Idol's Majesty Rose Talks Early Front-Runner Status, Frozen Fumble, Coldplay Covers

american-idol-finalist-majesty-rose-season-13-exit-interviewClap along if you feel like hearing Majesty Rose‘s truth.

Actually, you don’t even need to put your hands together. That’s because American Idol‘s 9th-place finisher has come to TVLine HQ for a Google Hangout with Reality Check host Michael Slezak.

RELATED | Pharrell Williams Named New Voice Coach

On the agenda: Majesty’s stunning audition to Coldplay’s “Violet Hill” and her standout work in Season 13’s early rounds (especially her Rush Week rendition of “Happy”); the pressure of being perceived as an early front-runner; and the thinking that went into song choices like “Let It Go” and “Shake It Out” — choices that contributed to her somewhat surprising early ouster.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From American Idol, Hannibal, Good Wife, Brooklyn, Revenge, Helix and More

Tune in from approximately 3:30-4:00pm ET for the live Q&A, where they’ll cover all those topics and more.

And if you don’t get to watch the interview live, fret not. You can watch a replay below starting around 4:05!

1. Simon says:

Not that I mind watching the replay afterward, but if you’re going to make the effort to provide us with a live interview, it’s a little bit pointless to announce it 5 minutes before it starts. Just sayin’…

• David says:

COMPLETELY AGREE! I asked Michael on twitter because I really wanted to be a part of this live, but he did not answer. VERY dissapointing.

2. Apey says:

What a great interview! I have a whole new appreciation for Majesty; she is so likeable!

3. MamaLis says:

Oh Majesty. You’re a sweetheart. I was a fan throughout the season, as was my 10 year old son (you were his favorite!) In fact, you had a LOT of fans within this blog.
    Who knows what happened, but I’m glad to see you can laugh about it.

You’ll be missed on the show.

Keep moving forward and keep finding your voice!

4. deedee says:

Purely by chance I caught this live about 2 minutes in. Majesty is very cute! I’m still bummed that she’s out of the competition, but glad she seems ok with it.

5. MamaLis says:

Also Michael, way to try get behind the “Velvet Curtain” in terms of the whole mentoring thing and Randy. There sure ISN’T a lot of footage this year on mentoring and song choices, etc. Something’ ain’t right.

• Julie Anderson says:

I was so happy he kept bringing it back to that (discreetly). She is such a sweetheart, but not yet knowledgeable about her own musical strengths or limitations. An insightful mentor would have made a world of difference.

6. Karen says:

Great interview (not that I was expecting anything less). Majesty definitely went home too early. And she would have done this week’s theme so well, because she arguably had the best audition this year. Hope she goes out into the world and kills it :)

• Ben says:

She did. You know, the more I think about it, the more the elimination of Majesty feels like a real travesty. 9!! Thats just nuts. I wish it had been CJ or Sam (or indeed, Dexter). This season won’t be as diverse without Majesty.

7. DS says:

“For every Jennifer Hudson there are 3 or 4 contestants who don’t follow that path.”
    Oh Michael, if only… but let’s consider realistically that it is closer to 3-4 contestants in 13 seasons who actually do follow that path…

Anyways, as usual, good interview. Look forward every week to your work. Been an idol fan since its inception, and a fan of yours since Season7 (I believe that was when you started, no?). Majesty seems goofy and likeable. Not the greatest crop of talent this year, but hopefully things turn around soon.

8. So Randy comes in during rehearsal when everything is pretty much done and set in stone already. Interesting. So he’s basically just a figurehead with no real purpose at all. How can I get a job like this?

9. 2cents says:

Majesty appears to be guileless about her Idol journey, which is not necessarily a bad thing and can be quite endearing to viewers. I just wish she would have been a bit more cunning and had a stronger plan because I think she really has something special. She could have mined some songs from the Janet Jackson catalog to great effect. You don’t have to have a huge voice to be a success.

• deedee says:

Hey, I’ve also been saying that she should break out some Janet! Now, there’s a woman with a thin, weak voice who knows how to make it work.
      Majesty went into this on a whim and never planned a career in music in the first place. Too bad, because she didn’t take the time to think through her Idol journey. She had a real shot at a high finish — even a win — if she actually played the game. Oh well, but she’s a free spirit, and that’s part of what makes her special.

10. Honey Barlett says:

Blame R Jackson, allowing her to sing songs with long high notes that she couldn’t perform well. She still should not be gone, FOR SURE!

11. Mark says:

She’s so delightful! I’m saddened that she’s gone, but I understand. She didn’t have enough experience to really know what kind of artist she is or can be. Poor decisions on her part and a lack of useful feedback from the coaches and producers did her in. I still think she has the most potential of anyone from this cast, if she decides to go for it. I’m not sure that she will, however.

12. Joe says:

I hope every moron who came into the message boards calling Majesty “stuck up” feels awful about themselves. She’s actually a model of what you want a young woman to be like. They should’ve saved her since she would’ve had a moment this week. I have a feeling they’re holding it for Malaya so she can run around the stage like a lunatic screaming and hyperventilating after they save her.

• Jojo says:

Now I like majesty, but your description of Malaya aptly describes majesty during let it go and her save me performance..

13. jp2 says:

It’s ok – she can go onto better things. After all, Jennifer Hudson, who should have won her season got thrown off because Simon had an issue with her weight. She showed him and the show.

14. Grumpy Kitty says:

Majesty you rock it! So amazingly adorable…. I see you as a Disney Princess. All the Best!

15. quana says:

I am so proud to say that Majesty Rose is from my hometown…Majesty you are Goldsboro’ s American Idol!!