Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Bonnie Confronts Jeremy, Markos Drops a Bomb and More

The tension is getting so thick in Mystic Falls, you could cut it with a Traveler Knife! New photos from The Vampire Diaries‘ April 17 episode (The CW, 8/7c) reveal some heavy confrontations, as well as a better look at the show’s new Big Bad.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Recap: Meet Your Markos

Not only are Elena and Caroline seen having a tense chat at the Mystic Grill — possibly discussing Elena’s alternate-reality dreams about Stefan — but it also looks like Bonnie and Jeremy are having “the talk.” (And if they’re not, they should be. That’s been a long time coming.)

The photos also show Damon and Enzo receiving some surprising news from Markos, who appears to be doing a little self-reflection of his own.

Browse the sneak peek photos below, then drop a comment: What could Elena and Caroline be discussing? Is Bonnie and Jeremy’s relationship ending? And what’s your first impression of Markos?

_

1. Lara says:

If they would only stop shoving the love triangle from hell down our throats, then the show would get better ratings again. I get the writers want to tell what they want, but sometimes its good to listen to the fans. So give the supporting characters (especially Caroline) something more to do, that does not resolve around love interest or the main three. seriously it feels like this show wants to get bad ratings.

• nate says:

mee too ill take more Stefan anyday just kill Damon & Elena. Just give evryone a break from any sexual relationship

• M3rc Nate says:

And whats sad is what Peck has said at Paley Fest which is the how they will keep playing out this love triangle and putting them together and ripping them apart because “happiness and a great relationship isnt fun on screen, isnt as entertaining” and i COMPLETELY disagree…what would be refreshing is to let Stefan meet a new girl (or Caroline or something) and them be GOOD for each other, and no love triangle stuff at all….let Elena and Damon continue their horrible relationship thats all about chemistry and nothing to do with reality and actually working well together as a couple.

• alistaircrane says:

Obviously you have never watched a soap opera. The fun of TV couples is watching them struggle to be together, finally be together, then be torn apart and have to struggle to reunite.

• CBWBDK1 says:

There is nothing fun about watching the same crap over and over again! I’m so sick of this who will elena sleep with this week storyline!

• M3rc Nate says:

Exactly, she didnt say “we bring them together and pull them apart a FEW TIMES then let the fans enjoy them being together and working on being in a relationship”…..no she said “we will keep bringing them together and pulling them apart over and over, thats the show, without it, it isnt interesting” which i STRONGLY disagree with. They could have Damon and Elena be together for real and let Stefan move on and they bring in a great actress with great chemistry with him and they concentrate pretty hard on that, and how he is doing moving on from Elena and what its like to finally be in a great relationship (no murder, cheating, dumping etc).

• Dmav says:

Personally, that is why I don’t watch soap operas.

• osho janet says:

Stephan should just get the hell out of Mystic Falls and find love somewhere else or look for a cure for katherine’s ageing and then date her because I love katherine so much. She’s just too hot

2. STP says:

I am just happy to see Bonnie and Jeremy actually in a scene together. They are one of my favorite couples and they have hardly been on in the past few episodes.

• Lena says:

The writers act like the character Bonnie is the most undesirable female around. Both Caroline and Elena have had two or three guys who have been interested in them through out the series, but Bonnie only has Jeremy, a guy who cheated on her once already with a ghost. It is ridiculous, considering the fact that Kat is just as attractive and beautiful as the other women on this show. And I cannot stand Jeremy…

• alistaircrane says:

Funny, I love Jeremy and can’t stand Bonnie. She should have stayed dead at the end of last season.

• Lena says:

They couldn’t do that. Bonnie has been the nonstop plot device whenever anything goes wrong on this show. The only time Elena or Caroline even think about her is if they need Bonnie to do something for them. Although, there is no denying she is a good friend. Bonnie sacrificed her life for Jeremy and has been the go-to girl for Elena countless times. Bonnie deserves to actually have friends who care about her. Not on this show of course. Funny though, I wish Jeremy would have stayed dead a couple times. How unfortunate!

• alistaircrane says:

I wrote the show off last season when Jeremy died. I think Bonnie should leave the show—-maybe join The Originals? She could be important to the witches there.

• Lena says:

@alistaircrane–I’m finish with the show as well. I read spoilers even though I don’t actually watch anymore. I would love to see Bonnie on The Originals. I don’t see it happening though. I think I’m just ready for pilot season. Perhaps something with good writing will come out.

• Amora Lee says:

I must admit Beremy has had some good moments but the fact that the show never even confronted the issue that Jeremy cheat and just threw them back together was very disappointing. Classic TVD Bonnie always seems to be an unappreciated prop a fix,a witch now an anchor. And as previously mentioned by Lena Bonnie gas never been given the role of just a beautiful girl with multiple love interests like Elena or Caroline they stuck her with whoever was convinient or had an agenda for Ben,Luca, Jeremy Elena’s little brother and Jamie her step brother. Bonnie deserves an Epic Love to be wooed cherished and First.

3. Riana says:

Housewife Elena looks adorable

4. alistaircrane says:

I am surprised that people are complaining about this season. For me, it’s the best since Season 2. It’s back to being must-see-tv for me, although I have to admit the post-Katherine episodes have left a little to be desired (not interested in the Travelers). It’s certainly loads better than The Originals. My only complaint? I once shipped Delena but now I hate the disgusting guts of Damon. Killing Aaron Whitmore was the final straw. And I could do without Bonnie and Jeremy as a couple. I always felt Jeremy and Tyler had more chemistry together than with any of their female love interests. Overall, though, this season gets an A- from me (so far).

5. spindae2 says:

I really don’t know where this season will end up. No clue.When Damon got infected with the virus I asdumed they will turn him human but suddenly he is cured so no clue. This episode looks neat and possible funny with these various Stelena featurette’s, I hope we get to see the others(everyone besides Damon) in these “worlds”.

6. Riana says:

I just hope they kill Markos.No more vilians going into next season. Hopefully they learned their mistake from Silas.

7. Sarahliz says:

Is it true that The Originals is filming all summer? Is TVD doing the same? Or is that just a rumor?

8. osho janet says:

Bonnie and jeremy are the best couple ever and I’m so happy to see them back together but its just too painful that Bonnie is the anchor to the other side. Well stephan good luck finding the girl of your dreams because Elena is a big ass cat with no choice of relationship but I advice Damon to look for the right girl because Elena is not the right girl for you. Good luck Matt and Rebekah.

9. Amora Lee says:

Im tired of this Elena this Elena that,whatever it was that she had that was worth such deep devotion and admiration is long gone in her place is someone i dont wanna waste valuable time watching she found out Damon killed Aaron and rewarded him by falling into bed with him why “because she loved him and Katherine broke up with him” No! Damon is a grown ass man he should be past the point where he throws a tantrum and kills which ever poor soul crosses his path because Elena doesnt like him anymore.
    Damon needs some character development the fact that he’s been pulling the same stunts for 5 seasons is more than enough time to grow up. He needs to realize that he doesnt need to pin his entirely self worth on either Petrova we know his father and Katherine did some serious Damage but Damon its time to move on brcause OBVIOUSLY Elena hasntt changed you for the better if your recent behavior is any indication its damn near identical to the Katherine era .Which brings us to Stefan, the role of the selfless goodie good has gone far enough NoOne is that perfect dont suffer in silence and brood open your mouth and stop hoping