TVLine Items: Big Bang Celebrates Star Wars Day, Supernatural Return Confirmed and More

The Big Bang Theory Star Wars EpisodeThe Force continues to be strong with The Big Bang Theory.

Having recently hosted visits from James Earl “Darth Vader” Jones and Carrie “Princess Leia” Fisher, the hit CBS comedy will formally team with Lucasfilm to deliver a special Star Wars-themed outing featuring the return of Emmy-winning guest star Bob Newhart, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | CBS Sets Season Finale Dates for NCIS, Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, Survivor and Others

The episode, airing May 1 and titled “The Proton Transmogrification,” finds the gang celebrating Star Wars Day, which in real life takes place annually on May 4. In the installment, Sheldon’s childhood idol, Professor Proton (Newhart), appears to him as his own Jedi master.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Is Good Morning America — which recently added Michael Strahan to its ranks — aiming to take on Today at 9 am? The New York Daily News hears the ABC morning show wants to (eventually) add a third hour, which would push back Live! With Kelly and Michael to 10 am. An ABC rep denies the report.

RELATED | Supernatural Boss Talks Dean and Sam’s ‘Cold War,’ Castiel’s Angelic ‘Burden’ and More

* Uh-oh, is someone dying on Supernatural? Lindsey McKeon will reprise her role as Tessa the reaper on the CW series, TVLine has confirmed. The actress tweeted the news of her return, noting that fans will be “very excited” by the episode.

* Academy Award winner Martin Landau will play dad to Tony Goldwyn’s (Scandal) title character in the Lifetime movie Outlaw Prophet: Warren Jeffs, based on the book When Men Become Gods.

1. Stormy says:

I saw an article on THR about this yesterday and to me it needs an hour not 30 minutes. I’d love it if they could somehow include Weird Al’s “The Saga Begins” in this. One of the funniest videos I’ve ever seen.

2. Mare says:

Dean and Tessa for the Win!!!

3. Charlie from Revolution STINKS says:

Supernatural: Darn. I was hoping Benny was returning. I hope he does show back ups soon!

4. Martoukian says:

I find it odd that these articles always pretend the Kelly Ripa/Michael Strahan show is on the ABC network. In both cities I’ve lived in, it has aired on the FOX affiliate.

• Scooter Smith (@scoboot) says:

Its on NBC in my area. But it is an ABC production, so they treat it as such in the media.

• dan says:

The show is owned, produced and distributed by a division of Disney which also owns ABC. I think it is on all the ABC “owned & operated” stations. In our area it is on the CBS affiliate.

• SVUnCI says:

Where I live it airs after the 9-10hr (exaggeration) local morning newscast on my local CBS station (Early Show or whatever it’s called now is aired on their sister MyNet affiliate), since my local ABC airs The Doctors between GMA and The View.

5. alistaircrane says:

I was hoping Jeffrey Dean Morgan was finally returning to Supernatural.

• Eric says:

That is exactly what I was hoping for when I saw the headline. I would love for JDM to reprise his role for at least an episode or two before the end of the series.

• Annie says:

You and me both. I’m still holding out hope he comes back in the eventual series finale. As God.

6. Scooter Smith (@scoboot) says:

If Tony Goldwynn’s Fitz was more like Warren Jeffs, it might just solve his problems. LOL.

7. scribe says:

Has Supernatural ever been mentioned on Big Bang? It’s a genre show after all.

8. Caroline says:

Tessa? Not the return I wanted to see! I was hoping for Bobby, Jo or Benny! I love the way Dean interacts with all three and I thought Jo was the girl for him! I don’t think the show even needs Sam – it’s Dean who works so well with every other character!

• Lance says:

But Sam is the one who makes Crowley’s Moose and Squirrel jokes work. He’s worth keeping around just for that. Dean is the best though.