Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Damon, Stefan and Caroline Make a Grim Discovery

We can’t see what Damon, Stefan and Caroline are looking at in this shot from The Vampire DiariesMay 1 episode, but judging by their faces, it can’t be very good.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Bonnie Confronts Jeremy, Markos Drops a Bomb and More

Perhaps we should look to the episode’s official description for clues?

A CABIN IN THE WOODS — When Tyler turns up at the Salvatore house with the news that Markos’ plan to break the witches’ curse puts Stefan and Elena in imminent danger, Damon suggests they hide out in the remote cabin once owned by Caroline’s father. Once there, it becomes obvious to Caroline that Stefan and Elena are keeping a secret, so Damon comes up with a parlor game designed to expose the truth. A ghostly presence at the cabin uses violence and fire to make itself known. Meanwhile, Matt takes charge of Tyler’s plan to get information from one of the Travelers, and Bonnie continues to keep the truth about the Other Side from Jeremy, despite warnings from Grams.

OK, no dice. But now I’m curious about Stefan and Elena’s “secret.” What could they possibly be keeping from Damon?

Browse new pics from the May 1 episode, “What Lies Beneath,” below. Then drop a comment with your thoughts: What are Stefan and Elena hiding?

_

1. nate says:

Grams is back?!?! i always loved her

2. Robert says:

It sounds like Bonnie still haven’t learned her lessons on going against the other side. I sadly fear they are writing her into a corner where there is no escape, which translates to her character eventual permanent demise.

3. Anne says:

What are they looking at? Probably the script for the episode and realizing that nope, the love triangle isn’t over and Damon-Elena-Stefan will continue to be a thing this show resorts to. At least I assume that’s why they are making those shocked/horrified faces.

4. Riana says:

Are we going to meet Caroline’s dad’s boyfriend in this episode?

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Yay Grams! I’m always happy when she pops in for a visit.

6. J says:

sneak “peak”?

• L says:

Ugh, I know, right? It’s like using apostrophes for plurals and “must of,” “could of” instead of the appropriate contractions “must’ve,” “could’ve,” etc. So ubiquitous now that people don’t realize it’s wrong.

• sls says:

^ = peak … QQ = peek (sorry I don’t know the best way to type eyes lol) anyway…I think that’s the point?

7. Dr. L says:

Once again, the fifth season lacks of direction or purpose. Spending a week in a cabin has always been a filler episode in any tv show. They need those Originals writers lol.

8. Cassandra says:

Please let me start by speaking my mind, to me the heroine is Bonnie and not Elena. In season one when Bonnie adviced Elena to stay away from Stephan she didn’t listen but went ahead with the relationship which took Vicky’s life, Jenna’s life even Bonnie’s Gram’s died, as if that was just a piece the iceburg, tyler’s father went and his mum later followed, Caroline’s dad went, maybe soon her mother will go too, Bonnie’s mother who she hadn’t seen in years, finally reuniting with her, she is turned into a vampire to save Elena, then Bonnie’s dad is killed by that useless Silas, for what reason? Elena wants to protect what is hers by all means even at the expense of another person’s life, she guards her brother more than a hen would protect her chick and yet Bonnie has sacrificed every living member of her family including herself when she tried to make that good for nothing Jeremy to live and yet all this not looked at. Well i am very happy that Tyler is now free from the bonds of Caroline.

9. Cassandra says:

Please let me start by speaking my mind, to me the heroine is Bonnie and not Elena. In season one when Bonnie adviced Elena to stay away from Stephan she didn’t listen but went ahead with the relationship which took Vicky’s life, Jenna’s life even Bonnie’s Gram’s died, as if that was just a piece of the iceburg, tyler’s father went and his mum later followed, Caroline’s dad went, maybe soon her mother will go too, Bonnie’s mother who she hadn’t seen in years, finally reuniting with her, she is turned into a vampire to save Elena, then Bonnie’s dad is killed by that useless Silas, for what reason? Elena wants to protect what is hers by all means even at the expense of another person’s life, she guards her brother more than a hen would protect her chick and yet Bonnie has sacrificed every living member of her family including herself when she tried to make that good for nothing Jeremy to live and yet all this not looked at. Well i am very happy that Tyler is now free from the bonds of Caroline.

10. kathy says:

I MORE THAN AGREE WITH YOU CASSANDRA I was going to say the same thing too, the reason why caroline is even able to walk outside is because of bonnie who made her the daylight ring. just hope they don’t kill bonnie since they already are using her in the corner even enzo and matt gets more screen time by the main character bonnie and now the producers and directors are giving out huge spoilers that characters we love very much will die without them coming back dying for good. see the connection. this basically became the damon / delena show with few points of Stefan, caroline, liz, and jeremy

11. JM says:

Sorry, but I think it’s absurd to think that Bonnie is the center of the show. The show has always been about Elena Gilbert at the center of a love triangle with Damon and Stefan. All the other characters are supporting characters, with, of course, their own back stories and sub-plots. I’ve always felt the show had the most brilliant plot twists, courtesy of an excellent writing staff, but lately it seems to have lost its way a bit. The Augustine thing fell flat for me, the Enzo character is beyond vile and they are taking too long to develop this Travelers’ mystery in my opinion.

12. Tiffany says:

I think cassandra is right. Bonnie has sacrificed everything and killing her character doesn’t make any sense.i wil prefer to see luke or liz die dan any of these major characters.