Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Blacklist, Big Bang, Goldbergs, Mentalist, Letterman & More

Hey, you! Sunday binge-watcher! It’s time for you to take a break and get some fresh air check out TVLine’s Quotes of the Week – a collection of the best retorts, one-liners and bon mots from the last seven days!

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a Disney reference on Grey’s Anatomy, humor in the face of gunfire on The Mentalist and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., some art appreciation on The Blacklist, a fashion burn on Jeopardy and much more.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

1. Lola says:

I would have picked Cary’s line from The Good Wife, “I want to get out my aggressions and my anger by destroying your client, now sit down…I said sit the hell down” Is it wrong that I found him incredibly sexy in that moment?

• Michael Slezak says:

Not at all wrong. In fact, quite correct. I almost went with his quote, but David Lee won by a nose.

• Lola says:

It’s good to know I wasn’t alone! I felt kinda guilty in the midst of all the tragedy thinking, yum yum gimme some!

2. Staci says:

Dr. Chilton’s “Hannibal the cannibal” line should be here. I was so happy someone finally said it! Friday’s episode of Hannibal was excellent.

3. dude says:

That Bernadette line actually made me laugh harder than I have in a while.

4. Azerty says:

Everything the mother said should have been quotes of the week, specially the dialogue when her and Ted meet. But I would go for the classic “and that kids, is how I met your mother”.

5. trainwreck says:

Grey’s had a lot of fun zingers this time.. i loved when Jo said,” I fel like I will never get angry again!” to which Callie laughed and responded ” Sweetie – you’re dating Alex Karev!” :P I guffawed!

• cycworker says:

And the Arizona/Alex exchange in the ER: Alex: How much do you make? AZ: None of your business, you hobo!

6. Cathy says:

There are better quotes from the Blacklist; like when Red’s right-hand man asked about the paint color. That was just so awkward. And when Red is talking to a former colleague about getting DNA, and Red, who has slept with the man’s wife, gives him an alternative should it not work out with the man’s spouse.

• Lauren says:

news flash: humor is subjective. for example: i loved the bob ross reference. but i am also older than 18 and remember him.

7. Spencer says:

Chills from the walking dead quote!

8. Criminal Minds had a lot of good Reid quotes, surprised one epic one when he was reading an email about someone telling a man to go… you know, and he said it wasn’t possible with the male anatomy.

9. Claire says:

I WANTED TO BE YOUR WIFE (Nashville) – this line was like a sucker punch. PEW. Also perfect delivery by Ms Britton.

• MiaB says:

That whole scene between Rayna and Deacon was awesome. Glad to see Connie Britton getting some props here.

10. GG28 says:

“Am I your fluffer today!?” – Olivia, Scandal

11. Shira says:

“I wanted to be your wife. I wanted us to raise her up to together in a wonderful loving home that you could not provide”. That scene physically hurts me. It was raw, and so very real.
    Think Charles Esten and Connie Britton should have gotten an honorable mention as well this week.

12. Titoveli says:

On Big Bang Theory

Sheldon : Xbox or PS4?
    pennny : What
    lenerd : xbox
    Raj : PS4
    Haward : Both
    Bernadeth : I like the WII …………………………. lol

13. Mary says:

Unfortunately that “sorry” is about the only thing we’re ever going to get from Hook. But what do we expect from a show that only has one villain ever regretting anything, Rumple. How are we supposed to accept Regina’s or Hook’s “redemption” if there’s no substance to it? Oh and they should have stuck to just two villains attempting redemption. Hook isn’t even a main character but for some reason they want to “redeem” him. They didn’t try that with Cora or Malcolm/Pan, so why are they trying it with him?

14. Elle says:

That line from Rayna on Nashville….. I cried MYSELF to sleep after watching that. Beautiful, and heartbreaking. And Deacon’s face when she said it…..

15. Billie says:

I question the sanity of anyone who doesn’t miss Bob Ross

16. abz says:

Loved the Person of Interest quote. More people need to start figuring out how awesome that show is. OUAT and TBBT were hilarious as well.

• An Irrelevant says:

Yes! It’s about time POI finally got some attention! This is such an amazing show! Also loved TBBT quotes..

17. Pat says:

Bernadette without a doubt was hysterical! I laughed so hard when she delivered these lines. She really does have a fantastic comedic timing and I wonder how many times they have to do retakes, because the others cannot keep a starlight face when she starts doing her lines.

• Pat says:

That should say straight face not (starlight). That blanking autocorrect does this to me quite a bit!

• Dot says:

My other favorite on BBT, actually a scene, when Amy and Sheldon are having dinner and Amy is trying to be supportive of Sheldon’s dilemna and then at the end just screams “now pass the butter!!”

18. Britt says:

I knew when that guy joked about Alex Trebek’s suit that he would ultimately lose!!!! #DontmesswithTrebek

19. abz says:

I just remembered (and this would probably apply for last weeks Quotes of the Week), but Hot in Cleveland’s Live episode had some hilarious quotes. From Alex Trebek, to the Dave Foley scene in the kitchen with Joy, to the Golden Girls/Steve Harvey quotes, the entire episode had me LOL-ing

20. DarkDefender says:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Quote was good.. And will be ironic if she ends up being the Clairvoyant.

21. Claire says:

For HIMYM, that was probably the one funny thing -_-

POI — love the show!

The Walking Dead — now if we didn’t have to wait FOREVER to see that one to fruition! Sniffle

All time favorite Felicity Smoak! Always the best ❤️

22. Ceylan says:

How come Zach’s Jesus line from this week’s The Crazy Ones isn’t on the list?

23. Lindsay says:

Person of Interest when Reese and Shaw ask if they’re being punished and then Fusco walks in and starts talking about his road trip play list- “I think I’m the one who’s being punished.