Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady

Hannibal - Season 2Leading out of Dateline this Friday (seriously, is Grimm ever on?), NBC bubble drama Hannibal flirted with 3 million total viewers while scoring a 0.9 demo rating, rising 30 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

Over on The CW, bubble drama Hart of Dixie (810K/0.3) and Whose Line (1.37 mil/0.4) were steady.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Hart of Dixie and 27 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

ABC’s Last Man Standing, which finales next week, did 5.2 mil and a 1.1, dipping a tenth. Leading out of a LMS rerun, Shark Tank (6.5 mil/1.6) fell two tenths.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

Elsewhere, Fox’s double portion of Kitchen Nightmares (2.7 mil/1.0, 2.5 mil/0.9) was down two tenths from the premiere week twofer, and CBS’ Unforgettable (7.2 mil/0.9) ticked down a tenth.

1. Murder turducken brings the ratings!

2. Jillian says:

Hoping CW renews Heart of Dixie. I’ve been really enjoying it since it came back! All I’m asking for is one last season to wrap the story up.

• Lauren says:

Those ratings are terrible, but yes, I hope that it gets at least a 13 episode send off. They clearly messed up moving away from Zade and not even replacing that with Lemon and Lavon, which people have been waiting for. There’s no romance to be invested in this season, and I think that is a big draw for a show like HOD.
      Very happy for Hannibal though! If NBC cancel it they are idiots.

3. abz says:

Hannibal is so good. I’m disgusted the entire time, but I just can’t seem to look away. The acting is amazing. Hugh Dancy deserves an Emmy!
    The scene where the bird flew out of the body, I almost jumped out of my seat.
    I hope it gets renewed.

4. Mary Ann says:

I love the fact that Zoey and Lemon seem to be becoming friends. I really hope this show is renewed. It always puts a smile on my face.

• Anita says:

Me too! Zoe and Lemon’s animosity towards one another is the one thing that puts me off the show, so I’m glad to see them warming up to one another. Also, its nice to see the path paved for Zoe and Wade to reunite,though George and Lemon seems like a backwards step, but something that I could buy if George and Zoe atleast get a shot at being together.

• Kristina says:

Me too, I was really tired of the Lemon/ Zoe animosity. I actually really like the idea of revisiting George and Lemon, all we ever saw of them was their problems.

5. Eric says:

Hannibal is amazing. And correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that it was the only riser on a night where everything else was steady or down? I’ll chalk that up as a small victory. Here’s to Bryan Fuller’s original seven-season plan: may it see the light of day.

6. MP says:

Hart of Dixie has lost its charm this season for me. Hopefully, it will get renewed and this season can just be a bad memory. I did enjoy the warming of Lemon and Zoe, their scene at the end with AB was very cute.

7. Bryce says:

Matt’s back doing ratings! Hot-dog!!!

8. Liza says:

I love H of D, but this season has been off. I hope it gets renewed though and they can get back on track. I really love a lot of the recurring characters such as Tom and Wanda and Meatball and hope they use them more in the future.

9. David says:

I think HOD has a decent shot at renewal. If only because there arent many shows on CW without a supernatural theme. They also dont do so well with reruns so they might be able to get it in as a mid season or something. But it deserves another season. They have been good at not just ending shows without any conclusion the last couple of years.

Hannibal is awesome and deserves to stick it out. It’s not expensive to produce because of the foreign investment but NBC is not the best choice. If they do drop it I think someone else will pick it up. It would play well on Netflix or Amazon in addition to a ton of cable channels like AMC.

10. kate says:

I know about Grimm right? I mean I know they closed a storyline but serious.

11. Diane says:

Love Hannibal. I know it is not for everyone, but it is a fantastic show and deserves a renewal.

12. Cj says:

Keep Grimm off if keeps hannibals ratings on the rise

13. Kristina says:

I really don’t get all the hiatuses with Grimm. It performs decently despite the absurd scheduling, you’d think they’d want to keep it on!

14. HBH says:

I hope HoD gets renewed. This season has been terrible so far because of the whole Zoe and Joel thing. There was no chemistry and he was beyond boring. I like the whole Wade and Vivian thing but i really hope there is another shot at Zade. This past episode was really good between Zoe and Lemon.

15. Mikael says:

I love that Hannibal’s ratings rose on a night when its lead-in wasn’t even on!!

16. alyssa says:

Hart of Dixie doesnt have good live ratings at all, but their Live +7 day ratings/Dvr Ratings are really good. they have a .5- .6 demo rating and 150% increase post airdate. Which is better than any other tv show on friday and on the CW, so looking at those stats it is doing good, it just doesnt do well live.