Girl Meets World: Watch Riley Make Trouble for Cory and Topanga in the First Teaser Trailer

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on Cory Matthews, as seen in the first teaser clip from Disney Channel’s upcoming Girl Meets World series.

RELATED | Girl Meets World Family Portrait: First Look at Cory and Topanga’s New Crew

Originally posted to E! Online, the 30-second video finds Cory and Topanga’s daughter Riley — under the influence of shifty BFF Maya — attempting to fly the coop and sneak onto the subway, but as you’ll see, Papa Cory is one step ahead of her.

Seriously, does Riley think she’ll ever be able to pull a fast one on Cory — the man who was awarded a master’s degree in shenanigans from Professor Shawn Hunter? This girl doesn’t stand a chance.

Watch the first official teaser below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the Boy Meets World spin-off.

1. alistaircrane says:

I’m so excited!!!!!

2. MattArmando says:

Actually doesnt look too bad… especially considering DCs latest standards. Can’t wait!

3. Giana says:

Aw, so cute! Can’t wait to watch it!

4. Sara says:

Hope it turns out good…that’s the problem with having expectations, it becomes easy to disappoint

5. rayng says:

waited forever for this.

6. Dj says:

Really excited for the show. But concerned about it since DC makes pretty bad shows.

• Addie says:

Once upon a time, Disney had some pretty awesome shows to be fair. And Good Luck Charlie was pretty good on the occasions that I watched it with my nephews. I have hope!

7. Elyse says:

Cory and Topanga :) <3

8. Aryn says:

Disney has had some great shows…and some stinkers too…Just be happy it finally happened and enjoy the ride :) DC typically only does 3 seasons, 4 if the show is super popular.

9. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

CORY! TOPANGA! *so excited*

10. Joey Padron says:

Teaser trailer looks good. Happy to see Cory and Topanga again! So excited to see show!

11. The teaser doesn’t really “tease”. i’m going to stay optimistic because I really do want the show to succeed.

12. Concerned & Confused says:

What happened to Ben Savage’s nose? It’s very distracting.

• Michelle A says:

OMG…I noticed that too. What happened??

• Sez says:

Looking at old photos it looks (to me, I might be wrong) like it was broken at one point (after the show ended).
        It was crooked slightly to his right and was that way for years (giving people a while to get used to that subtle change) but now looks a bit more bent back to the left.
        I’d wager he had it fixed but not subtly enough (and which weirdly also made it a little pointy).
        It’s extra striking cos it still isn’t symmetrical but looks a bit mirror image-y which is weird to other people seeing it (like when you see yourself on film rather than a mirror image). Does that make sense?
        Whatever, in summation I think it’s the result of surgery to fix a broken nose (cos it changed seemingly twice since the show ended).

13. elmstreetchild says:

It looks cute but I had a little bit of a hard time understanding her at the end.It sounded a little like she just mumbled something then Topanga shows up. Is it just me?

14. Michael says:

Stop teasing us Disney! Give us a premiere date!

15. Kay says:

Way more excited for this than I should be. But it is just me, or does it seem like the teaser was cut kind of strangely?

16. A says:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I am so freaking excited!!!! But I do need some Mr. Feeney in my life

17. Rosa says:

STILL no date set?! wth?!

18. Danielle says:

I hope DC’s standards don’t kill it stone dead before we even get halfway through season one. I’m expecting quite a good premiere though. Does anyone know if we’ll see fan favorites, Shawn, Feeny and Eric?

• Joey Padron says:

Feeny will be in first episode. Shawn and Cory’s parents will be on a holiday episode guessing a Thanksgiving one on show.

19. Delirious says:

“under the influence of shifty BFF Maya” – please tell me I’m not the only one who read something else there, just in front of “BFF”. Of course, my face was like o_ô with a hint of :O

20. marisa says:

i think it is going to be awsome i used to watch boy meets world when i was little and i liked that show so girl meets world is going to be awsome i can’t wait til it starts

21. britt says:

Doesn’t look good. Not even a little bit. I wanted it to have that Boy Meets World charm sooo bad, but knew it was a long shot considering it’s on DC. The trailer makes it look just like every other awful program on the channel. :( :( :( what a bummer. It’s been years since DC has made a decent show. Even Stevens, I miss you!