Girl Meets World Family Portrait: First Look at Cory and Topanga's New Crew

Say cheese! Disney Channel has released the first official Matthews family (2.0) portrait from its upcoming Boy Meets World sequel series, and judging by the vibrant color scheme, we’re thinking Topanga was in charge of the backdrop.

RELATED | Girl Meets World: Shawn, Cory’s Parents to Pop In for Holiday Episode

Let’s start at the top with Girl Meets World‘s proud parents Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel). Directly below them are their two children, Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and Auggie (August Maturo).

Of course, not everyone in the photo is a blood relative. We also see Riley’s BFF Maya (Sabrina Carpenter), her other friend Farkle (Corey Fogelmanis) and her crush Lucas (Peyton Meyer).

Behold the full portrait below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on Girl Meets World.

Girl Meets World Cast

1. Travis says:

I’m thinking a late July or August premiere will be announced soon.

2. jayjay says:

They look like older siblings, not parents.

3. Big Mike says:

TVLine continues it’s love affair with this show…..

• Andy Swift says:

I’m unashamedly pumped for this. Boy Meets World was the biggest show of my childhood.

• Rachel says:

Thank you, Andy! I’m also extremely excited about this. It doesn’t matter that I’m now in my late twenties and that this show is on Disney – having this opportunity of following Cory and Topanga later in life just means more to me because I AM older now.

• Addie says:

Agreed! I’m excited and I’m sure some of the negative commenters would be just as excited if it were a show from their childhood.

• lauren says:

Spoken like someone whose Topanga poster didn’t return his feelings as a pubsecent teen. Seriously, what’s the beef?

• Big Mike says:

No beef, it’s just that the amount of coverage this show gets is waaaay out of proportion. And this IS a show from my childhood that I watched and enjoyed. There are tons of great, under promoted shows out there (which are CURRENTLY airing) and could use the copy.

• Never underestimate the effect that nostalgia can have on people. Like with the Force, there is a light side and a dark side to nostalgia pandering. This is the light side.

4. Andrew Hass says:

It’s a cute cast.I’m thinking Disney will premiere the series in early Summer and maybe even make the first episode airing a special event of sorts.I wish the series all the best.

5. alistaircrane says:

So excited! I hope I like these new characters as much as the original cast.

6. Luis says:

Sooooooo looking forward!

7. Ben and Danielle look gorgeous. Hope the late Disney Channel managment will not ruin this memory I have of the original show that meant a lot to me during my childhood and pre-teen years.

• Ben says:

If you are genuinely worried about that, then you should not watch Girl Meets World. But my best advice? Watch it, but don’t let it effect how you feel about the other show in any way – it doesn’t need to.

8. John says:

OMG now I’m even more excited!!
    Let’s just hope it lives up to all the hype.

9. Brandy says:

Don’t mess this up, Disney Channel!

10. Joey Padron says:

Cast photo looks great. excited to show. Hope they release a trailer soon.

11. Iakovos says:

Please, Disney, minimize that horrid overacting and mugging you allow your tweens and teens to do in the name of entertainment. (Ahem… Miley Cyrus… ahem!) Subtlety and shading can work on young people, too!

GIRL MEETS WORLD can be a lovely series. Here’s hoping! Shame ABC cannot develop something like this for a rebooted TGIF. Broadcast television is so sad of late.

12. Addie says:

I’ll admit that I’m still curious as to why they got rid of the older brother, but maybe they didn’t want Riley to be that much like Cory.

13. rachelle says:

I’m sooooooo excited!! =D =D =D

14. Paloma says:

What a generic looking family. And generic friends. No doubt the kids will have auto-tuned hits on radio disney within a month.

15. animegirl31 says:

I can’t wait for this show!!!!!!

16. Josh Golden says:

Having been to a few of the tapings, I can honestly say that this show is a gem amongst current tween sitcoms. The old cast slips right back into their roles with ease, and the newbies – the kids – absolutely nail it. Something for everyone. No need to fret.

17. Linda says:

Is it just me or do the girls in every Disney show look the same?? Cute, perky, and long, wavy hair always parted on the side.

18. Liz says:

I heard end of June. I love that the colorful background is a map of the world. I see South America and Africa. I can’t wait!

19. melody says:

SO excited for this show! Loved ‘Boy meets world’…good, clean, fun show…glad to have another just like it coming out. Loved Cory & Topanga…anxious to see them grown up, married and with children of their own (Cory as a dad should be very interesting). Can’t wait for ‘Girl meets world’ to be released!

20. Shirlann says:

I really want to see Corys older brother in the show all the time! He made the show worth watching. He is a great wing man and funny as hell!

21. Shirlann says:

I’m 50 yrs. old and still watch the re-runs! The best ones are with the older brother, and damn I can’t remember his name in the show but it will come to me soon!Was it Eric?