Exclusive

Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale

Tension has been building between Miles and Zig for months, and Tuesday’s midseason finale of Degrassi (TeenNick, 9/8c) finally brings the drama to a head. Or, more accurately, to a fist.

RELATED | Exclusive Degrassi Video: Will a Favor From Dallas Land Alli in Trouble?

In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek of the episode, Maya’s men have a full-on showdown — cowboy duds and all — and only one will be left standing. (Here’s a hint about who wins: The fight ends with one of them saying, “I broke the rich kid.” Hmm…)

Hit PLAY on the Degrassi clip below, then drop a comment: Who belongs with Maya?

_

Loading video...

1. kara says:

I’ve been wanting Zig with Maya since season 11. But they writers always seem to give us a taste then snatch it away. Enough with prolonging them just put them together already! The actors have to much chemistry to waste.

2. Christian says:

Midseason finale.. what the heck?! This season began last July. Is this the final season and that’s why it’s being stretched out sooo long?

• "A" is Alive says:

Nope. 40 episodes for the season. They have 10 more after the midseason finale. In a twist, they didn’t do the “Telenova” format they’ve been doing the 3 seasons before this one so the season will be ending some time in June or July… There is a season 14 with 28 episodes ordered.

3. steven says:

This show is still on?

4. Tina B. says:

Zig is such an asshole! Team Miles all the time, if he wants a user like Mya, but she deserves no one or maybe Zig and she can finally learn what an asshole he is.

5. Candy says:

Zig needs to leave Maya and Miles alone why didn’t he learn from Maya’s last relationship! Team Matlingworth!

6. "A" is Alive says:

When did they start covering Degrassi? :o

7. kara says:

So wait first Miles tries to fight Zig and loses then he tries to shoot him? Okay Miles you are DONE

8. Patty says:

Ugghh, damnit Zig! I wasn’t really into Miles and normally like Zig, but after this clip, he’s annoying me. I hate that he changed after blaming himself for that other kid’s suicide. Normally, I’m team Zig (they do have great chemistry), but I’m team Miles after this clip!

9. Matt says:

I wish Degrassi would end. I can’t quit it. Maybe once Clare graduates but that is how it always goes. I kind of like Maya though so maybe I’d be stuck watching for her? That’s how it has been recently I get stuck because I still enjoy a few characters here and there like Clare, Adam and Imogen. Even Fiona grew on me. I’m 29 years old and I think this is a problem.

It’s not a guilty pleasure if I don’t feel guilty. Maybe I’m starting to feel guilty. I’ve definitely given this way too much thought. I’m probably someone who needs to keep a journal for their feelings instead of writing on internet comment threads.

Oh well at least if it runs long enough they might get stuck doing 10 year class reunions for the older classes.

10. Matt says:

Also I have a theory that every year Degrassi becomes more and more efficient. You create characters that are based on just a few character traits then you just throw situations at them and the stories write themselves. Eventually the show will become so efficient it will be written by machines and not writers.

11. Dr. L says:

Degrassi should borrow writers to TVD, Glee, PLL (the list goes on…) because they know how to write a good teen drama for more than ten seasons and counting.

• James says:

Except none of the shows you’ve cited have been on the air for more than 6 seasons yet.

• Matt says:

I’m not defending Degrassi but characters on Degrassi are at least somewhat consistent as opposed to Glee. If they change it’s from season to season unlike episode to episode. PLL drags things out endlessly. I still enjoy it but I have no idea where you’re coming from.

• Edward says:

I am guessing that Dr. L meant “lend” instead of “borrow” in his post. S/He may not be an English native speaker. I know when I was in Germany for a few years, all my German friends had trouble with borrow/lend distinctions, and would ask it backwards. If you read it as lend, it makes sense that the he thinks the writers of Degrassi have been good for over ten seasons, and would benefit those other shows.

12. Mr. Sunshine says:

This has always been one of my favorite shows. I just hope Clair and Drew get together.
    Of course, I’m probably not the demographic of this show. I’m 51. ::-)