Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From New Girl, Good Wife, Thrones, Vampire Diaries and More

What. A. Week. With so many deaths, finales and general game-changers, we understand if you missed a few gems along the way. Enter Quotes of the Week, a collection of the best retorts, one-liners and bon mots from the last seven days!

RELATED | TVLine’s Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson

In this week’s collection, New Girl puts an end to “boob season,” The Good Wife reminds us cheaters never win, Game of Thrones masters the art of pre-nuptial foreshadowing and The Vampire Diaries proves there’s no such thing as too many ironic vampire puns.

RELATED | TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More

So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Lists, Photo Gallery, Quotes of the Week

1. Oliver Covington says:

you forgot my personal favorite.. on GoT when Cersei is confronting Brienne about Jamie and she says “you love him.” and Brienne replies “Like a brother.”

2. Command says:

Olenna FTW! 😂😂😂

3. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

The quote of the week from New Girl for me was Winston, “If I had my druthers, like 100% of my druthers I would have to go with honey roast.”

• Sarah says:

Coach’s reaction to that was also priceless. And I loved when Winston texted everyone that the dress code was optional.

4. Gotta try and get some Whose Line quotes in here the show’s been on a roll this season!

5. Mike R. says:

You left out my personal favorite of the week “My biology, my decision” from Orphan Black.

• Khaira says:

“She says UP YOURS!”
      The girl pretending to be Sarah

“I have a friend who needs a piece…..maker.” Alison
      Orphan black season 2 premiere delivered quite the punchlines

6. Kali says:

“It was my turn to bring the meat”, Will on Hannibal

7. mari25225 says:

Numbers 6 and 21 are the same….

8. Ahmed says:

No Veep quotes, I’m disappointed.

9. AnneTM says:

The GOT quote of the week was when Jamie told Loros (spelled wrong I am sure) you will never marry Cersi and he replies neither will you.

• Scott says:

I nearly spat coffee everywhere at that one. Its not something I expected Ser Loras to do. Guess there’s some of his grandmother in him after all.

• Joey says:

Not a good choice of words for you to make when you’re making comparisons between the Tyrells and the Lannisters. :P

10. Nate says:

You forgot”my sister shot me” Helena orphan black

11. just like to point out the irony of olenna tyrell’s statement. She is the one that poisons joffrey with the help of littlefinger.

12. akanemaniac says:

Aww, Gabriel. I’m so glad you’re back, hope you stay for longer :D

13. Jim says:

Nothing from Warehouse 13? The line about the Olive Garden was hilarious!

14. CRV says:

Olenna for sure, and when she said: HELP THE POOR BOY! when she is the one who poisoned him.

15. OUAT, It is not Greek, it is Spanish

16. abz says:

How could you leave out this Good Wife quote: ” Well get ready, ’cause we’re in for a lot of hurt” — Diane.

17. Jj says:

The best line still came from GOT when Loras told Jamie that he won’t be marrying Cersei either!!!!!!!!

18. Carolyn says:

I think the persons of the week should be Julianna Margulies and Chris Noth in TGW. That kitchen scene was long overdo, and Peter backed his way into it by not giving her the time she needed to grieve Will’s death. I don’t see the agreement she insisted upon of a purely business relationship because they needed each other to get ahead lasting! She’ll soon realize she needs what a husband can provide from time to time! The show gets better and better and it’s amazing to think that the fifth season so far has really been the best! It’s as if the writers never lose steam and the ensemble is so talented that they keep the viewers mesmerized! Best network drama hands down! Can’t wait for the Emmy nominations! I do miss Will so much but wish him only the best for his future career!

• The show last night was brillant. I just didn’t think it could get better. I know no one will agree with me, but I can see eventually her getting back with Peter on equal footing. Of course I want along the way steamy bedroom scenes with Mattew Goode, unless he is married of course.