Rush Promo: Tom Ellis Heals the Rich and Twisted in New USA Network Drama

It might not be fair to call Dr. William Rush the Olivia Pope of the medical world, but as you’ll see in this first promo for USA Network’s Rush, the good doc doesn’t shy away from a scandal.

RELATED | Suits Season 4 Casts Family Ties‘ Michael Gross

Rush, which hasn’t been given a premiere date, stars Tom Ellis (Once Upon a Time‘s former Robin Hood) as the titular doctor, an on-call — and highly discrete — practitioner to the rich and infamous. Where there’s a broken penis, he’ll be there. Where there’s an angry girlfriend with suspicious injuries, he’ll be there.

Basically, wherever there’s a fat wad of cash, he’ll be there.

Hit PLAY on the promo below, then drop a comment: Will you be watching Rush?

_

1. shahar says:

So the edgier version of Royal Pains?

2. Et al. says:

I’ve always said USA should experiment with quirky episodic crime and medical shows. Nice to see this refreshing change

• Phil says:

I see what you did there…

Seriously though, I’ve yet to find a USA original that I didn’t like, but this seems like a cross between Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness. I’ll probably give it a shot because of my loyalty to USA, but it doesn’t look all that great. Somehow USA does seem to make some really different and original shows that look totally unoriginal at first glance so you never know.

• Mam says:

Save your time. I have seen the pilot. This is a morally challenged, drug addicted, scummy doctor who will do anything and cover up anything if you have enough cash and he only takes cash. Not Royal Pains, at all. Haven’t we seen enough shows that glorify the use, production, and sale of drugs? If you find that entertaining, so be it. For me, it was one and done.

3. Nan says:

No, I won’t be watching. This looks like Royal Pains, and also I don’t think TV needs yet another medical drama. USA used to be about original programming but doesn’t seem so anymore. They lost me when they screwed over White Collar (6 episodes, really USA?), so I won’t be watching anything else on their network once White Collar is over. But I do wish USA Network luck, cause I believe they are going to need it.

4. bj says:

They cancelled MOB Doctor and Emily Owens for this? I won’t be watching.

5. DavidSask says:

No more doctor shows enough already esp. with this cable outlet!

6. Marcinho11 says:

Will watch it because I like Tom Ellis

7. TexMike says:

I wonder if this show is by the guy who sued USA for stealing his idea that he claimed is the basis for Royal Pains. Pay off maybe?

8. Jan says:

Love, love, Tom Ellis from Miranda. I will watch because of him!

9. alfred rosales says:

saw rush last night and I am hooked, can’t wait till next Thursday