Ratings: Arrow and Modern Family Rise; The 100, Survivor, Nashville and Suburgatory Slip

Ratings The 100Arrow‘s Canary/Huntress face-off on Wednesday night drew 2.62 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating (per finals), up 6 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

Leading out of that, The CW’s The 100 dialed up 2.27 mil and a 0.7, down 17 and 22 percent from its premiere.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of The 100, Suburgatory and 25 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Over on ABC, The Middle (7.1 mil/1.9), Suburgatory (4.9 mil/1.5) and Nashville (5.1 mil/1.3) each ticked down a tenth, a terrific, brilliantly edited episode of Modern Family (9.7 mil/3.6) added two tenths and Mixology (4.9 mil/1.6) inched up a tenth.

RELATED | Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: Stall and Chain

Elsewhere, Fox’s American Idol (9.3 mil/2.2) was flat in the demo, while CBS’ Survivor (9.85 mil/2.3) dropped two tenths in the demo but bested Idol for the first time ever in total audience.

RELATED | American Idol Top 9 Performance Recap: The Band That Rocks the Idols

1. Eric7740 says:

Awesome for ARROW!!! Great episode last night!!! Much better than last weeks!!! Can’t wait for next Wednesday!!!

2. Jen says:

A .7 is still pretty good for 100. (relative to CW ratings anyway). I think this may be the end for The Tomorrow People.

3. Nicole says:

Both modern family and the middle were excellent last night!!

4. Ally Oop says:

Nashville did a lot better in overall viewers.

5. John says:

Is Suburgatory trying to be Glee?

6. Name This Tune says:

Idol is down another 500,000 viewers. That’s a loss of 1.6 million viewers since the end of The Olympics and the return of The Voice. Down 6 million since the season premier and and a loss of 40% of the audience since January Premier.

7. wrstlgirl says:

The 100 is interesting and I think the main reason why I’m liking it is because it’s different. A couple of good plot lines developing but those kids are a bit irritating. But I guess if you consider they’ve been locked up in a box for most of their lives it’s natural for them to be dysfunctional to some degree. The show is far better when it focuses on the adults but without giving anything away that may be changing soon :-)

8. April says:

Survivor beat Idol again!

9. ChicagoDan says:

Nashville tied CSI (R) in demo and slipped. It really should be in headline too, but I know why TVL doesn’t like to shade one of its favorites. Blame ABC for craptastic lead-ins this season.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

NASHVILLE has been added to the headline, Dan! Should I also make room for THE MIDDLE?

• Katherine215 says:

You should just write a headline detailing all the ratings results and save yourself the trouble of actually writing them out. It seems like some people don’t even read what you write anyway. :)

• ChicagoDan says:

LOL. Thanks! No hate against Nashville, but I think it would do better on Monday, move Castle to Tuesday and put something like 20/20 on Wed (as counterprogramming to the other dramas CSI, CPD, AHS (when it’s on), DD, etc.) It’s a tough slot and a weak/incompatible lead-in does it zero favors. It’s a big deal since Nashville as a second-year series being renewed is essentially a two-year commitment.

• John NYC says:

Just bold the entire article>>> it’s all a “headline!”: that way everyone wins for showing up.

10. Maki says:

A shame for the100!! I liked ep 2 much more than ep1. But if it keeps steady with a 0,7 hopefully it will be renewed.

11. Bobklause says:

Welp. Cya later TTP. So much potential but such a letdown.

12. James D says:

good for Arrow, last nights episode was good but this season has been spectacular it deserves the love it gets. CW if you need to choose between 100 and TTP take TTP its a far better show. unfortunately i agree with a lot of you it seems doomed.

13. Josh Emerson says:

Such a shame that Suburgatory is so low. That show is completely underrated. It’s very funny! The Middle also had a fantastic episode last night and deserves to be getting more than a 1.9.

14. Forwardad says:

MF and Nashville were awesome last night.

15. RUCookie says:

Modern Family was on fire last night. That last15 minutes was a killer in comic timing! Shame Nashvillsaw a slight drop – it was strong and set things up for more angst to come!

16. Claudia says:

I spent my time watching the Psych finale and the after show talk fest (what was it with the beards) so I’m waiting for the cable ratings to come out. I hope Psych went out on a high note.

17. JohnT says:

But, but, but according to the crazy Olicity fans nobody would watch Arrow last night because everyone hates Laurel and people would not watch an episode with so much Laurel. Surely the craycrayz couldn’t just be an obsessed and vocal minority could they?

• luvmypup says:

I like the relationship that has built between Oliver and Felicity, and I love Felicity, but I also love the entire show. However, it does bother me when people show disrepect to “Olicity” fans. They are fans of the show too and they, together with everyone else, add to the ratings. It’s okay for everyone to have different favorites on the show.

18. Pat says:

Modern Family, as always, had my laughing. I loved their Vegas trip. That show really knows how to pull off funny and crazy at the same time.

19. Just put American Idol out of our misery.

20. Phillip says:

Do you know how Doll and Em is doing on HBO?

21. joe says:

the americans was GR8 2-9t , good episode for good series

22. DavidSask says:

Down with Idol its so bad and just make you go wtf with the tri-hard! The contestants this year are bad and the judges are trying out for comedy act!

23. troll says:

The 100 most annoying and boring teenagers on the planet. If they could act, the show would have a chance. Good looks can’t hide the fact that these kids are awful.

24. troll says:

JP ruined TTP, her revamping of the series pissed some people off. The original was and always will be my favorite.

25. Claire says:

So I finally watched Birds of Prey and on the surface it was a good episode — I have always liked Helena — however, it’s all the layers underneath where I’m trying to get a sense of how to feel about the characters and the direction of the show. This show just does not have the same feel of the 1st half of S2 where a solid foundation appeared to have been laid. The two characters I really like anymore are Felicity and Diggle. They keep me coming back, the others? meh.

While the episode was okay, something about it felt off though and then it came to me about part way through. It felt like an episode from S1, and NOT because of the Huntress. It’s that it was revolving around a case Laurel was working on and Laurel needed help. Other than the fact that Sara was on hand, you could have plucked this episode from last year. And the fact that it was “get Laurel out of the courthouse,” and NOT “get the HOSTAGES out”? Uhhh, oookaaaay … O.o

I was hoping for some sort of payout to get the rest of the story moving with Slade, and we finally got it, in the last few minutes. What I don’t understand, and this is almost laughable, is that Oliver knocks Roy off of “security detail” for Thea, but didn’t have anyone else “on her”? Oliver, who feels the need to go gallivanting around the city WITH a trained assassin so they can BOTH protect an ARMED and trained POLICE OFFICE lets his defenseless sister wander off into the night, in the glades, without any protection what-so-ever. o.O

Moving on, I liked:
    Everything Felicity and Diggle. The man doesn’t even have to speak, but just nod his head and he is just heads and tails the best.
    I did like the play between Laurel and Kate Spencer. Darkness? Foreshadowing?
    The scene with Thea and Oliver was heartbreaking.
    I liked that Sara asked Felicity and Diggle for their opinion about what to do.
    The episode had a bit more balance to it — we we actually got Roy and Thea in there as well.

• Claire says:

I wanted to add to that even though I did not watch the show live, I did watch the tweets from the cast. I think those were far more enjoyable — Emily Bett Rickards is a hoot. I’m glad their tactic helped give the ratings a boost. ;)