HIMYM's Saddest Reveal? No Good Wife Gossip? Did Scandal Deliver Sex-y Face? And More TV Qs

Once Upon a TimeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including How I Met Your Mother, Justified, Parenthood and The Big Bang Theory!

1 | Though we’re lamenting that Hannibal had to kill off the awesome Beverly Katz, wasn’t the way she went – sliced up into giant microscope slides – kinda cool? (Yet sick. Definitely sick. But cool.)

2 | Can every Saturday Night Live host from now on just do a Louis CK stand-up set instead of a monologue?

3 | Once Upon a Time fans, did it take you a minute to figure out who Neal was referring to with: “I almost married a minion of my evil grandfather, Peter Pan”? (RIP, Tamara!)

RELATED | Wonderland Fave to Join Once Upon a Time?

4 | While we recognize that Resurrection won’t answer every question right away, can the ABC drama to pick up the pace just a little? After four episodes, have we learned anything about why “the returned” have come back to Arcadia?

5 | Does The Good Wife really expect us to believe that with today’s social media, emails and texting, not a single Lockhart Gardner employee had heard about the shooting at the courthouse, and that one of their own was caught in the crossfire? Really? And as the Governor of Illinois, why was Peter not alerted that there was a deadly courthouse shooting in Chicago?

6 | What does The Walking Dead have against kids? After the show had Lizzie murder her sister and Carol put down Lizzie, was it absolutely essential that Carl nearly get raped in the season finale?

Last Forever Part One7 | Did any other How I Met Your Mother fans find themselves surprisingly crushed by how dramatically Robin lost touch with the gang? Like, even more so than they were over The Mother’s death, or Barney and Robin’s divorce?

PHOTOS | HIMYM: 13 Questions We Still Have About Ted’s Future, Robin’s Other Job, Bob Saget and More

8 | Doesn’t The Tomorrow People’s Stephen seem too young to be with Cara, yet too old to be with Hillary (played by the youthful-looking Alexa Vega)?

9 | On a scale of one to “Oh hell no!,” how irked are you that The Voice is quietly eliminating the Live Playoffs, allowing its coaches to narrow down the Season 6 field from 20 down to 12 all by themselves and delaying the public vote until April 21?

Person of Interest10 | Could Person of Interest‘s Shaw be any less of a “Betty”? Also: How did she end up barefoot (!) during the shoot-out in a chem lab full of shattered glass beakers?

11 | Why would Glee do a storyline about Sam becoming an underwear model without giving us actual scenes of him modeling underwear? #NeverFeltSoCheated

12 | From Cougar Town fan/TVLine reader Jenna: “Whatever happened to Grayson’s daughter Tampa?”

Justified13 | Anyone else hoping Justified‘s final season finds Raylan settling down with Alicia Witt’s anti-heroine Wendy Crowe?

14 | If we ask very nicely, will all of the View hosts promise never to go topless during a broadcast again?

15 | At what point do “Sophie Grace and Rosie” appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show — again — starts to feel exploitative-y?

16 | How does Criminal Minds star Matthew Gray Gubler always seem to direct the “OMG, I can’t believe they went there!”-level of creepy episodes?

PHOTOS | Arrow First Look: Slade Attacks Oliver’s [Spoiler]!

17 | How did Arrow‘s Slade know Thea’s true paternity? Or, maybe our Q is this: How was Moira able to hide the secret for two decades only to have two different people (Felicity, Slade) uncover it within a matter of weeks?

18 | What was Luke Wheeler’s frustrated punch in the car all about on Nashville? Do Maddie and Daphne know any songs besides “Ho Hey”? And, as TVLine reader Molly points out, wasn’t $400,000 a lot of royalties for Gunnar to make off two recently released songs?

19 | Are you surprised it took this long Scandalfor The Americans to work the Jennings’ vast wig/costume collection into their bedroom antics?

20 | Did Scandal, by having to shoot around Kerry Washington’s baby bump, just give us TV’s face-iest extended sex scene ever?

21 | Has there been a more romantic recent Grey’s Anatomy moment than Mer showing sickly Derek a video of her delivering his VIP speech? And given how much up was chucked in this week’s episode, shouldn’t ABC have supplied barf bags?

22 | How weird is it to see The Big Bang Theory‘s Sheldon and Amy regularly kissing?!

RELATED | The Big Bang Theory Celebrates Star Wars Day

23 | Was there anything more unsettling on TV this week than Parks and Recreation‘s Orin dressing up as April’s mom?

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter24 | What’s going on in Julia’s head on Parenthood that she couldn’t get through a date with Ed, but felt comfortable sleeping with Mr. Knight just days later?

25 | Show of hands: Did the insane visual of a woman blow-drying a chicken in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!’s “fluffy eggs” campaign make you hit the rewind button on your DVR?

1. Bartleby says:

#15 – Every single time since the first time.

2. Chris G. says:

13) Justified – I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

• wordsmith says:

Raylan and Wendy make as much sense as Boyd and Eva, which is to say not much at first glance, and then increasingly more and more as you look closer. I could definitely get behind this pairing.

• Lyn says:

Yuck! Raylan can only be with Winona, don’t ya know!

• wordsmith says:

Winona is great and I would love to see more of her on the show, but I like her “amicable exes” dynamic with Raylan. I think their relationship would be far less interesting if they reconciled.

• EJ386 says:

I never thought about it, but now y’all mention it, it seems like a brilliant idea.

3. Mary says:

Just watched Scandal and was thinking the same re that sex scene. I’m not sure I remember seeing a scene ever shot like that. It was definitely a unique perspective!

4. BZ says:

No, we found ourselves surprisingly crushed by how dramatically the producers slapped us long time fans in the face. No one I know gave much of a thought to the fact that Robin disappeared, considering the other ‘events’ which happened.

• Amen. The questions should have been.

“Was there ANY part of that finale that didn’t destroy the whole series?” That answer is NO.

• Ann says:

I liked the finale. It felt rushed, but it was a great ending. I’m not a Ted and Robin shipper either but I’m glad he didn’t live his life in his stories, like the Mother was afraid he would…he was able to move on after her death with the blessing of his kids.

• John NYC says:

But her being dead wasn’t mandated except by the nine year old conceit of a final scene…

• Marc says:

It was the creative team’s decision. That’s how they wanted it to end, with Ted returning to Robin years after the mother’s death. And, yes, the show was not about how he met their mother. I’m not going to complain about the writers’ choice of ending. The problem as I see it was building the entire final season around a wedding when the marriage was already doomed.

Sure, other shows have drawn us into a love story and then ended it, but that’s often when a cast member is leaving or they run out of ideas or are playing for melodrama (Marc Cherry, I’m talking to you.) I just don’t see the point of the whole wedding–I loved the season; the shows were brilliant–when you’re just going to invalidate in 20 minutes the sense you built for the past 25 episodes that Robin and Barney are right for each other.

Instead, build the last season around something else that draws the mother into their lives. If you are hellbent on a wedding, have Barney marry the stripper or Robin marry the therapist (and have Ted and Robin reunite after both their spouses have passed; they would never kill Barney off to accomplish this). I don’t have a problem with Robin losing touch with the others. That happens. That’s real. But, it’s as though they came up with the whole ending, divorce and all, when they thought the show could end a year ago and would not invest us so much in the wedding and stuck with it, unnecessarily, when the show was renewed.

• Brooke says:

That doesn’t mean it was a GOOD creative decision. It would have been more palatable 5 years ago, before they gave us endless examples of how Robin didn’t want Ted. Yes, that’s how they wanted their show to end, but they made that decision 9 years ago AND THEN NEVER REVISED IT even though everything changed.

• Ashley says:

No, but he did end up living in the past by ending up where he was in season 1.

• Asia says:

Yeah, this sums it up. Crushed about Robin leaving the group? Heck no! They made her so unlikable in the end. I’m crushed that the writers managed to ruin a 9 season series with just one 40 minute episode. I didn’t know that was possible. But the writers obviously said challenged accepted on that one.

• Cheli says:

Yes! Robin seemed so distant in season 9 that I actually lost interest in her altogether. Why wouldn’t she know Lilly had something going on such as being pregnant, they are best friends. I’ve been a long time robin/barney shipper since their first laser tag but by the end of season 9 I didn’t even care. Also for me Barney seemed to be the one character who had real character development, yet he reverts back to his old ways. He and Robin had real chemistry, such a disappointment.

And I get it, things don’t always work out how we wanted them to. That theme was loud and clear, you also can’t please everyone. This actually feels like the one time I wish the writers/ creative team had considered the majority of fan feedback.

• JLK says:

Yeah, not me either. I found it the predictable outcome of her job. What annoys me is the fact that this woman travels the globe and seemingly doesn’t meet anyone? She’s living a sad life of solitude until she settles back in NYC near her widowed ex? That’s just wrong…

5. johnhelvete says:

Don’t need to know “why” the dead came back, but I do think the show needs to pick up the pace of the story line.

6. Robin came off as a very bad friend, worried more with how things affected her than how they affected others. Her departure (precipitated by her reluctance to be near Barner, her ex husband, and Ted, who she thought she should have been with instead) tore Lily apart, but it’s not like she cared. Lily spent every subsequent scene lamenting that Robin was not there. Did Robin think about her as much as Lily thought of her?

• Kim says:

It seemed to me like Robin would have happily spent plenty of time with Lily, but Lily was more hung up on rekindling the group dynamic than exploring a new kind of independent friendship with Robin. It was a bit selfish of Lily to ask Robin to come hang out with the gang all the time when her tore her heart up to be around the whole group.

• Lily is not at fault for wanting to keep the gang together. If Robin had really cared about Barney, she could have changed jobs, but clearly she cared more about her job than she did about him. That said, it’s clear from the previous episodes of this season that she did care about Barney, that was the whole point of this season, but the finale was so badly written that she comes off as self-centered.

• dax says:

Robin had always been a career oriented character – she broke up with Ted because she wanted a career, not kids. For once its refrshing to see a Career oriented person who chooses Career over romance/kids not PUNISHED! Although I am not onboard with Robin/Barney ending over too easy, but i guess this was needed to speed up stuff for finale, but yeah i never saw them lasting forever honestly.

About her moving away from group, It happens – perfectly natural. I personally had a friend group and started dating one of the close friends and after our breakup it was plain awkward and tense spending tim with them – eventhough i liked them all. I found it – not bizarre or out of character – but a realistic dynamic of groups which have couples within them.

• But the group didn’t break up, she drifted away of her own volition. Tracy, the mother, ended up replacing her in the group.

• dax says:

Michael, because it’s just too hard to see someone who you had a past with flirting with someone OR wanted to have a future with kissing and doting on someone- and not being able to do anything about it.. Trust me on that #BeenThereDoneThat :)

I dont think Mother could have REPLACED her, she just added her own space in the group

• You’re right. Robin has always been a career oriented character.

And Barney had always been a philanderer, until he stopped, for her. He changed because he fell in love with Robin. He destroyed his Playbook, promised to never lie to her, etc. He essentially sacrificed the person he was (the one he described to Lily, Marshall, and Ted in the last episode) for her.

My point here is that Robin was not willing to make a similar sacrifice. She didn’t sacrifice her career for him the same way he sacrificed his philandering for her.

This, of course, has more to do with the bad script the last episode was based on than it does with Robin’s actual character growth as shown over the last two seasons of the show, but irregardless of that, that’s where we are with them.

Barney sacrificed his entire being for Robin, but she was not willing to sacrifice her job for him.

• Brooke says:

But she WAS punished for being a career oriented person, she and Barney had to get divorced after the wonderful things they said to each other at their wedding. Why couldn’t Barney just travel with her while she was working? He could easily be done at GNB now that his revenge against his boss was done. They didn’t have to make him and Robin miserable – except to carry out their Ted and Robin plan. And sure it’s natural for groups of friends to drift apart…but is that REALLY the way to reward your characters and your viewers after spending 9 years following them and rooting for them to succeed? This isn’t Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, we don’t need a tragic ending!

• Robin, as written in the final episode, didn’t care as much for Barney as the Robin from the previous episodes. She didn’t care enough about him to change her career, so 1) how much can it really hurt her to see someone she doesn’t care about be with someone else, and 2) she has her own self to blame if it does hurt her because it was her unwillingness to change her job to save her marriage that led to their break up.

• By 2030, Ted was still part of the group. Are we supposed to believe that Robin went back to the group once she and Ted got together? The reasons she left (seeing Barney date other women and seeing Ted with the Mother) were no longer valid in 2030 since Barney had, we can assume, stopped dating other women to take care of his daughter, while the mother was dead and Ted was with her. See, Robin comes off as extremely self-centered and selfish.

• trainwreck says:

and is it wrong to save yourself from constant pangs of regret and jealous? I won’t call it selfishness or self-centered. I find it true to her character, she runs from confrontation (robin sparkles boyfriend, her Dad, Barney when he was dating other women after their first breakup).

in 2030, as both her problems are solved and she is no longer feeling fish out of water, she will definitely hang out with her friends. it is NOT wrong to be careful about your own feelings!

• That’s the point. She wasn’t willing to sacrifice for anyone. She wasn’t willing to sacrifice her job for Barney (who sacrificed his entire persona for her), or her hurt feelings for Lily. And, again, she only has herself to blame for feeling bad over seeing Barney hitting on other women.

7. Deion says:

#5 – Were Will and Diane the ONLY L/G lawyers in court that morning? Making a plea deal in the halls that they didn’t know what courtroom the shooting was in?

8. The dead in Resurrection are in Arcadia looking for a girl named Joan because they need her help finding God to give him a message.

9. Julie says:

24) I think that Ed it’s a much bigger representation of her failed marriage and that’s why she couldn’t go through with it.

• Mandy says:

Julie has feelings for Ed and couldn’t go through with the emotional part.
      With the other guy, it was all physical and she didn’t need to get hung up on the feelings.

• But….Sleeping with Mr. Knight, who is supposed to start a charter school with her brother and sister-in-law was probably the bigger mistake as I am sure conflicts will arise should she choose to get back with Joel.

• Cassandra says:

Tha’ts how I saw it. Ed wanted something much deeper and I don’t think she ready for an emotional attachment.

• RMA says:

Yes, I had the same thought Julie.

10. Jim says:

#10 – I was thinking the same thing about her being barefoot. What, she’s going to go all yippekayya mf in the chemistry lab?

• TvPeong says:

Right?? Why would she take her shoes off to head to a chem lab to get a perp.

And, since they showed her barefoot with all the glass around her, one of the guys should have carried her out (preferably Nestor Carbonell and not Reese)

• Tammy says:

Because she had on heels! She’s a real woman and doesn’t wear high heels to kill people in the chem lab…. Bare feet are quieter to sneak up on people.

11. CA says:

The only thing crushing about the HIMYM finale — was, well the whole disappointing ending in and of itself. I still feel betrayed by the writers. All those years given for such a crappy ending. Blech.

• Olivia says:

Totally. I feel like I watched some craptastic Ted/Robin shipper fanfic come to life (and I don’t even dislike Ted/Robin at all, but come on. It really was THAT bad).

• Kimberly says:

I hated the finale. But my question is, how could Ted try to get robin after she was married to Barney? That was his wife, not his girlfriend, his wife! Ted broke the ultimate bro code!

• Brooke says:

No kidding. And they kept going on ahead of time about how they thought fans would love it. What kind of sadists are they that they think we’d want these characters to be miserable?

12. Regina says:

Also re: HIMYM, were the horrific wigs they had on Robin meant as comic relief to distract from how depressing and awful the finale was? Or did they actually think that was a good choice? I don’t really trust the judgement of the show’s creators anymore.

• Christina says:

But actually. So. Bad.

• John NYC says:

“don’t really trust the judgement”

Yes that is what it comes down to isn’t it? They just had the arrogance to never let go of a nine year old imagining of a closing scene long after the show had outgrown that ending.

I sort of see why: That freeze frame of Ted holding up the Blue French Horn WAS awesome in isolation. But obsolete in it’s fitting organically with the intervening nine years of show evolution….

• Tookie Clothespin says:

I liked the ending quite a bit but, I like comments like yours becuase they makes me think. I’m pretty sure that I read an interview where the creators said that they envivsioned the show going eight seasons. And I know that the ending was planned out years in advance. So, did they have the character developement planned out like that as well or did they fly by the seat of their pants every season? Did they just not realize that they had shut the door on Robin and Ted so tightly for some people or did they always mean for it to seem like it was over for them? Were people just not picking up on what the writers were actually trying to do all along or did they themselves not know how they were going to get to their endgame? Like I siad , I enjoyed the finale and felt that it fit the show but with so many people feeling otherwise your comment just got me thinking.

• Donna says:

I probably would have been OK with the finale, but they made me like the mother so much. Plus it felt like they just made the whole Ted-Tracey marriage insignificant.

13. e says:

18 – WHAT IS LUKE WHEELER’S DEAL? he seems so shifty to me. i feel like he is pulling something over on rayna, and his plan is getting foiled – hence the car punch, but i have not figured out the plan yet. he gets really weird when around jeff fordham, so i feel like it has something to do with him too…

24 – cause the “emotional” baggage of ed (him having a hand in the collapse of her marriage) is harder to handle than a random hookup with the hottie headmaster? who knows… maybe she’s just a fan of happy endings…

• Madison says:

I think Luke Wheeler took the video from his kid and released it to hoping to put Deacon into a tail spin; thus eliminating his competition for Rayna. When Deacon didn’t turn back to boos, then showed up to GMA, and was a stand-up guy for the cameras Luke ran to his car pissed (but only after he watched Deacon leave). I also believe the only reason he asked Deacon on his tour was to keep an eye on him and keep him away from Rayna. I could be completely wrong and he is in cahoots with that weirdo Jeff but I cant think of any reason why.

• and as far as Rayna’s girls only knowing “Hey Ho,” I thought that when she first started singing it. but then realized that this is “their song.” And, that’s exactly how I would get my sister to talk to me again if we were in that situation… pull the nostalgia factor. Yes, it even works with kids…

14. Curly Girly says:

#16 Criminal Minds: Do they even do ANY background on their locales? As a native WV from the Wheeling area I was VERY offended by how they portrayed Wheeling, WV. We do NOT have southern accents (Wheeling is in the northern part of the state, and is also north of the Mason-Dixon line), and Wheeling is located in the Ohio Valley, at least an hour from the mountains. The also didn’t show the Ohio River, upon which Wheeling is located, and is a big part of the city. YES, CITY (it was also once the capital of WV.) Also, we do not have names like Malachi and Sissy, and we have running water and electricity. Looks like they took the easy way out and used the stereotypical view of WV. Very disappointed in CM.

• MissMel says:

I’m willing to bet there’s all sorts of people in Wheeling, just like there are in Philadelphia (a much larger CITY which used to be the CAPITAL of the United States) where I’m from. Rich and poor, classy and trashy and with ALL kinds of names. Just because this isn’t YOUR world doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

• Curly Girly says:

I agree, there are indeed all types of people in WV, but it seems to me that anytime they showcase WV on a TV show or movie, they use the “backwoods, incestuous, mountain man” stereotype, and it is very frustrating. I was just disappointed because they didn’t show the “real” Wheeling, they just chose to show some generic rural locations that could be anywhere. It didn’t look like Wheeling AT ALL to me and I was too distracted by this to actually enjoy the show. BTW, the Wheeling police station is located in downtown Wheeling (which has a nice downtown located on the Ohio River), but they didn’t bother to show that (or at least the outside of the police station).

• Meredith says:

For what it’s worth, they set one in Philly that was equally disconeccted from the reality of the city and its inhabitants.

• aeromel78 says:

I’ve lived in this area all my life and having seen that episode, I don’t think it was disconnected at all. Did it show the best parts of the city? Absolutely not. But those parts exist. There was a real-life serial killer here not that long ago, a man who was killing prostitutes in Kensington. For anyone not familiar with the city, that’s one of the poorest, most crime-ridden areas. He would pick them up under the El (train) on what is a notorious drug corner, strangle them and dump them in abandoned lots. Now, if Criminal Minds did an episode based on that, would it show Philly in it’s best light? No. Would it be realistic? Yes.

• aeromel78 says:

I see what you’re saying but, realistically, you’re watching a show about murder. It’s supposed to be gritty. It’s meant to show the darkest parts of humanity. Even when the victims are well to do and you see them in nice houses or hotels or something, 99% of the time the unsubs are working in a basement or an abandoned factory or out in the woods somewhere, not in the middle of the main drag in front of the nice, new police station. Visually, it just makes more sense for the show.

• Angela says:

Exactly. Well said.
            Many towns and cities get unrealistically portrayed on TV shows in general. I can understand it being frustrating (or even hilarious) if you live there and see how badly they got things wrong, but it happens. Most people aren’t really thinking about that aspect of things when they watch the show anyway, they’re too focused on the main story or the characters to care.

• Allison says:

I totally agree about locale info. They did one in Bristol, VA one time and stated something about the people having worked at the Pentagon. Bristol is on the border of TN, 6 hours from DC. And we’re more likely to have the mountain people than Wheeling, WV.

• JLK says:

They did the same thing with an episode on Chicago awhile back. They were very specific in naming where they were supposed to be in the city, but they referred to the area in a way that no Chicagoan ever would…not to mention, the set for the area was totally wrong…something that bothered me greatly because it was a major intersection in my neighborhood, so it was all too apparent that they weren’t where they were supposed to be to me. It was very distracting…and inexcusable because Joe Mantegna’s from Chicago. They couldn’t even ask him for a bit of advice to get some of the details correct?

15. nate says:

18. i dont know how the music industry works

16. WonderWaage says:

I was crushed by the reveal that they made a horrible finale on HIMYM. Was not expecting it

17. Babybop says:

12: I was just thinking about that the other day! Ha ha ha.

• Amanda says:

I actually tweeted that question to Courtney Cox one night during the show (when she was live tweeting), and she did not respond.

• ejdax37 says:

I know! I spend an embarrassing amount of time on the internet the other day trying to figure out if I missed and episode where she moves away or something. They wouldn’t even have to have an actual kid on screen just have Grayson say he was going to take her to the park or something, and have Ellie make fun on him somehow.

• Ram510 says:

I wonder if they’ll be able to bring baby Tampa and Briga Heelan (who’s on Gorund Floor, another Bill Lawrence show so it shouldn’t be hard to get her on) on for next season for an episode or two. She was awesome on Cougar Town, much better than Ground Floor (although I like Ground Floor too). They need to resolve this mystery

18. Sara says:

big no to #13 – Alicia Witt’s character irks me to no end and she has no chemistry with Raylan at all.

As for HIMYM, I was irked the entire 30 minutes. UGH. Still wishes it was some horrible April Fools joke

19. Exbff says:

Um, there’s nothing “regular” about how Shamy kiss! :-)

20. Luis says:

Not a terribly big surprise that Robin would fall out from the group after the divorce. Barney was the main thing tethering her to the group; after the divorce and Ted’s blossoming relationship with Tracy, it would be too painful for Robin to spend much time in that circle – her job would be a ready excuse for her to miss the “big” events.

21. Kim R says:

5. The Good Wife – well, it WAS the immediate aftermath and frankly, the acting/writing were so stellar that I was not concentrating on how fast the news was traveling via social media. :)
    13. Justified – NOOOOOOOOO! Not even for one hint of a second. Wow.
    16. Criminal Minds – Haha…..my husband and I said to each other when we knew Matthew had done the episode that it was going to be a creepy one. It was.
    24. Parenthood – there was no history with the teacher. No friendship. Just attraction. It was a no brainer why she would feel more free to let go. I’m not saying I think it was a good decision but I can see why her character would let that happen but be hesitant with Ed. With Ed.

22. Rightfully, everyone has killed the HIHTHFARATMD (How I have the hots for Aunt Robin after the mother died) finale in general, but I am glad the point was brought up about Robin losing touch with the group. On the episode where Robin finds out she can never have kids, Ted told his kids that Robin would never be alone. I guess he was referring to those dinners that she came to the house, and not the years after her divorce where she had no one that she was in touch with. Or maybe Ted was talking about the dogs. Or her fellow bullfighters.

23. Julie says:

17) I don’t have issues with the fact that Slade knew that Merlyn was Thea’s father, but I don’t understand how could he possibly know that Oliver not only knew, but was keeping it from Thea.

24. becca says:

18 – Luke is such a snake in the grass! He is definitely trying to bring down Rayna. The show has been fairly ambiguous about it, but the punch in the car definitely confirmed it for me.

25. Alex says:

I’m pretty sure he’s pissed because he knows Rayna still loves Deacon. I thought that was obvious…no?

26. sarah says:

10) Yes I thought the same thing, I am sure she took the heels off to be able to run faster but bare feet and glass are not a good combo but she managed to not get any cuts on her feet.
    17)Some people are saying that Slade found out about Thea’s paternity by the cameras he planted all over he house. Yes it is interesting that after nearly 2 decades, 3 people now know. (I am including Oliver in that).
    18) I thought Luke getting so mad very interesting and confused as to why. Personally I do not think $400. 000 was odd at all.
    21) That was one of my favorite Meredith and Derek moments ever!
    24) I think Julia realized she liked Ed as a friend and thought she was not ready but she had great chemistry with Mr. Kinght and probably realized she was ready.

27. Francine says:

Justified- NO way! No, just no. I enjoy Alicia playing the character but no to her being with Raylan. I had no idea anyone felt that way.

Resurrection- Surprisingly that hasn’t bothered me at all. I thought the show was less about why it happened and more about how the characters deal with what’s happening.

• Scott says:

Resurrection doesn’t have an answer to “why”…and in the context of the show its irrelevant anyway. Honestly who could possibly expect the show to go anywhere near a reason (expect for one like Lindelof made me do it..)

• herman1959 says:

I have no real problem waiting for an explanation of the connection; I’m enjoying the show. But, that said, I’m just not interested in the latest returnee, Audrey. She has no personality (so far) and the fact that she had been engaged to the minister isn’t compelling to me.

• Kat says:

I’m not watching the American version, but the French version never provides an explanation (at least in season 1). The show is more of a character study. Maybe this hasn’t come across as well in the American version, but lack of answers has never bothered me in the French version.

28. 5. Those episodes were so well done…does it really matter that we had to extend our disbelief re: one minor detail?
    6. Would a world of zombies favor kids? I think that they’ve handled the adolescent storylines with an accurate and likely cruelty that such a world would offer those less likely to survive. Carl and the infant are lucky to still draw breath.
    13. Alicia Witt is stellar. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of her. And, to the question…not likely but I’d love it.
    24. Ed was a big part of J and J’s problems. Sleeping with him might have proven Joel’s suspicians

29. A.B. says:

#13. NO

30. #18 – Luke’s frustrated punch was because he’s the one that released the Maddy Claybourne video to the media in an attempt to completely destroy Rayna’s relationship with Deacon, and he’s probably hoping to sink her business too. It didn’t go his way when Deacon showed up at the tv station and no one left bleeding.

31. aeromel78 says:

#16: They give him those episodes to direct intentionally. He’s said in interviews that when the writers have something creepy and out-there they automatically think of him and basically come to him and say “We thought this would suit you.” The episodes he directs have been some of my favorites over the run of the show.

32. Tomorrow people Stephen orders a beer at the bar like it’s nothing…..he’s supposed to be in high school. That farce is basically gone……

33. Ever says:

What was Luke Wheeler’s frustrated punch in the car all about on Nashville?

He was jealous, obviously. He isn’t like the two other men she has in her life. He can’t be her everything.

34. Alia says:

WTH? This is a thing that happened? WHY!?!

35. Emma Woodhouse says:

Re: HIMYM, yep. TV, especially sitcoms like HIMYM, takes place in some bizarro world where people hang out with the same people all the time, no matter what. Lily moves to SF? She’ll be back soon. Ted’s fiancee wants him to move to Jersey? Looks like Stella’s on her way out. Asserting that the group could no longer find ways to keep in touch when the whole series unrealistically found ways to keep them in the same city and friend group was very untrue to the world they live in.

36. Mark says:

#24 Parenthood. This whole storyline has made it really difficult to keep P’Hood in my “must watch live” list. Joel and Julia’s story is simply not being written in a particularly realistic fashion, imo. … At least not realistic if *either* of the characters are redeemable. Joel walking away from a marriage so easily with two young children? What a schmuck. And Julia has been portrayed as much too smart to be really as clueless as she’s being written. Oh, I get that marriages break up for all kinds of reasons, but Joel’s unwillingness to even try to work through his issues, and Julia’s witless jumping into the sack with teacher-guy makes ZERO sense given the family/children-centric lives leading up to this arc. yuck.

• herman1959 says:

The writing this season has made it difficult to keep Parenthood on my watch list period, and I find that I am turning into a Negative Nellie where this show is concerned. Therefore, I will only be watching until season end for closure (I had seen every episode up to this point), and this will be my last post about Parenthood. Bye-bye!

• Tammy says:

I honestly think Joel has a point. He spent years being a stay at home dad and Julia can’t even make it a year? I don’t think they handled some of the issues fairly leading up to that though. But he has an issue with infidelity because of his own father so obviously Joel needs to work these things out. Julia just went majorly off the rails way too fast too. But I think the show has shown this spilt rather realistically. The turmoil with the kids, trying to put on a brave face, not knowing where you stand etc. I got divorced without kids and still a lot of this hits home. I also get why the teacher was an easier, quicker decision.

37. Erica says:

HIMYM: no, I don’t find it strange that Robin drifted off from the gang.

What I really wonder is: after Ted telling the story to his kids which included Robin pushing him away, hurting him, clearly telling him she did not love him, and marrying his best friend in front of him – how could his kids seriously encourage him to STILL pursue her??? A realistic scenario would have been his kids telling him: “Dad, Robin was clearly toxic for you and wrong and did not want you. Stop this childish obsession and look for someone who might truly love you like mom did”.

38. mommaknowsbest says:

#22. Someone needs to give Jim Parson lessons on how to act like he’s kissing. It’s too fake.

• what now says:

Probably because he doesn’t like girls.

• Kim says:

I think it was supposed to seem fake, Sheldon’s not kissing Amy because he enjoys it, he’s doing it out of obligation.

• Laura says:

That’s how I took it, too.

• Kim R says:

Exactly. As Amy said, it was date night and they obviously have an agreement since the train kiss (so sweetly done) that a goodnight kiss is the deal. And Jim Parsons stays perfectly in character as Sheldon. If he looked like he knew what he was doing it wouldn’t be Sheldon. :)

39. dettitted says:

5 – This way we got to hear the harsh words from Eli too. And Diane’s reaction in the office was harsh too, so I guess the employees and Peter could’ve known but I’m glad they didn’t find out sooner.

7 – Not really. Maybe Robin needed to get away from everything. These things happen. And she got to travel a lot which she always wanted to do so it sort of makes sense.

11 – Actually I’m still not convinced Sam’s dream is to be a model. Sure he seemed happy when he got that modeling job or something but I don’t know what all of this means to him.

40. FrankiePitt says:

#6. Carl was almost raped in the comic book in very similar scene to what aired on the show, and the Lizzie character (and what she does) is also paralleled, but with different kids. It’s a brutal world in which they live, and if there’s one show that shouldn’t pull any punches, it’s this one.

41. Rik says:

#18: that seems a little unfair about Maddie and Daphne. They haven’t sung Ho Hey since season 1 and have had several other songs this season.

• traveler2185 says:

The girls sang a portion of the song in this week’s episode when maddie apologized to daphne, that she never meant to hurt her and she will always be her sister, but they could have used a different song. I think* the girls have now used the song 3-4 times over the seasons

42. Luli101 says:

#5. I said the same thing to my husband about nobody knowing. Diane had already been to the hospital and back to Lockhart Gardner. They would have already known about the shooting–maybe not that it was Will. It wouldn’t have changed the story that much.

43. Ann says:

#18 I have a feeling that maybe Luke leaked Maddie’s video so that he can cause a rift between Rayna and Deacon. The punch was because it obviously didn’t go the way he wanted it to.

44. Angela says:

#11: HA. Good question. Very good question.
    #16: I don’t know, but I’m glad he does-I like it when he’s directing an episode. They often wind up turning out like mini-horror movies. I especially liked the “old black and white film” look to the beginning scene of this week’s episode, and the ending was quite a twist from how this show normally wraps things up.
    Also, in regards to “The View”, thank you for reminding me why the only time I bother to watch that show is if there’s a celebrity I like coming on as a guest.

45. a says:

#22 I thought it was weird that Sheldon kissed Amy like it was no big deal. when to me, it was a really big deal. you would have thought that he would have said no but he didn’t. don’t get me wrong, i loved the kiss but I just thought it was weird that he voluntarily did it.

• Kim R says:

I’m wondering by your comment if you happened to miss the first kiss episode (the train ride for Valentine’s Day). If you did, try to find it to watch. It was a big deal and sweetly done and it should make perfect sense of last Thursday’s episode for you. :D

46. Rich Abey says:

#10. I’d soo be fake adult “Betty’s” friend…she is smoking hot, kicking-ass & independent like hell! Though no idea how Shaw lost her shoes..or how she made chemistry (mixing up chemicals) seem really exciting!

47. Rich Abey says:

#7. HIMYM was too good a series to forget or stop watching re-runs just cause the writers messed up the finale. Take Lost for example: spent 6 yrs vowing us with mystery after mystery and then at the end forgot that they were supposed to solve those mysteries by giving us an empty (but heavily emotional) finale…still I watch re-runs anytime I catch them on on TV.
    – Best solution: forget the finale ever happened barring the scenes of how Ted met the Mother at the train station on the rain & consider Robin & Barney’s wedding episode as the finale.

48. Catherine says:

#7: Crushed by sooooo much more in that joke of a finale than Robin leaving the Gang.
    #13: Ick! No, no a thousand times no!

49. Kay says:

If I never hear another word about the HIMYM finale, I can die happy.

• traveler2185 says:

Like +1 YES PLEASE, move on! Just because ONE hour episode was bad, doesn’t mean the ENTIRE rest of the series cant still be enjoyed and laughed at and cried with in reruns. I wish everyone would stop being so dramatic

• Angela says:

Agreed on that last part. I get being ticked at how things turned out, but people are talking about not being able to sleep and feeling betrayed and all that and…wow. I’m thinking at that point they need to go outside and get some fresh air or something.

50. Hannah says:

13) No. Just no. Please have the show end next season with him going home to his family.!