Exclusive

Exclusive Twisted Spring Finale First Look: Charlie Confronts Jo, Goes Totally Bananas

If there’s any doubt in your mind that Charlie McBride is absolutely bonkers, TVLine’s exclusive first look at Tuesday’s Twisted spring finale (ABC Family, 9/8c) should convince you otherwise.

RELATED | Twisted‘s Brianne Howey Previews a ‘Wild’ Reveal, the Huge Finale Cliffhanger and More

Maybe it’s the ominous music upon his entrance, or maybe it’s the self-inflicted shiner he’s attempting to blame on Danny, but Charlie’s confrontation with Jo should send up all kinds of red flags. Fortunately, Jo is no dummy, and she promptly tells him to leave her alone.

Charlie attempts to apologize, but since tone is everything, his “I’m sorry” might as well be “I’m going to murder you and shave your head and wear your hair.” Dude is nuts.

Twisted fans, are you ready to write Charlie off completely, or do you think there’s secretly a good guy underneath all those layers of crazy? Hit PLAY on the preview clip below, then drop a comment with your finale theories.

Loading video...

1. dude says:

Half the time Jo really annoys me. This isn’t one of those times.

2. Britt says:

I’m glad the story is finally moving along. It was moving soooooo slowly until this past episode. This boy is crazy as h-e-double hockey sticks and Jo needs to never date/like a boy EVER!!!!! I do wonder if it will be cancelled.

P.S. I do wish they would have left The Lying Game on for one more season to tie up lose ends. It was getting good, but probably took a little to long to find its footing.

• Lore says:

Yes, i feel the same thing about The Lying Game, this show i just watched the pilot and didnt like it, besides airs tuesday and i have soooo many shows that day

3. sarah says:

I was upset that Jo did not believe Danny at first and decided to trust Charlie instead, when she kissed him I was mad. However I was glad that when she went to his place and saw his face she knew he was lying and she got out of there as fast as she could.

4. Kate says:

Good guys rarely lurk behind trees and pop out in a menacing fashion.

5. Rachel says:

Ugh, #PoorJo is being set up as a damsel in distress again.

6. soeshie says:

awesome sneak peak can’t wait to see the season finale off twisted !

7. troll says:

I’m not surprised that this show did a 360 and allowed Jo to be the main attraction for those two boys, even though she looks like a frumpy hillbilly. It goes to show how this industry will always want their own to come out on top. I hope the show gets cancelled.

• Catie says:

You haven’t noticed that they’ve been making Maddie Hasson look more and more like her (absolutely gorgeous) self all season? Her wardrobe, hair, and makeup have all changed dramatically. (I dig that your username is such an apt description of your role here, by the way.)

8. Jenay says:

Please get as many people as you can to watch twisted live during the season finale or buy episodes on itunes and amazon. Truth is Twisted is in danger of being canceled. We need all the help we can get to get the word out. If your interested in helping please spread the word, or pm me for more details. thanks in advance.

• Johnf says:

I’m doing the exact opposite. I’ll be promoting other show airing at the exact same time. ABCF please look at the numbers and cancel this garbage.

• Wendy says:

Exactly. Cancel. It’s a mess. People told ABCFamily on twitter that they want more Lacey, and the creator promised more of her. That didn’t happen, so people stopped caring. And the only reason the last episode (before the latest) did a little better was because of the lead-in from the season finale of PLL. Now that PLL is done, it’s pretty clear that Twisted can’t survive on its own. A 0.2 is horrible even for Cable.

• TrendingA says:

Based on the miserable ratings, this show SHOULD be cancelled. They should’ve renewed The Lying Game instead and give it a proper ending. What a mess.

9. Madison Rodgers says:

Honestly, I think Charlie is stupid. I hate him. I wish he had never been on the show. He is a liar. I think Jo and Danny should get together. They are PERFECTION. and Charlie needs to just go away. JANNY FOREVER!

10. Jenay says:

Last weeks rating were very low.We are a group of just 4 trying to spread the word that we need more live viewers for the finale.Can you please help to spread the word.We will be live trending a half hour before the finale for all 4 of the US Time Zones.Thanks in advance for your help.

11. Scarlett says:

The second half of this season has been such a mess. There’s no consistency, no character development… Nothing makes sense. It’s like a completely different show from the first half. Lacey has been reduced to a background vehicle, only there to bring Danny and Jo together. Jo has turned into some cliche damsel in distress idiot who can’t decide on anything. Danny suddenly loves Jo after pining for Lacey for the first half of the season. Every single storyline gets pushed out and pulled away after 1-2 episodes. It’s such a random influx of nothing… Who writes this?

• Sarah says:

Well said! The second half is indeed like a totally different show and they really ruined the great characters and chemistry between them. There was this feeling like these friendships are special and real and now it’s just a massive mess. I would love to see a second season just out of curiosity but I won’t be surprised if it gets canceled. It’s been a while before I’ve seen a show start with such a great cast and potential and gets thrown down the toilet with horrible script writing like that.

PS. Why cancel The Lying Game? It was just getting so good… Sometime I wonder if these people know what they’re doing at all.

• Jenay says:

Charles Pratt Jr is what happened to The Lying Game and now Twisted after being fired from two other shows.I agree it’s a mess but I do want a second season.

• Nikki says:

I agree. The show has been clearly PRO JO and put Lacey to the Back Burner, even though there are more Lacey fans than Jo. They force Jo on us in every episode. It’s too much at times. I like her but they have lost their balance of revolving the show around THREE LEAD ACTORS. smh I wish they would of chilled with the “jo is the one” that was way out of left field. like seriously, but It’s clearly a slim chance of the show being renewed and its really the WRITERS fault revolving EVERYTHING around Jo . I think they could of focus more on the friendship of the three of them and mystery but its ruined now. smh ABC FAMILY has done it again, let terrible writers who have already had a history of failed shows under their belt.

• No name says:

I agree and you are right they need to expand Lacey and not focus so much on Jo. I feel that the chemistry is not there for Jo and Danny as it was with Lacey and Danny. Lacey’s problem is that she needs to realize that she does not need to be accepted but others, but work on finding herself. She is a beautiful girl and she still have feelings for Danny. The story has now fallen from my interest because of the way the writers are doing this show. They need to focus more on Lacey and not Jo. We all have had enough of Jo. Its not that we don’t like her, its just getting boring now. And why place Lacey in that scene with another girl? It just doesn’t fit. Now the story is getting trashy. I have no problems with gays but putting Lacey in that scene was ridiculous. Poor judgement was shown.

12. Julia says:

SPolier Alert: Charlie is going to do something crazy and him and danny are going to go head to head

13. tv fan says:

There are many problems with this show and it does not deserve a second season. The treatment of the Lacey character is horrendous. The video, Jo outing her father, death Regina and the loss of her friends are never addressed and she is not allowed to have the guy. Where is her family providing love and support? They are sending the message that her pain is not valid. Look at the ridiculous hashtags. Lacey barely got them because the network/writers wanted to make you believe that Jo deserved sympathy and not Lacey. What exactly makes her better that Lacey? Absolutely nothing. I know this is extermely bad entertainment but watch for the unhealthy messages these networks/writers send out to many young women, especially the ones who connected with and identified with Lacey.

• Nikki says:

Exactly. I really must say this show has completely went LEFT FIELD! It was promoted about THREE BEST FRIENDS who come back together after Danny was released from juvie for Killing his aunt and now it’s a total JOKE! It started off pretty good. Had a good foundation to go so many ways, they actually had a good balance of giving every character screen time but now this show has become the JO SHOW! I thought it was called TWISTED?? I’m a fan of both Jo and Lacey but even I have to admit, I don’t see this romance that they are trying to force with Danny and Jo. The timeline don’t even make sense, Danny told Jo a few episodes prior he thought of her as a sister, and then they jump to “Jo is the One” ?? Are you serious? The stories are all over the place and they didn’t utilize the characters that they had but kept bringing in new people. Like where is Tyler, Scott, Archie, Sarita, etc?…they showed Sarita twice but like they really don’t use what they already have. Then they jump around too much and then focus on irrelevant stories. I don’t want the show to get Canceled but I seriously doubt it will return. Very inconsistent writing , I know there are Jo and Danny fans but they should have developed their love but they didn’t. I’m all about Lacey and this “JO IS THE ONE” stuff is just way too fast. I honestly see more chemistry with Lacey but besides the love triangle, the mystery of the show is WORST. GET IT TOGETHER ABC FAMILY. I’M SO DISAPPOINTED. BUT I’m willing to give the show another chance.

• Brooke says:

They aren’t trying to say that Jo is better than Lacey!!!!!

14. Ashley says:

All I can say is that I love this show and can’t wait for another season!

15. take94 says:

When this show first came on I liked it, now mm it’s completely garbage, its not even the same show I watched last year. So for me if they can’t come up on with at least a good story line cancel this b**** seriously! Its a waste of talent and time especially mine!

16. Cheyenne says:

Twisted is screwed for life. It started off pretty OK, but they really messed things up when they jumped the plot for Vik. That could have helped the show a whole lot. Then Miss Jo is up on everything. Poor Lacey has figured (what we have all have been saying) that it’s all about Jo and now Danny is being retourtured again. Twisted also bring in too many new people as well.

Twisted has went from being a potentially good mystery drama to a schizophrenic mess. Really.. things are do cray-cray on there until none of it makes sense. Cancel the show for goodness sake!

17. TGIF says:

For all you Jo fans: It’s not just Lacey fans complaining, it’s common sense fans. You Jo fans are in serious denial. You Jo fans complained, shipped, wrote to the writers, and tweeted about JoIsTheOne, Lacey’s character needs to die off/go away, too much Lacey, and all that nonsense even though since episode 9 it’s been about Jo, because of this you are the ones who brought these low ratings. This storyline sucks now because it’s all about Jo, her feelings, her thoughts, her family, who she’s sleeping with, who she trusts, who she doesn’t trust, who her mother is or isn’t sleeping with, who her father is and all this useless information and the show is paying for it because you all don’t know when to quit forcing things that shouldn’t be done, like that ridiculous HUG and finger touching that’s going to happen, fake or not, between two people WHO HAVE NO CHEMISTRY! You Jo fans are the problem. You all just couldn’t let Jo be the FRIEND ONLY. YOU all had to mess everything up. Blame yourselves for pushing away literally more than half of the fans. Blame yourselves for the possibility of the show being cancelled. You got what you wanted: You didn’t just get a whole half of the show, but you got 99% of the show and now the show is RUINED!!!! It should’ve stayed Team Danny with Lacey the girlfriend, and Jo the friend (only!!!!) and kept with the mysteries. The ratings were at their highest when it was “all about Lacey” and now here we are on the cancellation block. THANKS A LOT JO FANS – NOT!!! Stop blaming Lacey fans for YOUR MESS. Regardless, I do hope they renew the show and if they do renew the show, I hope they go back to how it was, the THREE MAIN CHARACTERS, and that they learn to NEVER listen to you Jo fans ever again!

18. Brooke says:

I know most people are saying to cancel twisted and calling it a mess but I love it and if it gets canceled i’ll probably cry!!!!

19. Brooke says:

Why are people saying they don’t like Jo

20. Brooke says:

I liked the 2nd season the best. And personally would love to see Danny and Jo together!!