The View to Reunite All 11 Co-Hosts -- Elisabeth & Rosie Included! -- for Barbara Walters Tribute

107600_7638Reunited and it feels so… contentious? Nah, probably not — unless there’s a spontaneous “Hot Topics” segment on politics or religion or vaccines.

In any event, The View will gather all 11 past and present co-hosts on one stage on Thursday morning, May 15 (11/10c) for a live celebration of the show’s creator/legendary newscaster Barbara Walters, who will retire from daily television the following day.

RELATED | Barbara Walters: Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck Were Booted from The View to ‘Shake Things Up’

Slated to appear on the installment are: Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar, Debbie Matenopoulos, Lisa Ling, Rosie O’Donnell, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the current lineup of Sherri Shepherd, Jenny McCarthy, Whoopi Goldberg and Walters (who happens to be the last remaining panelist from the original lineup that debuted in 1997).

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Walters isn’t completely retiring, of course: She’ll continue in the role of The View‘s executive producer alongside Bill Geddie, her producing partner of more than 25 years.

According to a network release, The View will commemorate Walters’ final week (May 12-16) with ABC: A Barbara Celebration, featuring surprise guests, dedicated segments, and retrospectives of Walters’ life, both on screen and off.

1. Mik says:

“A Barbara Celebration” … Oh dear god. This sounds kind of akward though. Didn’t Walters fire all these returning hosts?

• Shazay says:

This is exciting!! I always wondered what the dynamic would be with all the ladies on the floor. Maybe they’ll see that Debbie or ANYONE else is better than Jenny. Poor thing, I just wish she could find something she’d succeed at. Whatever happened to Brooke Sheilds coming on? Rachel Campos was always a contender before Elizabeth got the spot, maybe she’d consider coming in again.

• Jon says:

Same question from me. What happened to Brooke Shields? I thought she was a shoo in. So there are just 4 hosts now?

I switched cable providers and I don’t get The View anymore.

2. Joe R says:

Reture? Typo!

3. Andy J says:

I don’t want to say Barbara Walters has been around a long time but I have heard that tapes have resurfaced of her interview with George Washington in which she named him the most fascinating person of 1789.

4. Will says:

Let the cat-fights ensue! >=)
    I’m sure all the drama will be back stage.. meanwhile gushing how “awesome” Babs is in front of the cam.

5. Andrew Hass says:

I think it’s nice that all the cohosts from the View’s entire history will be together.It might get a little testy at times but i do hope everyone remembers why they are there and that is to celebrate Barbara and to give her a fitting farewell.

• Pat says:

I do not think you have to worry about anyone getting testy. They all no why they have been invited back and that is to honor Barbara and her retirement from the show, even though she still will be one of the producer’s. With that said, I am glad they are all returning, which I suspected they would and I still feel like the View should also be retired.

6. alistaircrane says:

Tuning in for Rosie!!! Love her so much!!!!

7. Mary says:

Thank God she is leaving never cared for her so needless to say I won’t be watching. Behind the scene is just fine with me. I never understood her appeal.

8. Timmah says:

There was originally a plan for a 12th person, but they were afraid they’d get clobbered to death trying to get a word in edgewise.

9. David says:

Wish BArbara would retire tomorrow. So sick of her smug attitude and how she seems to talk down to Whoopie lately. Can the woman smile anymore, or at least laugh? She is so serious and stiff. I miss Joy Behar the most — maybe she will return after Barbara retires.

10. chloe says:

Can they all please go away?