S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars

All Hill is about to break loose in the April 29  Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and here’s your first look at the return of a familiar face.

As TVLine first reported, Cobie Smulders will be back in action as Agent Maria Hill in the episode, and now we have a preview of her desperate, post-Captain America: The Winter Soldier efforts during the hour (ABC, 8/7c).

RELATED | S.H.I.E.L.D. Bosses Talk Coulson’s Crisis, Ward’s Dark Side and Landing in the Military’s Crosshairs

Per the official episode description, with no one left to trust, Agent Hill teams up with Coulson — and shares a much-needed hug with him — as S.H.I.E.L.D. is destroyed around them.

As an added bonus, we’ve got a handful of photos from the April 22 hour, in which Clark Gregg’s Much Ado About Nothing niece co-star Amy Acker (Person of Interest, Dollhouse) guest-stars as Audrey, the cellist Agent Coulson was dating when he “died.” This time, she’s the one in danger as he races to save her life.

Check out the photo gallery and then head to the comments with your thoughts/theories on what’s ahead for the team.

1. Roger says:

Woot! Cobie and Amy. The Joss Whedon feels!

2. wordsmith says:

That last photo definitely has me worried…

3. Spoiler Junkie says:

Root, what are you doing? Wasting your time playing musical instruments. Didn’t the Machine put you in charge of the Relevant numbers? Go back to work, eliminate threats and flirt some more with Shaw. ;) :)

4. Annie-Claude says:

Now that HIMYM is over, could Cobie become a regular on AoS? That would be so cool.

• JLK says:

I’d think she’ll be one to pop in and out rather than be a regular. With her hubby in NY, it would be really hard for her to put in the 16 hour days on an hour-long drama unless it’s actually shot in NY.

• Cesar88 says:

Considering there are like 30 shows shooting in New York (including the Netfilx Marvel ones) she should have not problem finding work next season.

• JLK says:

Exactly. That’s another reason I doubt that she would take a regular gig on AoS, even though I would love to see Maria Hill working with Coulson every week.

• How I met your mother was filmed in Los Angeles. So I don’t get why it would be harder than that to be in a show….

• JLK says:

Two reasons: 1) Sitcoms only have 30 minutes to fill every week, so the shooting schedule is lighter. HIMYM may have been more ambitious than most and spent more time at work than many, but it’s still less intensive. 2) Her daughter is now 3 or 4 and needs more stability. She’s probably in preschool somewhere, so it’s not as easy for her to bounce from coast to coast with Mommy as it was in years past. They need to pick a coast. Unless Taran decides to leave SNL at the end of the season and move to LA (and I’d be surprised if he did), I think she’s going to be looking to stay in NY as much as possible for awhile.

5. Christina says:

Ugh. Simmmons and Triplett.
    Love Cobie though!

6. Ms Thing says:

Yay! ABC should dole out the money and hire Maria Hill as a regular. They can kill the boring character of skye who doesn’t add anything to the show.

• gdv says:

Agreed. I’d love to see Cobie as a series regular. It would definitely bring the show up a notch. I’d also love to see the guy who played Falcon in CA: Winter Solider on the show.

• Greg says:

I think it would behoove one to not try and “catagorize” Ms. Skye as one who “doesn’t add anything to the show! I’m willing to bet there’s a whole lot more to her then meets the eye!

7. Trenton says:

I am really enjoying the twist with agent ward provided he is g

8. Trenton says:

I am excited about how they define Agent Wars prion he is gone or always was dark side. I think the most interesting way is if he wasn’t the middle brother but the older one. The sadistic bully. I can’t square how someone who hates bullies if he is the middle brother could be this bad. Doesn’t jive with his character. Maybe it’s a long con, but don’t see at all how. Still this is the dynamic storytelling you get from whedonverse. His shows grow characters get more awesome… If Ward is like this for real not a con I think it means his only redemption comes with his death.

• I have to say, that episode when they had his flashback, I actually thought he was the bully. It would work also, like he wanted to be different of whom he was.So, now that they revealed his true colors, we can probably agree it’s the case.

9. Red Balloon Ted says:

Very nice to see CS as Maria Hill back on the TV screen so soon after HIMYM. In some of those photos from the April 29th episode, without the short haircut and extra super hero-like makeup, CS looks very much like Robin. That’s pretty cool.

“Per the official episode description, with no one left to trust, Agent Hill teams up with Coulson”. At least now we know where and with whom Robin spent all that time away from the gang and Ted & Barney during the HIMYM final episode. It wasn’t with Don, Kevin or Nick – it was with Coulson. ;) I think Barney could live with that – he’d find Coulson to be awesome.

Will be watching AoS on April 29th – can’t miss it.

10. andy j says:

Hopefully they can find a way to write in Robin Sparkles.

11. greysfan says:

Its great to see Colbie back and the machine has sent Root to help lol. Lets hope they can figure out Ward needs to be put down asap. Really never liked the character and now i think he should be the casualty. The series is really growing now.

12. Wow did Maria Hill’s hair grow from the end of Cap2 and these photo’s. #AgentsofSHIELD

13. Joey Padron says:

Happy to see Maria Hill and Coulson together again. Excited to see episode next week!

14. Gee says:

Yay Amy Acker and Clark Gregg being together again! But does the cellist have any scenes with Deathlok? Amy and J August Richards together again would also be pretty sweet!

Re: Simmons and Triplett. Brainy white girl with tough black guy? Hmm….Gemma must be careful and not breathe in that mummy dust!

15. Azerty says:

Now I understand why “Robin” and Barney didn’t work out, everytime she was abroad for “journalism” or even when she was missing every big moment of the gang, she was actually undercoverd for a SHIELD mission. It makes sense.

16. tONY says:

Its reported and confirmed TONY STARK WILL TAKE OVER SHIELD!

17. RyanG says:

Cobie is so pretty. Her pics are just absolutely striking.

Plus, I hope that other Shield agent (the black actor, sorry don’t know his name on the show or in real life) is one I really like as a character.

18. Keith says:

Get rid of that ponytail or tie it back like you did in the movie please. Maria Hill has a very pronounced ‘boys’ haircut’.

19. Bonnebelle1 says:

Has anyone else (older) out there noticed how much Agent Hill looks like 70’s Super Model Carol Alt??