Ratings: Unforgettable Returns Steady; Hannibal, Grimm and Neighbors Slip; Hope Finale Ticks Up

Till DeathUnforgettable fans remembered to tune in.

The Poppy Montgomery-starrer resumed Season 2 on Friday with 7.5 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, on par with its midseason finale (5.8 mil/1.0, on a Sunday) and off just two tenths from time slot predecessor Undercover Boss‘ season finale (6.6 mil/1.2).

Continuing CBS’ night, Hawaii Five-0 (9.5 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth from its last fresh outing, while Blue Bloods (11.4 mil/1.5) rose a tenth.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Hart of Dixie, Hannibal and 26 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere….

ABC | Last Man Standing (6.2/1.3) dipped a tenth, while fellow bubble comedy The Neighbors (3.9 mil/0.9) and Shark Tank (7.2 mil/1.9) dropped some eyeballs as well as two tenths in the demo.

FOX | A Kitchen Nightmares rerun (2 mil/0.7) greatly improved on Rake‘s final Friday outing (1.9 mil/0.4); Rake‘s finale airs tonight. Raising Hope‘s double-episode series finale — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “A-“ — averaged 1.6 mil and a 0.6, up a tenth.

RELATED | Raising Hope Series Finale Recap: The Chance Family Says Goodbye — and ‘I Do’

THE CW | Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1.5 mil/0.4) slipped a tenth in the demo. Hart of Dixie (770K/0.3) fell 19 percent in total audience while flat in the demo.

NBC | Both Grimm (4.9 mil/1.3) and Hannibal (2.3 mil/0.8) shed eyeballs as well as two tenths in the demo.

1. Eric says:

Oh no, Hannibal :(

• wrstlgirl says:

People are really missing out not watching Hannibal. Some of the best story telling I’ve seen in a long time.

• luke says:

Disastrous numbers for Hannibal. I guess when a show is not “Mickey Mouse” explained to people like Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI and other garbage, it won’t work.

• Dooger says:

That’s what make it so good/better.^
        You need to use you brain to remember everything, especially character body language. (I don’t want to give away the last episode but that wink…explained a lot)

• Abby says:

I don’t hate Hannibal because it’s not Mickey Mouse. It sounds like you like it because it makes you feel smart.

• Betty says:

I agree with Dooger in that you need a little bit of brain’s to watch Hannibal. You don’t have to be at all snobby and think your smart to appreciate the show but it makes you need to think a lot more. Unlike most of them “Mickey Mouse” shows.
          I don’t think she came across as feeling smarter at all but maybe a bit astute for some people.

2. wrstlgirl says:

This is way off topic for this article and I apologize but is there a cable channel list somewhere that shows what’s likely to be renewed or on the bubble. I’m curious about how Dallas is doing since they lost the amazing Larry Hagman.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine’s hand-crafted RENEWAL SCORECARDS are linked from the top of every single TVLINE page. But like Chicago Dan said, TNT still needs to see how DALLAS holds up when it resumes Season 3 in the summer.

• ChicagoDan says:

Dallas is coming back this summer to finish S3 run. Whether it will return will depend on those ratings. Airing in the tough Monday slot in season against second hour of TV/DWTS, etc. isn’t the best gauge.

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree. I watch it on Saturday morning when it’s aired again. I’m just curious how it’s doing.

3. John says:

Wow, bad numbers for H50. It was really promoted this week because it was a fan-built episode .
    A little embarrassing Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck is doing better than the H50 ” eye candy” .

• Doug H says:

H50 is still great in total viewers since it does skew older and Blue Bloods skews oldest because Baby Boomers love Sellick and love the family aspect of the show… H50 is already on TNT in reruns and sells well internationally… I haven’t seen Blue Bloods on reruns yet… Hannibal is getting better and better but it’s too late since it’s buried on Friday nights… I suspect it’ll be wrapped up this season..

• TV Gord says:

I think the networks are consciously putting the shows that don’t do as well in the demo on Friday nights, so they have different expectations for those shows. Friday nights are Total Viewers Night! :-)

4. Ally Oop says:

Wow Hart if Dixie did atrociously. It not only dipped below a million viewers for the first time this season but it was all the way down to 770K.

• Brandy says:

It was under a million viewers after finals last week too.

• TV Gord says:

I never missed HoD on Mondays, but for some reason Fridays at 8 is super busy for my recording devices! Unfortunately for me, HoD is also one of those few shows that I can only watch Fridays at 8. It’s not on at any other time on my cable dial and there’s no option to watch it on demand in Canada. The way things are now, I’ll probably only sacrifice other shows when Hart has its season finale. Fortunately, nothing much happens week-to-week, so I don’t expect to miss much. ;-)

5. Rebecca says:

No no no Hart of Dixie. It seems that Joel is finally gone, I hope it isn’t too late.

• Dana says:

I agree, Rebecca. I’m so disappointent HoD’s ratings were so low. It seems like Joel has almost singlehandedly murdered HoD. Between Joel and Jaime King out on maternity leave HoD has been awful this season. I’m so glad he’s gone but so sad about the ratings.

6. Pat says:

I love Unforgettable. Now I just hope it will survive. It has been moved around so much and then there was this long delay for its return and because of this, I know the show could be in jeopardy, no fault of its own. So I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the very best! I do like this 8pm Friday night time slot.

• Pat says:

I forgot to comment on Grimm, last night. I loved it. My mind started to wonder into thinking that eventually, that little baby will end up either being raised by Nick and Juliette or Monroe and Rosalie. Do not ask me why, I just have that feeling.

• wrstlgirl says:

Same here. I’m also not 100% convinced regarding the baby daddy.

• Mary says:

Juliette annoys me and her raising Adalind’s child would make me mad. I’ve always loved Adalind as a character, so I hope she makes it through this battle.

• Mark says:

Its already been renewed but CBS cocked up as a majority of die hard fans have already seen these episodes courtesy of legal net streaming from Spain where this was shown in January.

• JBC says:

I really enjoyed Unforgettable this week. I hope it makes it. I like the 8pm Friday night slot too.

7. RL says:

Ok, for all the people who are always saying how great Hannibal is and why no one is watching it I’m going to give you some idea. I’ve tried watching this show more than once. I even tried watching it again when I heard Gillian Anderson was going to be on it. First of all the show is gross. I don’t even have a weak stomach by any means but I really don’t want to look at that every week. Secondly it’s very depressing. I mean one main character is on the edge of losing his mind every week and the other one already has and of course you have all the murders every week. I watch TV to escape reality not to be more depressed every week. Thirdly, I already know how it ends thanks to the movies.

I also have a big problem with the actor playing Hannibal. I don’t know what kind of accent that is but between that and him kind of speaking softly and monotone I can’t understand him sometimes. I know it would be nearly impossible to compete with Anthony Hopkins but come on he’s supposed to be British right? There seems to be no shortage of British actors could they not find one that speaks more clearly and. Has a little more personality?

I’ve talked to other people who’ve seen the show and they pretty much have the same problems with it. And no, I don’t watch CSI, Law and Order or any of the other stupid procedural shows so quit assuming you’re oh so much smarter than people not watching this show and that’s why they don’t like it, because they’re just not as smart as you.

• M says:

The guy playing Hannibal is danish, hence the accent. His portrayal of Hannibal Lecter is actually the only thing that made me watch the first season. The blood and the murders didn’t bother me, it’s about a cannibal after all, but I can’t stand the depressing setting and the way Will Graham was losing his mind etc, it got old after only a couple of episodes. Shame since I thought the show had loads of potential.

• RL says:

Like I said, he’s supposed to be British, he’s British in the movies so why on earth would you hire someone who’s not British. This is even more puzzling considering they hired a British actor to play Will and he’s covering up his accent.

• Dooger says:

The Hannibal Lector character was born Lithuanian & brought up French…(thats where he get the cooking from.) The accent suit the character better than a British accent.
          Don’t bother with the show if your already puzzled with basic things like this lol.

• Dooger says:

1 & 2= That’s your opinion on how you stomach it and lack understanding of the characters.
      3= Knowing this has made it been smart and intriguing. There have been hundreds of stories that have been retold/remade that you know the future/fate of the characters.
      Mads Mikkelsen is from Denmark, so he has a Danish accent.
      Get past the first 5-6 setup episodes and the show is a blast there on in.
      Tbh you do need a brain to watch this smart show which obviously excludes a lot of viewers…^

• Francine says:

The last part of your comment- come on. I love Hannibal but I certainly understand how its not for everyone (for various reasons). Why assume people are not smart enough to get it? I hate when someone thinks they are so much smarter than everyone else just because they watch a certain show. It just comes across as being very rude. Different people like different things. Sure I wish more people watched it, but that’s the way it goes.

• Dooger says:

No, I completely agree but this RL person is proving the exception. They seem a bit dimwitted(I know, rude…but it’s kind of true) and short sighted on the shows contextual premise and it’s milieu.

• Guest says:

It’s easy to assume people aren’t smart enough to get a TV show. Like when someone complains about Person of Interest’s story arcs and longs for the NCIS case of the week because a procedural keeps things “fresh.” Or when they complain about the writers killing off a character yet come up with the most idiotic ways that character could be brought back. RL’s entire second paragraph comes across as extremely stupid.

• RL says:

Gee, let’s see serial killer kills people and fools people into believing he’s sane. Other main character is the sane one but people think he’s the crazy one. Yes, this show is just too smart for me, I just can’t figure it out. I hope you can understand what I’m writing here, it’s amazing I made it through college and can string two sentences together. The problem isn’t I can’t figure these characters out its that I don’t want to and don’t care what happens to them. Maybe I’m the intelligent one not to waste my time with something so violent and gory and depressing.

• wrstlgirl says:

Hmmm well I love Hannibal and the fantastic story telling but of course it’s not for everyone, nothing is. But I’ve never claimed to be smarter than anyone so how about not lumping us “ALL” into your basket of people you seem to be irritated with.

• RL says:

I’m not irritated at anyone. It just seems every time this show is mentioned you have people saying they can’t figure out why people don’t watch it so I’m just telling them why I and people I know don’t watch it. Of course not everyone who watches it thinks they’re smarter than those who don’t but some do, namely the person above who made the comment that people who don’t watch it like “Mickey Mouse procedural shows” implying they are dumber than this person. We’ll like I said I don’t watch other procedural shows but still don’t like Hannibal. I also don’t think I’m better then people who like those shows. If you like it great, including Hannibal.

8. Boiler says:

I’ve never seen HoD this low on viewers. It did better on Monday and I thought it outperformed what is currently there. Is any adjustment coming?? So society says there is no room for a fun show like this but someone else seems to think another wife swap show is great TV. Too bad

9. Francine says:

Bummed Hannibal continues to get such low ratings. I wish it wasn’t on NBC. Oh well, what can you do? Grimm was great last night too.

10. greysfan says:

Raising Hope deserved so much more from such a fantastic comedy that has been sent to the doghouse. To me the only 2 good comedies left are Big Bang and Modern Family. The rest of them are all very average. There hasn’t been a new comedy that has been any good in 3 years now. Sure a fair few get renewed but that isn’t because they are any good, its because the network are saving face each year.

• john says:

Community, best comedy that has been on for years minus season four. Damn gas leak year. But yes raising hope was fantastic, sad to see it go,

• Dooger says:

I have similar taste it appears and I also agree with whats been said.
        New Girl has been more bad than good during it’s run and The Mindy Project should appeal to me but just isn’t funny & just annoying.
        Parks and Recreation has been poor for years and can be included in the ‘saving face each year’.
        I would add Brooklyn Nine-Nine to TBBT & Modern Family(although I’m inclined to say MF has declined in quality last 2 seasons and is possibly ‘saving face each year’).

11. Coal says:

Ahhh, the common practise of insulting other shows and its viewers because your favourite shows has less viewers. So if Hannibal is only for smart people going by its numbers then The CW must have the smartest shows in the History of TV.

• john says:

Some of my favorite shows have the worst ratings and i’m with you there. Intelligence does not come into it, its taste in shows. Opinions vary and some shows do better than others, at the end of the day you like what you like. This is not a criticism on your comment just an observation on your point.

• Dooger says:

I agree to an extent but CW is aimed at girls and tweens. It’s not aimed at adults(men), which excludes a lot of viewers. Even their shows like The Tomorrow People and Arrow are for immature teenage boys but not really for adults.

12. Coal says:

I fully agree with you John, we are all different people with different likes. I just get annoyed sometimes when posters decide to insult others because they don’t have similar tastes as them.

13. sarah says:

H50 was really good! Same with Blue Bloods!

14. Mikael says:

Hannibal is so good! I hope it gets another season. I like that it’s not just another crime procedural; there is a heavy influence on psychology more than anything, which I find interesting. Also, the artistic style of the show is really great too.