TV Land Orders Sutton Foster Comedy Younger

TV Land Younger Series OrderSutton Foster is headed back to TV — and keeping it youthful.

TV Land has given a 12-episode order to Younger, a single-camera comedy starring the Bunheads actress.

RELATED | Exclusive: Chris Colfer Books Hot Sitcom Gig

The series — written and executive-produced by Darren Starr (Sex and the City, Melrose Place) — follows Liza (Foster), a single mother in her early 40s whose stalled publishing career is revitalized when she lies and passes herself off as a 20-something.

The cast also includes Debi Mazar (Entourage) as Liza’s best friend Maggie, Miriam Shor (The Good Wife, GCB) as her temperamental boss Diana and Hilary Duff (Gossip Girl, Lizzie McGuire) as Liza’s new co-worker.

Younger will shoot in New York for a fall 2014 premiere.

1. Eric says:

Is this TV Land’s first original single cam? Either way, I’m tuning in for a few eps at least. Sutton is great, and I grew up watching Lizzie McGuire so seeing Hilary Duff make her first major return to television in a series regular role is kind of cool.

2. LE says:

I think this is the first TV Land series I want to watch! The cast is great, Sutton is the best (R.I.P. Bunheads), and Hilary first big tv role since Lizzie Mcguire <3 and Miriam Shor was the best on GCB. Can't wait!!

3. LK says:

YAY! I love Sutton Foster, and was so disappointed when Bunheads was cancelled.

4. Christy says:

I love the cast, so I’ll definitely give it a shot.

5. Sam says:

Has Hilary Duff’s career falling so much, that she’s barely an afterthought in a writeup for a pilot on TVLand?

• dude says:

Yes, pretty much. Didn’t think when she was the Disney goldenchild that she’d be a secondary character in a TV Land comedy, not long after.

• steven says:

What’s wrong with that? At least she’ll be on a show again.

• Hannah says:

Lizzie McGuire was a million years ago, and she hasn’t been singing in what, 10 years? Let’s not pretend she’s some talented snowflake. She’s lucky she got this jig, kudos to her agent.

6. gdv says:

I still can’t believe they canceled Bunheads. Sigh.

7. Michael says:

That’s cool that someone finally hired Hilary Duff again. All t no shade.

8. wenraz says:

I can leave or take Hilary, but I’m excited to see Sutton Foster again. I’m still mourning Bunheads. The show at this point seems beneath her considerable talents, but I’ll give it a try.

9. Heathers says:

I like all of the actresses. I loved Sutton on Bunheads, and Miriam Shor on Swingtown. I’ll be watching.

10. Essie says:

Hilary hasn’t been doing much acting because she had a kid. Now she’s ready to get back into it and also starting her singing career again. I’m happy she got this part, i’m really excited to see her on tv again!

11. S. says:

Love Sutton Foster. Definitely watching this. Eventually enough people will appreciate her awesomeness. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later, and I wish it had happened on Bunheads. Break a leg, Sutton!

12. Audrey says:

Interesting premise, and I love Sutton Foster, but I think this show is doomed :( Wasn’t Sutton supposed to do a musical or something with AS-P after Bunheads was canceled?