Resurrection Sneak Peek: Who Wants Pregnant Rachael to Go Back to Where She Came From?

Pregnant Rachael’s Resurrection isn’t receiving the warmest welcome, in this exclusive sneak peek from Sunday’s episode (ABC, 9/8c).

In the video clip below, Pastor Tom’s “dead’ fiancée gets a visit from someone who has some very clear thoughts about what Rachael’s return is doing to the local clergyman. Nor does this unwelcome visitor have kind words for the baby Rachael is carrying!

Elsewhere in the coming episode, Maggie turns to a man from her past (played by Men in Trees‘ James Tupper), and Pastor Tom himself works with Bellamy try to reassure Arcadians they have nothing to fear from the returned.

Press play, then discuss: If your friend’s dead ex-fiancée returned from the grave, nubile and spry and expecting, would you show her some kindness, or git her onto the next bus outta town?

Loading video...

1. Jimmy says:

Veronica Cartwright seems to have made a career out of playing crazy or overly critical religious know-it-alls.

2. Britt says:

Is she going to have a zombie baby. That might be interesting

3. tv2day says:

I’m losing interest in this show. I kind of like Believe though. I dvr both but find myself starting to hit ffwd when watching resurrection.

4. Coal says:

The concept is good, but I don’t really know what it is about this show that hasn’t really grabbed me. Also I won’t watch The Returned, cause I don’t like subtitles.

• David4 says:

Some other USA channel is making an English version of The Returned.

• lechatnoir says:

The problem with this show is that they applied the bland US formula to a French show that was perfect by design. They could have used a similar narrative , it would have worked .

They have too many players I have no interest in. This preggers returnee is just demanding screen time and has little to offer . I found her dull in other shows , this is not different .

I want to like the US version and IMO the only good actor on there is the mommy of the little boy. she is blows the others out of the water.

5. Francine says:

I’m really enjoying this show. I think its the cast I enjoy so much. Although Im not feeling any connection to Rachel at all.

6. Pat says:

I like this show. It keeps bringing me back each week, to find out what is going on and who possibly will show up next. Poor Rachel, is that why she committed suicide because she was pregnant? She was engaged to Tom and if it was his baby, I do not see why she would have killed herself, unless it wasn’t his baby??? I guess because this show is so far-fetched, that is why I enjoy watching it.

7. herman1959 says:

I have enjoyed this show since it premiered and, unlike some others, found nothing to criticize until now. I did not like the Rachael character when she first appeared and finding out now that she is pregnant hasn’t changed anything. I just don’t feel much for Tom so I can’t feel much about how Rachael’s pregnancy will impact him; I felt like the screen time was wasted on them.
    The weakest part of last week’s episode was the pregnancy reveal, but then it bounced back when Caleb became ill and disappeared into thin air. That was great, and the question of why the returnees are here and how long they will stay should be pursued. Focusing on the pregnancy is taking the air out of the show, so yes, put Rachel on the next bus.

8. Marcie says:

Yes, I’m dying to know why they are all coming back. To me, it is interesting that Rachel is pregnant because Christians believe when they are resurrected, they return in the very same body they had on Earth. Note how Jacob’s clothing has the same tags and Caleb has the note from his daughter. Now Rachel returns pregnant. However, I do NOT understand, if this theory is true, why Jacob’s remains were in his coffin.

9. Sheldon W. says:

Rachael is the least interesting character on a rapidly-devolving-into-boring show. The longer she’s around, the less inclined I’ll be to follow the series.

10. Fido says:

Kathleen Munroe joins Resurrections, I guess I’m going to have to start watching again. :)