Did NBC Spoil Parks Surprise? Is Thrones Recast a Mismatch? Sketchy Scandal Sex? And More Qs

Colin Jost SNL Weekend UpdateWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Grimm, Saturday Night Live, Game of Thrones and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

1 | A few Grimm queries: How did we get to Season 3 without really knowing how Wesen spot Grimms? Is Sean Renard really the father of Adalind’s baby – or just the only candidate left alive? And Juliette was kidding when she called Rosalie’s wedding dress “stunning,” wasn’t she?

2 | Did you catch Hannibal‘s “census taker” reference last Friday? And how mentally damaged do you think Miriam Lass has to be for our titular serial killer to have essentially freed her after two years of captivity? (Badly enough that she won’t yell, “Hannibal did this!,” right?) Also: If your dinner party host was serving enough “heart tartare” to feed 40, wouldn’t you kinda sorta possibly suspect him of being a psychopath?

3 | How soon is too soon to declare Colin Jost a disappointment as co-anchor of Saturday Night Live‘s “Weekend Update”?

4 | How did it not occur to Revenge‘s Mason that he could spend the rest of his life behind bars if Emily’s vendetta got her killed before she sprang him? Also on the subject of “Huh?”: How confounding was it that the death of Mason, a man she barely knew, is what pushed Stevie off the wagon? And was the temporary-death-via-poisonous-Japanese-herb plot ludicrous even by this soap’s standards?

RELATED | Game of Thrones Renewed for Seasons 5 and 6

Game of Thrones5 | If the folks at Game of Thrones had to recast the role of Daario Naharis, are we asking too much for the character to have the same general look from season to season?

6 | Is Shameless‘ crazypants Lip/Amanda story growing on anyone else?

7 | Hey, Once Upon a Time‘s Henry: “Kilian” lets slip an inexplicable age discrepancy between him and your father, and you let the oddly dressed stranger shrug it off? #SaveHenrysBrain

RELATED | Shameless Boss on the Finale’s Surprise Twist, Frank’s Fate and Laughing It Up at the Emmys

8 | Isn’t it hard to believe that a tech-savvy kid like The Following‘s Mandy – heck, any kid these days – would know better than to leave the browser history on Joe’s computer uncleared?

9 | Did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Victoria Hand foil you with her “Hail Hydra” test? Also, something we wondered as we watched the TV show’s “news coverage” of the helicarrier crash (aka Captain America: Winter Solider clips): Has ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. ever glimpsed one of the films’ superhero actors (e.g. Chris Evans or Scarlett Johannson, not a CGI’d Hulk)? Or are they not allowed to?

10 | On Glee, was anyone else completely appalled by Mercedes throwing an entire faux-fur coat into the East River? And whatever happened to the onlooker who grilled Sam for throwing in a handful of coins — surely Mercedes’ crime was much worse, no?

PHOTOS | Glee Sneak Peek: Opening Night for Rachel — Why the Worried Face?

Inside AmySchumer11 | True or False? This faux headline on Inside Amy Schumer was the funniest text-based zinger on TV this week.

12 | How awesome was it to see Parenthood‘s Crosby (and baby Aida!) at Will’s poker game on About a Boy? And why couldn’t we have heard more about the Bravermans?

13 | Anyone else surprised by how often, unassuming (and narratively effective) Chicago P.D. and Chicago Fire have crossed over already?

14 | Justified‘s Daryl should let Raylan be the one to kill him, huh? And how funny were Raylan’s repeated “cocoa” references while talking to Kendall about doing hard time for an adult crime?

15 | Demented as he is, would Law & Order: SVU’s William really have taken the time to elaborately string up the Bellevue nurse if he was working with a narrow escape window? Also: If Donal Logue is now the interim SVU boss, does that mean New York City is Gotham..?!

RELATED | Law & Order: SVU Post Mortem: EP Talks William’s Dark Twist and Olivia’s Hopeful Future

16 | Can David Cook please please please take over as American Idol‘s in-house mentor for the rest of Season 13? Also: There were wayyy too many shots of Randy Jackson limply following around the Season 7 champ backstage to be accidental, no?

17 | How much is Comedy Central now wishing they hadn’t lost John Oliver to HBO?

18 | Parks and Recreation‘s Adam Scott: One of TV’sParks and Recreation best drunks? And while we’re handing out superlatives, was this pregnancy test the show’s best callback ever? (As first seen in the Season 5 finale.) Yet after a month of great, surprise plot twists, don’t you wish NBC hadn’t basically given away [spoiler]‘s pregnancy in the promos? (The same way Peacock promos have telegraphed Shaw’s Chuck return, a big Awake twist, Hannibal‘s season-opening flash-forward…. Oh, we could go on.)

19 | On Scandal, was the timing of Quinn and Huck’s parking garage hook-up a bit suspect? Could one of them been angling to allow Mama Pope access to OPA? Taking it a step further, could it be that Maya actually had no hand in Rowan’s attack?

20 | Are we the only ones who internally groan whenever Kripke shows up on The Big Bang Theory?

1. Alia says:

You know what? I actually really like Colin Jost.

2. Karen MT says:

#18, I’m not sure if it’s NBC Universal or networks in general. It just makes me think of the 200th ep of SG1. “Wow, I don’t think anyone will see that coming.” “No, but there’ll be spoilers.” “Are you kidding? It’ll be in the commercial.” Sure enough…

• Alienate says:

NBC spoils everything it touches, including it’s Olympics coverage to The Voice. EVERY STEAL on The Voice was given away by Carson “Big Mouth” Daily before the fact. Thanks!

3. jenferner8 says:

That Big Bang Theory guy has got to go, now! Both he and that lisp have well overstayed their welcome, and I’m not even a regular viewer. I will say this, I loved this episode because Howard finally got a taste of his own medicine. I hate the way he rips on Raj all the f**king time, it’s one of my biggest complaints about the show. I also loved that Sheldon got drunk again, next time he needs to dump Amy.

4. 6. I’m not going to lie, I kind of love Lip & Amanda together, a lot more than I ever like him with Mandy. He never seem as interested in Mandy as Mandy was in him. With that being said. the scene between him & Mandy in the diner was…wow. Such a great show.

5. S. says:

Geez Colin Jost is fine. We barely know the guy, he’s growing into it, and I like him more each week. If John Mulaney hadn’t left to do his own show, I’d be all for him taking over post-Seth, but Colin’s doing a nice job. So much irrational snark about him, or just flat out nastiness. He’s done nothing to deserve that. Surely the jokes are supposed to be the star anyway and he was co-head writer when Seth was anchoring so it’s not like you didn’t hear his stuff before. It just came out of someone else’s mouth. There are things to hate on SNL for that they deserve, but Colin’s not one of them.

6. FreeRyde says:

Original Daario Naharis was too pretty.
    I nicknamed him Fabio.

7. FreeRyde says:

I laugh harder at Kripke and the comic book guy than some of the other scenes.

• DB says:

Love Stuart! He needs more time and they could give Raj some happiness now and again. And maybe Amy, somewhere along the lines she became a horny chick with a girl crush on Penny. Poor girl is frustrated!

8. Kim says:

20) no, it’s not just you, every time Kripke shows up I know I’m not going to enjoy the episode, I don’t know why the show keeps using him.

9. Elyse says:

I like the new Daario but I have to agree the recast might be a bit confusing if you didn’t read the book or sites like this!

I was surprised this week on PD when an ambulance pulled up to one of the scenes and Shay and Dawson didn’t pop out!

Pregnancy definitely crossed my mind when I watched the previews. I had been wondering when they would have a baby!

10. Lisa Benwitz says:

I am very hopeful about the casting of Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis on GoT. He had a run on “Nashville,” and his character on that show had a lazy, cocky kind of sexuality that was pretty irresistible. I was a little disappointed that he showed none of it in this past episode, but I’m hoping he’ll settle into the role and he will show more chemistry with Emilia Clarke. I too was hoping for at least a blue beard or some blue streaks in his hair–HBO hasn’t “dumbed down” any characters so far, in my opinion, so it doesn’t make sense to me that they thought the non-book-readers wouldn’t be able to handle a little blue hair–I would be very interested to see what the DB and David have to say about this choice (hint hint, TVLine!)

11. JM says:

2) I agree that I would be suspicious of anyone who eats and serves as many organs as Hannibal does!
    7) Yes, so far this ‘new’ Henry has been dumb-downed, back-burnered and personality-lobotomized. I guess that’s one way to handle a bad actor…
    8) IDK, Mandy was in a tough spot, having killed her mother and all, she really had no place to go. Pity her, however, I do not.
    13) The shows are very realistic this way, and I love it.
    14) Justified is one of the best shows on TV (along with Hannibal), it always takes unexpectant turns (and Darryl’s death was one of them). However, I must say that I did find the finale a bit of a let-down.
    16) Yes, hire DC stat!

12. csr says:

I wouldn’t mind the GOT recasting if I felt like the new guy had a dark side and could be a soldier.

13. LaPiquante says:

Re: Game of Thrones Daario recasting, sure, the looks are different, but this new guy is also lacking that sex-on-a-stick, cocksure swagger that the last guy had. The first Daario was a lothario; this one is a hipster. Maybe it could be fixed with more shots of him watching her, but I think it might be just the performance choices. I don’t like it, either.

14. Emily says:

Why is it that none of the kids in Crisis are dressed to build houses? Shouldn’t we be seeing a lot more old t-shirts and a lot fewer short skirts and heels (looking at you, Amber)?

15. Ella says:

#5 THIS. I hate that they recast because I loved the original actor (hubba hubba) but could they not have at least given the new guy a similar look?! It was jarring.

16. sarah says:

14) I think the crossovers are working great! The main one that will not end anytime soon with me Erin and Severide’s inevitable relationship.

17. pole dance says:

I loved ass much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering
    the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again sinde exactly
    tthe same nearly very often inside case you shioeld this increase.