True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps

“There’s no one left” is about the last thing you want to hear in the wake of an apparent civil war, so naturally, that’s exactly how Sookie chooses to end this chilling first teaser for True Blood‘s final season.

RELATED | True Blood Casts 90210‘s Riley Smith as Love Interest for [Spoiler] in Final Season

The 35-second preview, which first aired Sunday on HBO, finds the good people of Bon Temps turning on one another, guns in hand. To make matters worse, it looks like our friends will also be facing “sick vampires,” more religious fanatics and possibly even the U.S. government.

RELATED | True Blood Recast Exclusive: Bunheads Hunk Is the New James, Replacing Luke Grimes

As for Sookie’s undead exes, this first teaser doesn’t give us any real idea what Bill and Eric are up to in Season 7, but as always, feel free to wildly speculate.

True Blood‘s final season premieres Sunday, June 22, at 9/8c on HBO.

Hit PLAY on the teaser below, then weigh in with your Season 7 hopes, fears and theories.

1. DarkDefender says:

Looks like. Serious season is coming… I miss the days when TB was just plain campy fun.

2. Nate says:

Can’t wait! !

3. WTActualF says:

Looks pretty lame to me. Looks like the writers are using hurricane Katrina as their inspiration. why would FEMA come to the aid of vampire victims? Wouldn’t that be the military or something?

4. Jake says:

Oh for crying out loud, why do people have to over think everything? Can’t you just watch the show and enjoy for what it is? It’s fun, it’s an escape from reality.

• dg says:

Its not over thinking its simply thinking . More viewers need to think about what they put in their heads via TV. smh.

• Heatherand Joe Joe says:

I have to say, ever since I started watching in 2008 I have been hooked. I went out and bought ask the books after I watched the very first episode.no the shows are NOTHING like the books, but it gives me an hour a week during the summer to enjoy my self. I love the shows, and the books. As far as reading into these shows, come on, why would you even go there. How many movies and tv shows that aren’t logical….. we watch tv to escape reality. Why criticize something so stupid. If you don’t want to watch it then don’t, but y make it over something so ridiculous!

5. Kill all the extras and keep only the leads, perfect way to lower the budget, lol.

6. alistaircrane says:

Looking forward to watching Bill and Sookie fall back in love all over again. :-)

7. Just Sayin' says:

Do you ever watch anything for non-shipping reasons? Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, True Blood? All just boils down to which two characters you want to fall in luuurve the most to you, doesn’t it?

• Elyse says:

Now that you mention it… I guess I don’t. I’ll have to think on it though! I might watch SOMETHING for non-shipping reasons.

8. D says:

No matter how ridiculous this show may get, it will remain one of my all-time favorites! If you expect some “GoT” or “BreakingBad” element of True Blood, you’re doing it wrong. Just enjoy the final roller coaster ride they’re giving us and take it for what it is: a good summer show. Gonna miss you, True Blood!

9. Nicole says:

After the train wreck that was season 6 and now this atrocious trailer I will definitely not be watching.

10. christine says:

Not optimistic. Ive been burned by this show a few too many times.

11. Lucy says:

Lame show

12. Jared says:

True Blood has such a strong cast of characters outside of Sookie and Bill. I’m surprised HBO hasn’t tried to spinoff any of them for a new series considering the ratings are still strong.

13. Mikael says:

Granted the books did get out of control too, but the show should have tried to stay A LITTLE bit closer to them, particularly the ones revolving around the big vampire summit. I think that would’ve been cool to see. I liked the nice balance of seriousness and campiness in the beginning, but then it went too far with the camp and became ridiculous. I’m curious to see how the final season turns out though.

• Christie says:

I completely agree, the book around the Vampire Summit is probably my favorite of the series. I think the show made some good deviations (addition of Jessica, and I really like Tara as a vampire), but they definitely went way too far off of the beaten path,

14. jenn99 says:

I think it’s a bunch of bull that this is the last season its hard enough to spend time with my teenage kids an the whole family gets together every Sunday to watch.there’s not much to look forward to these days but tb is one

15. dg says:

True blood is anything but family friendly lol. Smh.