Exclusive

Exclusive The Following Sneak Peek: Will Ryan Figure Out Joe's Switcheroo in Time?

When Joe Carroll’s followers stage an attack at a bakery in Monday’s episode of The Following, Ryan Hardy knows something doesn’t smell right — and it’s not just the delicious odor of piping hot croissants.

As you’ll see in this exclusive sneak peek at the hour (which airs at 9/8c), Ryan and Mike arrive on the scene and quickly realize — despite the chaos and white-masked miscreants — something far worse is going on elsewhere.

RELATED | Fox Renews Mindy ProjectNew Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following

If it hasn’t already begun, press PLAY on the video below to watch the terrible realization dawn on Ryan.

1. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Joe Caroll NEEDS to get rid of that Lily Grey bitch. Since she’s still out there and stealing HIS thunder when it comes to crazy serial killers on the loose! Plus i think Max and Mike are gonna hook up.

2. dig says:

am I supposed to care about Mike and Max? we get it, they want to hook up. who cares? and in a show with killing after killing and new characters ALWAYS eventually being part of the cult or having some connection through family, they bring back someone who was stabbed repeatedly to the point where we saw the person die?

it went off the rails, such a strong 95 percent of the first season

3. DarkDefender says:

This season is really hitting its stride. Much better than season 1.. I cannot wait to see how it goes.

4. Michael says:

The FBI on The Following figuring something out is something that would never EVER happen. They are embarrassing to watch.

5. RyanG says:

I agree this season is better than last season when I stopped watching after 4-5 episodes.
    I also agree the FBI in this show is brutally inept but again, last year, they were so much worse which is why I quit watching.
    Lastly, the more I watch this year, the more I get the sick feeling that some twisted, demented mind out there is getting ideas.

6. Gina says:

Can’t wait for tonight’s episode, this is such a great series, I’ve been a fan since s1e1, this is just great! Joe Carroll needs to get rid a Gray and her puppeteers.

7. John says:

This season is way better but I agree that the FBI is not very smart and in the way they conduct themselves. It seems as though they really don’t believe Ryan. Except for the new director. I really look fowar d yo every episode. Better than criminal minds

8. Overthinking says:

I agree that this season is a bit better than last season. Having said that what do the writers have against the police, FBI and such.

I couldn’t believe it> The U.S. Marshall let the fake nurse go into one of the crazy twins room (what his face) without asking or checking her badge. Isn’t this supposed to be a secure wing??? Sheesh!

And how did Lily find out that one of her crazies was being held in the hospital. A few episodes ago she thought her son was dead and vowed to destroy Ryan and company for killing her son.