Exclusive

Exclusive Scandal Sneak Peek: Will Olivia Bargain With the Devil to Save Fitz?

We hope Olivia knows what she’s doing! In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek of Thursday’s Scandal (ABC, 10/9c), the Gladiatrix forms an alliance with the only person more terrifying than Sally Langston with a letter opener — but only on one very specific condition.

RELATED | Scandal Recap: Let’s Start the First Family Feud!

“If I’m going to work with you, I need you to promise me something,” Olivia tells Papa Pope in the clip below. “You won’t harm the President.”

But will Rowan agree to his daughter’s terms? This is the man who said Fitz wouldn’t see his second term, after all.

Hit PLAY on the video below to see if Rowan and Olivia can strike a deal, then drop a comment: How will this all turn out?

_

Loading video...

1. herman1959 says:

Wow, between Rowan’s taste for revenge and Jake’s statement “Let’s see how it plays out”, Fitz better have 9 lives. Remember that episode “Molly, You in Danger Girl?…..ditto for Fitz. Shonda loves the use of foreshadowing in this series and Scandal has been foreshadowing to death. Somebody/ies will definitely turn up dead by the season finale, but I don’t think it will be Fitz – how many times can the same president suffer an assassination attempt? But, someone else could get in the way and get shot – OK, let’s all say it together: PLEASE LET IT BE QUINN!

• Jaynie says:

I want it to be Charlie!

• Morgan says:

I think Sally’s next…even though she seemed to go back to normal at the debate, I have a feeling she’s just as much of a loose cannon as she was before and will get killed before blabbing.

• molly says:

Not quinn!! Love her. At this rate..let it be olivia….at least it will put a stop to the quivering mess she s become in the past few episodes!!

• Kendy says:

Erm….the show is about Olivia Pope? No Olivia Pope, no show. And Quinn needs to die more than anybody. Except for maybe Jake. His ass can die too.

• vjl74 says:

uuuhhhhh, the show is Olivia Pope: S T O P – H A T I N G! Quinn neeedddsss 2 go! But Quinn’s husband in real life is one of the directors’ or something like that.

2. Girlie Q says:

I think Shonda will surprise us all and let Olivia get shot.

• herman1959 says:

Hmmmm, I never thought about Olivia being shot.

• Kayla says:

That would be brilliant if she let Olivia get shot, man the sky would fall, love her bad but she needs a wake up call and so too does everybody else of course she cant die but man that would have aaaaaalllllllot of ripple effects, for daddy Pope, mama Pope ,Fitz, Jake, Cyrus, the team hey that would be crazy

3. Kat Aston says:

The old Olivia Pope will be back next season, I’m sure the pregnancy and all had a lot to do with the way the writers made her more vulnerable this season. Finding all about her dad and thinking her mom was dead since she was twelve, would make anybody a little less fierce, but still she’s held it together as a professional business woman and still juggling two men. She’s human and I’m glad they showed that side of her. The lead of the show usually takes a knock down, but they always come roaring back. They should write where someone is attempting to shoot Fitz, but accidentally shoots Mellie, and then she would confess to Fitz in the hospital about BiG J (that’s the only way she’ll ever tell him) thinking she’s going to die. Then he would feel guilty and would have to nurse her back to health, and you know Mellie would use it to her advantage, LOL.

• Skybox says:

I agree. The poster for the season basically showed us she would look reflective and stand alone. That’s what this season was/is about – after all is said and done she stands alone. She now realizes it and next season she’ll be fierce as ever. But she had to be knocked around to realize it. It’s only her – no Fitz, no gladiators, just her. I would like to see many of us get hit like she did this season and still have half her fortitude.

• vjl74 says:

I love your insight on this one… Wow, that will be an awesome script – grrr8 storyline!

4. i think the two who probably get killed are Charlie and Quinn. they have worn out their usefulness to me. I also think Olivia dad will accept her to not harm the president in order to save fitz. it’s going to be interesting no matter how it turns out.

5. Skybox says:

I think Rowan will agree not to kill Fitz if she agrees to leave Fitz alone for good.

6. Cynthia says:

Rowan will become more sympathetic as she bonds with her daughter, which means he will die by Fitz order, thus creating a much needed brake between the awful lovebirds. (But it won’t be done by Jake, too obviuos). Charlie will bite it too, probably6 Quinn

• Cynthia says:

DAMN PHONE! …by Quinn’s hand, who was tasked with Rowan’s offing but could’n do it, and she will eventually return to the gang next season (and I must be dumb but she’s one one few I like, but in her old form obvs). And yes, Mellie will spill the beans somehow.

• Cynthia says:

And yes, I wrote Rowan is a she because I believe MomaPope is a he (another Omg moment, Shonda?), who better stay in light recurring status a la Alias, trolling Olivia with her unlikly-source-wisdom.

7. Cheyenne says:

Pick one or more:
    a) Rowan dies trying to save Olivia from Mama Pope and/or Jake
    b) Jake or Huck kills Mama Pope
    c) Mama Pope kills Adnan
    d) Somebody kills Charlie (good riddance, I’m tired of him)
    e) Sally goes bananas and ends up in a nuthouse
    f) Andrew dies trying to save Mellie from somebody and Fitz has to pick a new running mate

8. azu says:

Frankly, scandal is a mess right now

9. Ruh says:

Ya all fans
    Ya all should forgives the mess
    They writers procduers and anybody who working for scandals are trying to keep the fans watching and hopefully keep Kerry happy
    Don’t ya all realize the commit mrs Kerry made to the show and the fans
    Give them a flipping break
    In time the show will be back to where it’s suppose be
    Btw still believe in Quinn

10. Skitz says:

I think Rowan will die, and i think the reason he gave liv the info about b316’s funding is because he knows his days are limited, maybe both her parents will be killed together

11. Elizabeth says:

I don’t know why some people complaining. I think the show got 100% better in season 3. It is much interesting and has more depth. I really hope they will continue like this. They made Olivia a human – what is the problem, she still does her job. I really hated the way she was presented in previous seasons like she is a God with a bullet proof body and can fix anything on earth – it was like watching James Bond films. Now I like everything about this show and have warmly recommended to many people.