The CW Sets Summer Premiere Dates For Beauty and the Beast, Plus Five New Series

Beauty And The BeastThe Beast is (almost) back! The CW on Thursday announced summer premiere dates for five new shows, as well as the long-awaited summer return of Beauty and the Beast.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Here’s the full breakdown of CW summer premieres:

MONDAY, JUNE 2
9 pm Beauty and the Beast

TUESDAY, JUNE 3
8 pm Famous in 12, a social experiment in which a fame-hungry family is filmed for 12 weeks straight, under the careful manipulation of TMZ’s Harvey Levin.

MONDAY, JULY 14
8:30 pm Backpackers, a half-hour comedy that follows best friends Brandon (Dillon Casey, Nikita) and Ryan (Noah Reid, Rookie Blue) as they search for Brandon’s missing bride-to-be in Europe.
9:30 pm Seed, a half-hour comedy about a sperm donor named Harry (Adam Korson) who gets to know three families — all potential recipients of his DNA.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 30
8 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us, a reality show in which aspiring magicians attempt to pull one over on famed magic duo Penn & Teller.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 1
8 pm Masters of Illusion, a show in which professional illusionists perform for a studio audience. Dean Cain (Lois & Clark) hosts.
9 pm America’s Next Top Model

1. Linda says:

That Famous in 12 looks so stupid

2. Is beauty and the beast cancelled

• Will says:

This is supposed to be a funny question, right? BATB is dunzo; they’re burning the remaining episodes off in the summer.

• alex jones says:

not officially yet, but it might as well be.

• tedmosby says:

I hope not. BaTB is really good this season,better than the generic cw teencrap like tvd,reign,sc..m

• James says:

How is Reign “generic CW teencrap”? Beheadings, murders, poisons, crazy looney kings, mistresses, and girls with bags for heads.

• Dr. L says:

Umm no. As crappy as TVD has been lately, BaTB is by no means better than the so-called generic cw teencrap. As a matter of fact, Beast matches perfectly that description. What a terrible show. And Reign dances circles around Beast too.

• Maria says:

Your opinion only. I happen to disagree. And by the way, I watch Reign but gave up on TVD last season

• How sweet that you don’t realise that BatB is the very personification of teen crap. I watched the first season and it was insufferable in places, but I have a rule that as soon as a show needs to resort to amnesia for an arc… I’m out, since they must be the worst writers ever.

• Nikki Noffsinger says:

Kinda saw that one coming. What gets me is how they cancel all the successful shows yet keep all the sucky ones. The only reason why Vampire Diaries is still reeling in viewers is because it has actors that can pull off the shoddy scenes and vampire series are still very popular with viewers. I watched the first 3 seasons and when it got stupid I just quit. Beauty and the beast got me through the first 3 airings of season 1 and I knew it was crap.

3. Cub says:

I’d rather they bring back “Captured” than watch these crap TV shows. Captured was awesome.

4. Jared says:

Hopefully BATB can atleast finish with no loose ends

5. Julius says:

What about America’s Next Top Model Cycle 21? Isn’t that a summer show also?? That’s I’m looking forward for!

• Brandy says:

They usually announce that premire date separately.

• James says:

Expect a premiere date announcement around June/July (the latter where they’ll release promos for the upcoming season).

ANTM is sure to air sometime in August like in the past 2 summers.

6. vaneileana says:

Yay!! I’ve missed this show. I love it, such a guilty pleasure.

7. vaneileana says:

I really hope Beauty and the Beast gets renewed.

• Brandy says:

It’s not going to be renewed.This summer return is just burning off remaing episodes before its cancelled.

8. Lore says:

Beauty and the Beast!! yay!

9. Boiler says:

Except for BATB these look awful

10. Stinky Feet Lover says:

BATB needs to be canceled. The Flash can take its spot!!

11. tv2day says:

No interest in any of these shows. I haven’t seen 3 seconds of beauty n the beast. This one or the old show. No bueno.

12. Scott says:

Seed is not a new show. Its already half way through its second season. It just hasn’t had a US release yet..which is an entirely different thing. Which also means its a CW purchased show..not a CW produced show..also an entirely different thing.

13. Britt says:

I hope this last part of B&TB is better than this last season. Plus where are the ratings for last night?

• Katherine215 says:

I’ve been wondering about the ratings, too. Hope Matt’s ok, I don’t think he did them yesterday, either.

• Amy says:

If twitter is to be believed, Matt’s on vacation right now. That’s why he hasn’t been posting the ratings or other articles. :)

14. Mark E. DeSade says:

Seed is a Canadian show currently in its second season on City TV.

15. Avinash says:

Did anyone else notice Kristin’s eyes besides me?

16. Brandy says:

All I’m watching on CW this summer is BatB& ANTM.The others shows sound awful.

17. Morgan says:

Will be so glad when Beauty and the Beast premieres.

18. Mick says:

Seed is an awesome show. I hope it takes off in the US.

19. BB says:

My only comments are if they announce that Beauty and the Beast is cancelled,then I won’t be watching the remaining episodes.Why let them make any money when they obviously do not care how loyal the fan base is for this amazing show?.All the other shows sound awful.If they don’t renew Batb,then who really cares how it ends?I will just move on to other shows that aren’t on the CW.BATB is really the only great show on the Cw because it is geared for every age group,not just for kids.

• Dav says:

You mean the loyal fan base that had the ratings dropping like a stone this year and could only manage a high of .3 for the last few episodes? Then yeah, I’m pretty sure they DON’T care about them.

20. Dr. L says:

Where’s ANTM

21. christine says:

“Seed” sounds beyond stupid.

22. Tee says:

So won’t be watching anything on CW this summer, but I usually don’t anyway. Hope Famous in 12 is an epic fail, like it sounds to be.

23. Para says:

cw should buy saving hope. the canadian show

24. shannon says:

This god awful line up is yet another reason why they shouldn’t have cancelled Nikita…

STILL ANNOYED. Never ever was there a more underrated, brilliant show – such amazing talent

• Brandy says:

Nikita lost more than half it’s audience in season and kept loosing its audience through the other seasons.It was never a ratings hit and was always a bubble show and always one the two or three lowest rated shows on the network.It had terrible ratings in season three and four especially and CW was loosing money on it.They got Nikita to syndication ,which was the goal and gave fans a proper ending.Nikita was getting under a million viewers and 0.2-0.3 18-49 demo.How much longer were they supposed to keep on and paying money for a show hardly any Nielson viewers were watching? Be thankful you got four seasons, a syndication deal and a proper finale-a lot of shows don’t get that.How many more chances was CW supossed to give Nikita to find and keep an audience?

• Reese says:

Beauty and the Beast is awesome! The chemistry betweem Cat and Vin is undeniable. The actors in this show are really good.

25. Lisa says:

Well its about time Beauty and the Beast comes back! Really lost interest in the CW without it.

• wendy says:

i totally agree bring back BATB and give us season 3. jay and kristin are brilliant actors and yes the chemistry between them both is my god brilliant I have never seen such chemistry between two actors. love love this show

26. Alana says:

What about Breaking Pointe???!!!???

27. Tyra Funches says:

BATB is an awesome show!!! I love the story line and the characters!!!

28. He decided to tell me around 60 days that he used to be a drug dealer; his father
    moved in with him because he was an alcoholic; his mother was in a mental
    institution because of abuse from his father; his sister was dying of a deadly
    disease; and he wanted me to buy him a cell phone and give him $20 because he used his money to pay for his sister’s grocery bill.

Using alpha male body language can help men to seduce women. Some of the scammers
    bilked tens of thousands of dollars from unsuspecting people who believed they had a
    real online romance, up to and including
    being engaged, even though the other person repeatedly
    made excuses why they could not meet.

29. Anita says:

I saw one episode of the new version of Beauty and the Beast and almost barfed. The show looks more like a remake of Incredible Hulk.

30. Edith Momoh says:

Pls when is d next season of d beauty and d beast coming out?