Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sneak Peek: [Spoiler] -- Yes, [Spoiler] -- Is Out to Kill Agent Garrett

Agent Garrett’s search for Deathlok is about to take a most unexpected detour. And you can thank Captain America: The Winter Soldier for that.

RELATED | How Will ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Cope With the Captain America 2 Twist? ‘We Were In Shock,’ Says Star

As seen this sneak peek from Tuesday’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 8/7c) — the first one to air after the theatrical release of the latest Marvel movie — Garrett (played by Bill Paxton) is speeding through the sky when he spies two bogeys on his tail.

Regardless of whether Garrett is successful in evading the missiles fired at him, the biggest blow is unavoidable: the identity of his attacker.

RELATED | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Whedonverse Alum Amy Acker as Coulson’s [Spoiler]

Safe to say that this is part of the “ripple” effect EP Jed Whedon said TV’s S.H.I.E.L.D. would experience as a result of the Winter Soldier storyline?

1. Here’s to hoping the changes brought about in Captain America will make this show better.

2. JoeTV says:

Seriously, what do I have to do to get Bill Paxton to become a series regular?!?!
    He is easily one of the best parts of the show…

3. kate says:

I really hope he becomes a series regular too if the show gets picked up he is awesome and a good addition to the team. I like that he knows Ward and gives us insight (I also want Triplett as his second to join he and Simmons are cute plus he is the only one near enough to save her right now). Garrett shouldn’t really be that far from the bus which I know is in trouble. And I guess its good to know he is clearly not only a good guy but a legitimate threat.

4. Dave says:

now that SHIELD shut down in Captain America, what’s gonna happen?? CANT WAIT!

• WW says:

I guess its hard not to want to talk about it BUT a lot of people have not rushed to the movies yet and to talk about what happened in Captain America is a spoiler.

BtW I am guessing the events in CA wont resonate on Agents of SHIELD for a couple of weeks at least – or the TV show would be a spoiler for the movie.

• Agent 31 says:

Um… Good luck with that logic but events in Cap 2 directly impact what’s happening in Agent of SHIELD for this week. That’s been confirmed since before last week at Paleyfest.

• Sara says:

They’ve been pretty clear that the events of Captain America were going to connected to the next episode. That is one of the reasons for the past few months of randomly scheduled episodes: so that last week’s episode and this week’s episode would match up perfectly. The events of Captain America are supposed to greatly impact the rest of the season, starting last week.

5. Steve F. says:

Hopefully, this is one instance where it’s not “Game Over, man!” I like Bill Paxton on the show!

6. tv2day says:

The can’t expect this series to last by throwing four bones out of 24 episodes. Kill off some of the boring cast n start over next year

7. Juan says:

I love the show and can’t wait to see this weeks episode. Like after watching captain how will everything be. So excited

8. James D says:

i loved Cap 2 can’t wait to see how it all plays out in AOS. the last few episodes have been really good this one looks like it will be the best yet. and I’m totally cool with making Paxton a series regular. make it happen ABC.

9. Gwen says:

For those of us who haven’t seen “Winter Soldier” yet, does that mean we should record this Tuesday’s “S.H.I.E.L.D.” episode and not watch it until we’ve seen the movie?

• Daryl says:

Might be a good idea. Some major game-changers for the series based on the events of the movie, and I can’t think of a way for the show to integrate them without spoiling a twist or two from the movie. Remember Sitwell being sent off at the beginning last week? He went straight to the beginning of the movie. Remember Simmons on the secure line saying “a lot of agents are rushing to the Situation Room?” They were rushing to a scene in the movie.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yep — specifically, Sitwell said, “I have a boat to catch” or something. Indeed, he did.

• Daryl says:

Not to mention, Hand pulled him from the search for the Clairvoyant, telling him he needed to report to the Lemurian Star…the boat in question.

10. Ashley says:

Garrett will definitely survive the episode otherwise it’ll blow apart my theory that he’s the Clairvoyant! Super excited for tomorrow night’s episode after watching The Winter Soldier this weekend. It’s going to have a huge effect on the show!

• Daryl says:

Oh, I think the movie told us who the Clarvoyant is. :-)

• Drew Melbourne says:

I’m PRETTY sure that the Clairvoyant is a specific character who’s appeared on the show already — and if I had to lay money, it’s Titus Welliver’s character. Why? Many reasons, but the clearest evidence is the “I’m a Scorpio” line. (Google SHIELD and Scorpio and you’ll understand why.)

11. Joey Padron says:

Excited to see this new episode. It’s gonna be a great episode. Winter Soldier movie was great and a couple of surprises.