I know disney owns abc, but still I would like to see GMW on a different network…

10. Miss Ava says:

I love the logo. Any nods to Boy Meets World make me a happy camper. If they closed out the first season with Will Friedle guest starring, I would collapse. Can’t wait!

11. cjeffery7 says:

when this girl meets wooo-ooooorld!

12. courtney violett says:

I cant wait I love that show I hope they bring back some of the original cast …I still watch re-runs ..wish I would hurry up an start :) super excited

13. Eric says:

Everyone is saying how they’d love to see GMW on another network. Well, ABC has simulcasted or aired repeats of Disney Channel shows in the past (though it’s rare). If The Neighbors doesn’t make it to next year, I was thinking that repeats of GMW on Friday nights would be kind of a cool way to resurrect TGIF. It’s much more likely that they slot in Suburgatory or perhaps a new series, but given how much publicity GMW has gotten and how excited those of us in our twenties and older are to see it, I think it wouldn’t be the worst idea.

14. Casey says:

Awsome but when air date

15. David Hong says:

I would rather like to see it on ABC Family than on Disney Channel because I know that it probably will lose a ton of viewers.

16. Joey Padron says:

Logo looks good. Hope they’ll announce premiere date soon.

17. Angela says:

OMG people stop the whining and complaining geesh people like you give us all a bad name -_-

18. Jamie Shermeyer says:

If I’m not mistaken Disney owns ABC and ABC Family. I’ve been nothing but pleased with the Disney Channel Children’s programing these past couple years. In my opinion Disney is the best channel to air this show. Can’t wait to see it. I hope for a release date soon.

19. Youseph says:

I feel like this is the kind of show that is going to have so much buzz around it but when it comes down to watching it, far fewer people are actually going to see it. It might actually quietly die. One of the things that made Boy Meets World successful is that it was on ABC so it had to appeal to everyone. Girl Meets World is going to be on Disney Channel. Have you seen the kind of cheesy super family friendly show’s Disney Channel had. After all the channel’s main audience is little kids who won’t appreciate the fact that it comes from the Boy Meets World Universe because they are too little to know about the show. I highly doubt adults are going to tune in to Disney Channel to watch this show on a weekly basis, and I highly doubt that Disney Channel can keep an adult audiences attention span. This show is getting a lot of buzz but for it to be successful it must make little children happy, not the fans of the original series. And if it keeps kids happy it won’t be able to keep adults happy who most likely are going to be watching some trashy reality show on some adult oriented cable channel. Anyway those are my 2 cents, I guess we will have to wait and see.

20. Hi, this weekend iss fastidious inn support of me, because this time i am reading
    this enormous informative post here at my house.

21. darlene says:

I use to watch boy meets world and I have all seasons on dvd. I think it was really good show. And I don’t know about girl meets world. I know it’s gonna to be about girl. I just hope it don’t make it to kiddie. .. let’s focus on topanga and cory. And how we going to get adult viewers . It’s. On disney. Channel.