Nashville Sneak Peek: As Deacon and Rayna Watch, Scarlett's Breakdown Intensifies

When we last left Nashville‘s Scarlett, she was cowering and crying under a piano in front of an arena full of fans.

The presence of hospital gowns, worried looks and tears in these photos from the drama’s next new episode make us think that the songbird’s situation isn’t going to improve anytime soon.

RELATEDNashville Plans Three-Date Concert Tour

According to the official synopsis for “Your Good Girl’s Gonna Go Bad,” which airs April 30 (ABC, 10/9c), we’ll pick up in the aftermath of Scarlett’s very public breakdown. Deacon and Beverly blame Rayna, Rayna blames Juliette and Juliette wants a little understanding from Avery… who’s preoccupied with wondering whether his ex is going to recover.

Bottom line? Nobody’s happy — though Rayna appears to be the Songwriter Whisperer in the photos below, no?

Click through the gallery to see Scarlett’s torture captured in living color.

1. CMarie says:

And no one is blaming crazy ass Beverly? I don’t buy it.

• Claire says:

IKR? I mean ..I get that Deacon, Rayna and Juliette are to blame to some degree but I mean Beverly is kind of the main issue, isn’t she?

• Katie says:

Exactly. Scarlett was clearly struggling before she showed up but nothing had boiled over until she arrived. Kind of obvious.

• Dr. L says:

Well, Deacon once told their childhood story. If I recall, Beverly was raped by her own father or something. I guess that’s an explanation.

2. I’m ready to see Deacon face off with his sister. There’s obviously a really nasty family dynamic there and I’m interested in learning more about it.

3. abby says:

Rayna should be apologizing to Juliette not blaming her. She is the one who put Scarlett on Juliette’s tour and then Juliette had to deal with things like her support act asking not to go on at last minute and then getting high and having breakdown on stage in front of Juliette’s fans. I do feel bad for Scarlett but at the end of the day when an artist has to deal with crap like that because of a management picked support acts management owes them an groveling apology. Rayna needs to realize what having her own label and being in charge of artists means, she has a responsibility to Juliette.

• Katie says:

I agree, this was not at all Juliette’s fault. Not that it’s 100% Rayna’s either, but she has far more responsibility here than Juliette. All Juliette did was not let Scarlett take the night off. She didn’t know what all was going on, but then again it wasn’t her job to. It was Rayna’s.

• Isobel says:

Agree I don’t see how Juliette’s to blame for any of this, she may have been a little jealous and unsympathetic but all if Scarlett’s issues existed before she joined Juliette’s tour.

• Claire says:

but Rayna is not her manager, she is the head of her label. I’m not saying she is 100% innocent but she gave her plenty of opportunities to quit and yet Scarlett didn’t. Ball was in Juliette’s court that night and she should have maybe called Rayna, or the tour manager or whatever. She just didn’t say anything. Another point is Deacon, who is living with Scarlett but didn’t see any changes in her behaviour despite his experiences with addiction. I think this really is a case where everybody and nobody is to blame.

• jbj says:

Good point! Why does Scarlett not have a manager anyway? Deacon has been a pretty negligent uncle woth respect to not really advising her on the pitfalls pf this stage of her career. At the very least her could have suggested she hire a manager to be her advocate with the label. I know he trusts Rayna, but she barely knows what she’s doing and can’t babysit the girl.

• abby says:

If Juliette’s label pick her support acts and they turn out to be disasters then the label has failed her and need to take responsibility for that. Scarlett’s melt down affects Juliette too it was her concert and in front of her fans so it’s not just about who could have helped Scarlett but who put Juliette in the position of having a pill popping unstable opening act.

• Claire says:

Isn’t there some sort of tour manager who is responsible? There must someone who decides if a person is fit to go on stage every night. That’s probably not the CEO of Interscope records if Lady Gaga should decide to get wasted or pull some stunt like that. I don’t think it’s Juliette’s fault but she thought a couple of times already that sth was off with Scarlett, so why didn’t she say something? I see Rayna is also to blame here but people need to stop acting like she is her mother or manage and has to take more responsibilty than any other CEO of a company.

• abby says:

Actually if the CEO of Interscope records told Lady Gaga to take someone out on tour with her and they did what Scarlett did during one of her shows then you get bet they would be apologizing to her not telling her it was her fault. She doesn’t have to take more responsibility just the normal amount someone in her position would.

• MA says:

I think the reason Rayna seems to bear more responsibility is that in this case she’s not just the CEO of the record label. Her relationship with Scarlett goes much deeper than that. Rayna is Scarlett’s boss, yes, but she also has a very maternal relationship with her. Plus, Scarlett is Deacon’s niece and therefore, in many ways, might as well be one of Rayna’s own daughters. That’s not to say any of this is Rayna’s fault. It’s not at all. But she’s definitely going to be much more involved and invested than some random label head. She already is. She’s talked to Scarlett, encouraged her, supported her, fired Liam, let Scarlett record with Avery, etc. Rayna has been very concerned about and attentive to Scarlett’s well being and needs. I think she just had no idea how crazy Scarlett’s mother was or what was going on during that show. Also, Rayna was preoccupied with the thing with Maddie while all that stuff was going on with Scarlett. She didn’t have the attention to give for that moment and then it all went to hell. That’s not Rayna’s fault; it’s just life sometimes.

• Claire says:

(on that note, I only think Rayna is “blaming” Juliette because she needs to blow off steam, since she gets all the blame from Deacon and Beverly.I don’t think she actually thinks Juleitte is responsible

• JJ says:

I do see how Rayna would have more responsibility. She is practically Scarlett’s aunt, and her daughter is Scarlett’s cousin which makes her family. Also in response to MA, I would think that Rayna does have an idea of what Beverly is like. You don’t live with someone for 11 years and not know what their sister is like. Clearly Beverly has an opinion on Rayna since she made that comment about how she’s always had Deacon wrapped around her little finger. Even if Rayna doesn’t know the extent of it, she’d have to know at least a little bit.

• MA says:

Rayna could only know as much as Deacon, though, and likely she’d know less. So if Deacon is blaming Rayna for this and not Beverly or he’s at all surprised by how Scarlett has reacted to her mother, that will explain Rayna’s lack of knowledge. I don’t know how Deacon could be so clueless, unless Scarlett really never told anyone; children of abusive parents do become really good at keeping secrets. But in that case, Rayna would have absolutely no clue. It’ll be interesting to see how Deacon responds and what Scarlett ends up telling people. Scarlett herself clearly doesn’t blame Rayna for anything, and in those pictures, it looks like Rayna is someone Scarlett really trusts. So I’m hoping that Deacon’s “blaming Rayna” won’t last very long. I can see him lashing out initially, especially since he’s already expressed concern about how Rayna was pushing Scarlett. But I don’t really think Rayna’s done anything to warrant any blame. Neither has Juliette, frankly. The only person anyone should be wagging fingers at is Beverly, but maybe no one really knows how awful she is to Scarlett. That seems farfetched, but I guess it’s possible.

• nashvillefan says:

Actually, Rayna did see Scarlette have a meltdown in Tampa. Avery was working with Scarlette, and they talked about her mother and her mistreatment of Scarlette. Juliette at one point told Avery that she thought Scarlette may be on drugs or drinking, and Avery said Scarlette doesn’t do drugs. Rayna should have had some type of manager on that tour, even though she doesn’t seem to have enough money. Juliette put $500,000.00 of her own money on the tour. I still wonder why Juliette ever signed with Rayna, she had to know Rayna has never respected her. To me it seems Rayna never takes responsibility for anything. I don’t think Avery has ever told Juliette he loved her. I don’t know why all of a sudden people seem to take his advice on everything. Will Rayna ever tell Scarlette that she fired Liam and told him to “break Scarlette’s heart right away”? Likely Avery will be back with Scarlette. He doesn’t have enough of the same ambition to be with someone like Juliette, who has worked her way to stardom since she was 12 years old. Lastly, Juliette was attempting to get her tour to be successful, was she supposed to be a babysitter for Scarlette? If Scarlette had told Juliette what really happened with her mother, I think Juliette would have either confronted the mother, or found a replacement for Scarlette. At least now Scarlette will get the help she needs, hopefully with a professional. Rayna has enough problems of her own.

• MA says:

Scarlett didn’t have a meltdown in Tampa. She got flustered by technical issues and had a bit of stage fright, but Rayna calmed her down, gave her a pep talk, and she went out the next night and did great. She wasn’t on drugs then either, though, and she wasn’t drinking heavily, and she didn’t have her crazy mother pinching and threatening her. And she had her comfy pillow. Maybe this is really all Deacon’s fault because he didn’t bring her the pillow for this new tour? He was too preoccupied with his cheating girlfriend and daughter troubles to care about Scarlett, I guess. ;)

• Lee says:

The label didn’t pick Scarlett for Juliette. Scarlett was only on Juliette’s tour because she wanted to work with Avery on her album and he was only “allowed” to do that if they both went on Juliette’s tour.

4. Back in the day, there were no online classes, but with advancement of the Internet, today you can download acoustic guitar lessons online and start
    learning.  Make confident your milk and beef are grass fed.
    Macpherson Nottingham in the United Kingdom opened a sales company of textile machinery and accessories – Geoffrey E.

5. wrstlgirl says:

When is Nashville on again…..April 30th…../ These breaks are ridiculous.

• Shannon says:

There’s a new episode on next week, April 23rd but it’s more of a concert.

Nashville: On the Record: Members of the cast perform fan-favorite songs; songwriters discuss their process and the music in the show.

• Mary says:

I agree, and they wonder why it doesn’t get new viewers. If renew, which I hope it is, they need to work on the schedule. Meltdown happened on the 2nd and know we have to wait until the 3oth, unreal. It is Scarlett fault for the breakdown, never dealt with what happen during her childhood. The others should of seen the warning signs, but it was ultimately her decision to go on tour.

6. Kayla says:

Clare Bowen has done a great job with this storyline, but it’s so hard to watch. I want Scarlett to succeed soooo badly but she’s had to handle a lot of hard stuff and feel really alone through most of it. Then probably destroyed her career as a performer by having a meltdown onstage.

7. MA says:

Everyone wants to blame someone except the person whose fault this actually is. Yes, Psycho Beverly the Pinchie Meanie Mom, I’m pointing fingers at you! This isn’t Rayna’s or Juliette’s fault. Rayna did everything she could to talk to Scarlett and protect her, and Juliette couldn’t have possibly seen this coming. The only person who is at fault here is Beverly. Here’s hoping Deacon figures that out very, very quickly.
    ****
    I also think it’s interesting that Rayna is the one comforting Scarlett. Her mother the psycho and her uncle are there, but it’s Rayna who steps in and whom Scarlett seems to be turning to. I think that says a lot. It almost looks like Rayna has physically put herself between Scarlett and Beverly. Can’t tell for sure, but if so, way to go, Rayna!

• Irene ChH says:

Agree. Don’t see how they are all playing the “blaming game” with no mention of the actual culprit, the crazy Beverly. Think they need to watch a replay. No one has any idea of how
      close to the edge Scarlett was. Not even Juliette! She gasped and said “OMG” in the last episode.

Comment by IH April 16, 2014, 7:51 PM

8. MA says:

I’d also like to know how Scarlett ends up in a park in a hospital gown with no shoes or coat. Dang.

• wrstlgirl says:

Clearly shes wandered off from her hospital room. Happens all the time on television, lol. She could just be on the hospital grounds, or maybe a park, hard to say for sure.

• Amy says:

ha, I was thinking the exact same thing! You would think if she’s that far off the deep end, she wouldn’t even be allowed out of her room for fear of hurting herself.

9. cjeffery7 says:

oh my god what kind of crazy sh*t has been happening since i stopped watching this show?! lol

10. L. Sebastian says:

ugh…scarlett is kind of annoying to me…maybe she’ll have to have an extended stay in the hospital and we’ll have a break from her for a couple episodes.

• Whatevah says:

I was just going to say…oh goody another episode alllll about Scarlett *yawn*. This reminds me of when Grey’s Anatomy became alllll about Izzy. This kind of thing makes me hate the character.

11. cherry says:

People have noticed a change in Scarlett, did nothing. She lives with deacon & could have talked to him or Rayna at any time, but instead kept everything bottled up inside of her & took pills. Speaking of pills, Liam is not blameless in this either. It was work all of the time with him. Between Liam, her mother & people not paying attention, no wonder she lost it. Hopefully things get better now.

12. Margie says:

Thank you for finally saying it, I kept waiting for someone to. While all the blame is being passed around, I think a big part does go back to Liam who seemed very happy to get her hooked on drugs and sleep with her. And several people commented at times about how strange she acted, but no one questioned her about drugs or where she got them. As far as I’m concerned, Liam gets to stand first in line for the blame.

13. After the third wave has been completed the air support armory will be available.
    Actually, getting this done is easier than
    we think. That Activision is working on a new
    Call of Duty title to be released in November of 2011 shouldn’t be a surprise.

14. Ahaa, its nice dialogue on tthe topic of this paragraph here
    at this web site, I have read all that, so at this time me
    also commenting at this place.

15. Gemma says:

I think that what you said made a great deal of sense.
    But, consider this, suppos you composed a catchier title? I mean, I don’t
    want to tell you how to run your blog, but what if you added something that makes people desire more?
    I mean [PHOTOS] Nashville Season 2 Spoilers – Scarlett Is Taken to
    a Mental Hospital – TVLine is kinda boring. You ought to
    peek at Yahoo’s front page and see how they create article
    headlines to get viewers to open the links.
    You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get readers interested about everything’ve written.
    Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little bit more interesting.

16. DIY pergola plans give you just the blueprint to build a
    pergola, so you need to choose in advance which
    materials you are going to use and which tools you need for the construction.
    Aside from leather bags, there are also camera cases comprised of leather.

Curve panel lofting begins with a grid, drawn with vertical lines using a carpenter’s square.

17. Janie says:

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I get in fact enjoyed
    account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds or even I success
    you get right of entry to constantly rapidly.

18. What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads.
    I hope to contribute & aid other users like its helped me.
    Good job.

19. Such options usually include lunchmeat sandwiched between two slices of bread that
    is similar to cardboard or microwavable noodles that are more rubbery than
    a bouncy ball. Wheat flour is produced from the wheat and it has a high nutritive value.
    Chick-fil-A also offers a gluten free yogurt
    parfait or an Ice Dream Cup to round out your fast food meal.

20. At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming again to read other news.

21. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what
    all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like
    yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100%
    sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks

22. I’ve read a few just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how so much attempt you put to create this kibd of
    excellent informative site.

23. Giuseppe says:

When you printing services want to use metallic ink.
    Printers too with streamlined, state-of-the-art workflow production supplies wider
    printing services that they can share it with their friends and families.
    There is a huge amount of possibility that your business or company as a whole.

However, you can’t afford shabby, poorly designed, or cheaply done business card printing services is the best way to
    ensure your satisfaction. If the printer software on your computer or on anther computer?

24. Kart Racing is available as a single player or multiplayer
    activity. Reaction has been swift to yesterday’s report that EA was giving up on its quest to acquire
    Grand Theft Auto publisher Take-Two Interactive.
    This will mean no loss to you if you are dissatisfied with the package you chose.

25. I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, but I by
    no means found any interesting article like yours. It is lovely price sufficient
    for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the net might be a lot more helpful
    than ever before.

26. sepatu says:

Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re
    utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different
    internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a fair price?
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

27. Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working
    with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m
    having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most
    blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

28. With its precision cutouts, the Nu – Guard KX allows for full access to all the i – Phone’s ports
    and buttons. Looking for top of the line protection for your i – Phone.
    Think you know everything about Verizon iphone 4,
    iphone 4S or iphone 5.

29. If they usually take a nap around 10 AM, start
    putting them down for their nap around 9:30, that way they are not
    too tired, but they are tired enough to fall asleep.
    Children who receive the ideal amount of rest are more
    happy and also have sharper minds. An e-mail alert will be sent to you,
    if the above techniques to get them back to sleep won’t work.

30. Beauty Labs says:

Hello, after reading this amazing paragraph i am also cheerful to
    share my experience here with mates.

31. Foto professionali, creatività, espressione artistica
    delle vkstre emozioni; sono tutte carattteristiche che rendono il nostro lavoro unico e di qualità.