Ratings: Hannibal and The Neighbors Rise, Dixie Flat, Enlisted and Rake Dip

Ratings HannibalNBC’s Hannibal this Friday drew 3.5 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, rising 33 and 11 percent week-to-week (now that SoCal earthquake coverage has been subtracted from the data).

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Dixie, Hannibal, Enlisted and 25 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Whose Line (1.74 mil/0.5) dipped a tenth, while bubble drama Hart of Dixie (1.1 mil/0.3) was flat.

FOX | Rake (1.9 mil/0.4) and the now-on-hiatus Enlisted (1.4 mil/0.4) both slipped a tenth, while the penultimate Raising Hope (1.6 mil/0.5) rose a tenth.

ABC | Last Man Standing (6.2 mil/1.4) ticked up a tenth, while fellow bubble comedy The Neighbors (4 mil/1.1) rose two tenths.

1. DL says:

Yay, Hannibal! Season 3, please, oh please! :D

• Mike says:

Last night’s crime scne was probably the best crime scene ive seen in years! Horrifying & shocking (death wasnt shocking, but the way it was presented was fantastic!). Actually gave me chills. Made me remember Rita’s death on Dexter.

• AtariBaby says:

Pretty sure the plan has been for two seasons for a long time now. I’m assuming you saw the opener of Season 2, so you know what’s coming in a couple of weeks. Hard to imagine going beyond that sequence of events.

• Jon says:

Bryan Fuller has stated that he envisions Hannibal as a 7-season show. The first 3 seasons would be a build up, season 4 would be an adaptation of Red Dragon, and seasons 5-7 would be what comes after.

• Hannah says:

Nobody is going to miss Jack anyway, and this being a prequel to Red Dragon/Silence of the lambs, there’s definitely more stories to tell (and I want them to introduce Clarisse st one point)!

• Cynthia says:

I would miss Jack. I like the nature of his character.

• DL says:

MGM has the rights to the Clarice Starling character at the moment (as well as any other “Lambs”-specific characters), but Bryan Fuller’s commented that he’s hopeful a deal can be brokered for season 5. Either that, or he’d introduce a Starling-esque character as a substitute.

• AtariBaby says:

I stand corrected! I’m certain I had read last year they were planning a second season only. I am thrilled to read that the creators plan many sweeping story arcs.

I also like that no one is safe, seeing as how at least one character is already dead ahead of their demise in the books/films.

• Katie says:

Actually it’s pretty easy to imagine when there are multiple novels of content that take place afterwards and Bryan Fuller himself has said he’s mapped out seven seasons.

• Katie says:

Seconded!

2. Kate says:

I’m really hoping they try out enlisted on another night. I know it’s on hiatus but I think if they played with it they could find it an audience. Friday nights are awful.

3. amanda says:

Is Hannibal adjusted for being preempted for earthquake coverage in the LA area?

4. Jon says:

The absolutely terrible Rake is bringing down Enlisted, one of my favorite new shows.

• ChicagoDan says:

Enlisted problems existed long before the horrible Rake. Too bad FOX decided to shelve instead of trying it out on Tuesday nights. It’s not like Glee is doing anything there.

• joy91607 says:

Chicago Dan you are absolutely right. No matter how much someone likes a show, accepting that everyone else doesn’t feel the same is key. LMS had 6 mil + viewers, The Neighbors 4 mil + viewers (comedies for fair comparisons), Dateline 8 mil, Shark Tank 5 mil and each rated well over 1.0 in 18-24. MILLIONS of people watch TV on Friday, and these other ratings reflect that a timeslot is only as good as the show that’s in it. The truth hurts.

• HAP says:

Then, I guess we enjoy absolutely terrible TV shows. I actually believe Rake deserves more viewers. Kinnear is a cad, making the show amusing.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Go Hannibal :-) :-)

6. Ralph says:

Yeah, Fox is missing out on a gem with Enlisted. They really need to remember that a few other shows had horrible ratings in their first year and wound up doing pretty well. Do the names “Cheers”, “Seinfeld”, and “M*A*S*H” sound familiar???

• BetterOffCed says:

You are talking a different era. Enlisted was promoted to 49 million people during that infamous 49er’s playoff game. It has a webseries, an app, contests with giveaways, a nauseating social media campaign to DVR, live tweet sessions, live cast viewing. None of that was available to market Seinfeld, Cheers, M.A.S.H. Heck I don’t know any show doing that much in 2014 ! To be the lowest rated sitcom after all of that Fox has to be losing money. Giving people time to learn about a show back in the 80’s-90s is a different ball game from digitally shoving a show down people’s throats to no success expecting a 2nd season. This way Enlisted ends with the people that really like it having a warm place for it in their TV memory.

• catherine says:

Have to agree, while the bros are a good match, the rest of the show is just slap stick, I tried it 3 times, for never more than 15 minutes at a time. Like Mr Reilly said, a good show is a good show no matter what night its on. The lead actors have already moved on…..for a reason.

• BetterOffCed says:

Catherine you are correct. Stults booked Cuz Bros and Cabral booked another NBC sitcom. Slapstick is supposed to be effortlessly careless. This supporting cast over acted at every turn, the dialogue did not help. In quality slapstick the characters are not aware of how buffoonish they are, think Dumb and Dumber, The Three Stooges, any Charlie Chaplin movie.

7. Lara says:

YAY HANNIBAL

8. Rebecca says:

Keeping my fingers crossed for Hart of Dixie!!

• Brandy says:

Me too.Its almost sure to be renewed for syndication.

• Alice says:

We need another season. If only to fix everything that went wrong this year!

• Babybop says:

Yes to this comment.

• Ava says:

So true! I have loved HOD but dislike where they took the show this season. It is such a shame. Please HOD writers – bring thr show back to its’ former glory.

• HBH says:

I agree! I hated everything about Joel. So glad he’s almost gone. #bestnewsever

• Boiler says:

I think Jamie King’s pregnancy hurt the show some as they had to do things without her. It does look like they are getting back to “normal”. I miss Rose and Magnolia too but they are also on other shows now. I hope it sticks around as it is just a fun show to watch

9. DavidSask says:

Will ABC cancel its comedies and try something different as TGIF is not there for them anymore? Who is going to watch the Fox shows when they are already cancelled or shelved? I don’t watch Hannibal or Hart of Dixie but good for them! Still going to miss Carrie Diaries though!

10. Zorkel says:

So happy with Hannibal…

11. Alice says:

If Hart of Dixie has been doing OK on Fridays, is it still a long shot on the scorecard?

12. Matt Barnes says:

yeah… are those numbers going to be inflated (for Hannibal) considering that EVERYONE in SoCal was tuned in at that time to watch the earthquake coverage that preempted Hannibal?

13. Fernando says:

Congrats to HOD I can see it lasting till season 6 on Fridays. It has loyal fans

• AB says:

No way it goes beyond S4. I love the show, but ratings aren’t there anymore. And creatively this season has not been great either.

• Fernando says:

It will go past season 4 because it’s ratings on Friday are better then any show lately on Fridays . It held the same ratings it did on Monday and it’s the only show on the CW that isn’t supernatural like so it will go past season 4.

• Brandy says:

Whose Line repeats and originals are doing better than HoD on fri.I love HoD and would love it if it went beyond season four but its not gonna happen.If its getting 0.3-0.4 in season three and (probably ,hopefully) season four,it would go lower after that.

14. I heard that Bryan planned for seven seasons. Based on the season premiere, I believe it will go as follows…

Season Three – Hannibal on the Run.
    Season Four – Red Dragon
    Season Five – Silence of the Lambs
    Season Six – Hannibal
    Season Seven – Original Story

• Mikael says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they removed the season 3 plan and went straight to Red Dragon next year, since Hannibal seems to be (unfortunately) a bubble show. I want the whole vision to be fulfilled. Hannibal is such an addictive show with incredible acting.

15. I wish Rake was on a better network or a better night cuz I love Greg Kinnear, the show’s pretty great and I’d like to see at least another season or two.