The Mentalist Sneak Peek: Hmm, What (or Who) Made Lisbon Late to a Crime Scene...?

Teresa Lisbon is atypically late for a very important date… with a crime scene, on this Sunday’s The Mentalist (CBS, 10/9c) — the question is why?

Might it have to do with her first “pancakes” date with new acquaintance Marcus Pike?

RELATED | The Mentalist Scoop: What Does Jane Think of Lisbon’s New Beau?

If you’re curious, rest assured that so is Lisbon’s partner in crimefighting — as seen in this exclusive clip from the episode, in which Jane takes up the cause of a death row inmate who has two days to prove his innocence. John De Lancie (Star Trek: TNG) guest-stars as Jane’s latest foil; get scoop.

Loading video...

1. Gaelle says:

Thank you for the sneak peek! Also, neither of them is fooling anyone, ha.

2. Anna says:

Yay I can’t wait for the episode! Thanks Matt!! ^^

3. Sal says:

We LOVE Mentalist coverage! Thanks a lot Matt!

4. yiyi says:

WE LOVE MENTALIST COVERAGE!!!!!! I’ve watched it for 7293749823749832742 times still can’t stop:) It made my day!!!! Thanks Matt<3

5. Diana says:

We LOVE Mentalist coverage! Thanks, Matt!!

6. Val says:

Thank you for the sneak peek, this is perfect!

Hahaha Jane is so impatiently waiting for Lisbon and she can’t even look at him.

7. Thanks for the SP! This episode is gonna be great!

8. Tea says:

I love The Mentalist coverage more than food. Can always count on you, Matt ;)

9. We like Mentalist coverage!

10. Thanks for the sneak peek and all the other spoilers you give us for Mentalist. Thank you a bunch Matt,

11. MusicSweetly says:

We LOVE Mentalist coverage! Best thing to look forward to before the episode airs :D

12. RED JOHN'S PIGEON says:

WE LIKE THE MENTALIST COVERAGE MORE MORE MORE

ALSO SEASON 7 PLEASE CBS AND WB (OR TNT OR ANYONE WHO LIKES A HUGE WWIDE AUDIENCE)

I LOVE YOU MATTHEW

13. Lynn says:

Lol. Love this sneek peek. Wow! How are these 2 still not together yet!!. So obvious its funny. & Jane “thats great” speech wasn’t fooling anyone…

14. III Frogs says:

Very telling that the scene opens with sad music as Jane watches Lisbon appear. I like the sneak peek, thanks. A bit painful to see. Jane’s putting up a good front over his hurt, very good, needling. Makes me think he’s got a plan going.

15. Andrea says:

We love Mentalist coverage! There i said it! We really do, thanks for the SP again Matt :)

16. Redju11 says:

We like Mentalist coverage !!!! Thank you for the Sneak peek !!

17. Jane’s look broke my heart! But thank you so much for the sneak peek, Matt!

18. Mags says:

Thanks a lot for the sneak peek Matt!! Even more excited for the episode on Sunday!! :)

19. Thank you for the sneak peek! Beyond excited for this episode!

20. Thanks for the sneak peek Matt!!!! love Mentalist coverage, hope we could get more of them XD finally we get to see jealous Jane and Lisbon with high voice again!!!! can’t wait for this episode!!!

21. Colette says:

Thanks for the sneak peek Matt!:)

22. Erin says:

Hmm. I wonder if you all really like Mentalist coverage? ;)

23. Maria says:

Awesome! Thanks for the sneak peek and can’t wait for the episode!

24. VB says:

Thanks for this, Matt! Loved this sneak. And the first person to comment is right, they’re not fooling anyone. Team Jisbon.

25. It looks like it’s going to be a good show. Thank for sharing it Matt.

26. arial2 says:

Wasn’t sure at first, but I like the post-RJ episodes. Hope we will get a little more info on Tiger, Tiger, though; it seemed to still exist after RJ’s death.

27. Loved the sneak peek! I was really getting nervous when everyone was saying that Pike was staying around to the end of the season but now I have hopes that the last episode will offer a big confrontation between Jane and Pike and our little Ms. Lisbon will pick Jane! Those two are so darned cute together it is wonderful to watch. Thank you again!

28. Chiara says:

We LOVE Mentalist coverage! Thanks Matt.!

29. Vanessa says:

Thanks for The Mentalist scoop!

30. Danny says:

Thanks for the sneak peek, Matt! You’re the only one that’s give any sh*t about The Mentalist, I really appreciate that. I’m so torn about this Lisbon/Pike thing, because at the same time I know she deserves it and it might even be good for J/L, it’s uncomfortable to see her with someone but Jane. I ship them since the start, I won’t even deny it.

Hope you bring some good news regarding these two soon, lately the spoilers are just making me more and more apprehensive. Cheers!

31. seriously says:

What is happening in this comment section? I mean, I also like The Mentalist (coverage), but jeez… Well Matt, thanks for giving the people what they want!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

My “fault,” I kinda prodded the MENTALIST fans on Twitter to speak up here, to demonstrate interest in the show/coverage.

32. Erin says:

I wonder if there is still hope for our favorite couple! I currently begging for at least one positive spoiler on Lisbion possibly choosing jane over pike! The possiblity of this being the final season just makes it Ten times worse.