Exclusive

Exclusive Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Emma Finds [Spoiler]! -- Alas, So Does [Spoiler]

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Emma — in the midst of lamenting how she has traded sharing Fruit Roll-Ups with Henry in NYC for the pursuit of the Wicked Witch of the West! — stumbles upon a familiar face while trekking through the forest with her father, and we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time‘s Zelena Is Simply Taunting Snow Now — Plus: Finale Title Revealed

Alas, just as Emma begins to elicit intel from her found friend, their reunion is rudely interrupted by a far less sentimental being. Press play to watch it all unfold.

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Loading video...

1. Eric7740 says:

I don’t care what you nay-sayers have to say, this show is still AMAZING and Highly entertaining!!!! OUAT is what I look forward to all day Sunday!!!

• Cory says:

Me too! It is one of the very few shows left on television worth watching!

• Jolly says:

Me too!
      Its still one of the best show, narratively and structure and character wise. I dont get the complaining, to me i find alot of hard work goes in here, making parralels and interlinking things etc

• Amy says:

I totally AGREE! I think the cinematography, the acting, the costumes, the instrumental music is above and beyond most other things on network tv! I get excited every week to see what’s coming next! Thanks for the sneak Matt! You’re the best!

• I agree….This show is well written and so worth watching! But for those who seem to pour all their emotions and focus into individual “fictional” characters (who, because they are fictional are allowed to have flaws written in) and picking their storylines to death….they’re losing the joy of just sitting back and being entertained by a TV show for one hour a week.

• 234 says:

Agreed! All week, in fact!

2. Meg says:

Getting annoyed with Emma, or rather the writing for Emma’s character, it’s same old same old; she doesn’t want to believe, she doesn’t want to be involved in magic/weird-ass adventures but she has to to cos of saviour duty y’all, she just wants to live a normal life blah blah blah. Nothing’s changed with this character since season 1.

• Rin says:

That’s so not true. She accepted it before, but now she lived a normal life for a year, having ONLY normal memories. She only now got her Storybrooks memories back, she discovered her happy moments were a lie, she got her heart broken again, she’s human wtf. She’s always saving everybody, she needs a moment of breath room. She has doubts like any of them, we can’t expect her to be strong and flawless and selfless 24/7.

• Meg says:

Oh please show me one instance of her truly accepting it, she’s moaned about it all practically every single episode.

• Zachary Flye says:

Okay I understand what you are saying, that Emma constantly pines for a normal life, and that can get annoying, but at the same time, and granted this is just my own opinion, it’s highly realistic. While I and probably many others would love to save a town full of fairy-tale characters, after having to deal with the constant danger and near death experiences, I would totally get Emma wanting a normal life, a safe life for her and her son. She did accept being the savior at the end of the Neverland arc, she wasn’t happy with it, but again that’s a lot to put on someone, that they have to save an entire town of people from whatever Big Bad is after them that month. So after having memories of a completely normal and happy life with Henry I wouldn’t blame her wanting to go back to New York, even if that’s selfish and that she’d be taking Henry away from Regina.

• Jessica Mcdonald says:

What would you do differently? How would you change her script to make her believe and what other life changing events would you put her in to really make her believe? Would it involve her family or friends, or their world?

3. CBWBDK1 says:

I hope this episode is better than the last one. The rapunzel story was terrible!

4. Louise says:

Wow… So Emma is honestly considering lying to Henry for the rest of his life and keeping him away from the rest of his family? I get that she thinks their lives were easier and safer during the past year, but they were also lives built on fake memories and this is so not what the real Henry would want.

• Katherine215 says:

Never mind the fact that he has another (legal?) mother who loves him and should rightfully be part of his life. I don’t like that the show has basically portrayed Emma as the only one who is “truly” looking out for Henry’s best interests. He has other parents as well as grandparents who care about him too.

• John NYC says:

(legal?) ? Well, curse created legality at best. Like Grandma’s ownership of that cafe, simply created that way when the curse acted.

• Shawn says:

Demonstratively wrong. The actual show proved that Regina’s adoption of Henry was 100% legal. Adam and Eddy have reiterated it. The curse didn’t provide that legality, the actual law did (no matter how clumsily written the adoption part of the story was researched and written). Now if you mean Emma, then yes her legal guardianship is 100% fake and fabricated by the second curse/Regina.

• Lory says:

I’m sure they will all offer an input in this. Charming was about to answeer, but they got interupted.

• Regina has been torturing her family for years. She is the reason why Henry was an orphan in the first place. Snow and the Prince are two of the most self-involved human beings in Storybrooke. I don’t even like Emma but she is the only one who has kept Henry safe without any ulterior motives.

• Katherine215 says:

At times I feel like I’m not a fan of any of the characters on this show, but painting Regina as solely bad is just wrong. And while I don’t agree Snow and Charming are self-involved, even if they were, that doesn’t mean they don’t care about Henry.
          Emma is basically painted as this perfect person all the time by the show, and it annoys me because I find fault with her a lot of the time.

• I never said that Regina was all bad nor did I say that Snow and David didn’t care about Henry. I said that Emma is the only one who has kept Henry safe without question, struggle or ulterior motives. Regina is on a path toward redemption but she sure as hell isn’t there yet…not even close.

• Louise says:

How exactly is Regina the reason Henry was an orphan? Henry was born because Emma and Neal accidently ended up in the same world at the same time after her parents had put her through the wardrobe to safe her from the curse and Neal had escaped Neverland. They met, fell in love and conceived a child together. Everything that happened afterwards was a matter between Emma, Neal and August. Neither Regina nor any other fairytale characters had anything to do with Emma going to prison and deciding that she didn’t want to raise a child behind bars.

• Everything that happened to Emma, happened because of the curse. Is that a difficult concept to grasp? Yes, she made decisions that led to her problems in the alt-world but they are decisions she would not had to have made had she not be sent away.

• James says:

regina is the reason henry exists. without the curse emma wouldn’t have met neal

• Ugonna Wosu says:

would it have been so awful if they had continued living those lives?

• Shawn says:

Now that Emma knows that it was a lie and that even her happy relationship was one, yes. She’s be repeating Regina’s season one mistakes and while you can come up with a whole lot of justifications, the fact is she’d be robbing Henry of his free will and doing something that she absolutely knows he wouldn’t want out of fear alone.

5. Jolly says:

I dont think Emma is wrong to want to keep Henry away from the dangers that is SB, thats a natural thinking but she knows in the long run, its not right and Henry needs a choice too.

6. Andi says:

Is there a reason ABC does not promote Belle and Neal?

• A says:

They’re not hot pirates in leather and guyliner?

• Jolly says:

Damn right lol, but seriously as much as i love Hook and also Charmings/Emma I have to say other characters Regina are promoted and now Rumple seeing as we know he is alive. To me these are central character who can standalone and fight and integrate and work well together! unlike Belle and Neal. Esp Neal. Belle is important and she is hope for Rumple so that needs to be there. But Neal is the least one with anything to do and he doesnt bring anything really. Even Robin Hood brings something and we can say this man will stand up and fight like Hook and Charming.

• Marco says:

Neal isn’t important? He was the whole reason for the first curse, and if Belle is Rumple’s hope, Neal is his humanity. Neal is also Henry’s father, a tie which needs to be reestabilished. Every lead character (and quite a bit of recurrings) on the show is important.

• Jolly says:

Well he certainly isnt important as a standalone character is he, he’s more of a plot device. This curse might be the reason it started but we saw it more for Regina. And also Emma and life and her journey. No places importance on Neal coz we dont see it in the show, never have esp the adult Neal. Since you say he is cause of the whole first curse, i am gonna say he is the cause of this second one, wont be surprised if he is and he dies

7. hello says:

The first thing that i thought watching this was the flying monkey Neal

8. Name That Tune says:

I am so looking forward to this episode.

9. robinepowell says:

Can’t wait for Sunday.

10. Babybop says:

Hmmm…. I previously thought the death was going to be Belle (why else would they suddenly give her a story?) but the recent episodes are making me agree with the pack that it’s going to be Neal.

• John NYC says:

As she’s Gold’s good side I’d both prefer she stayed and would like her to stay just for herself as I like both the character (NOT when she’s Lacey) and the actress.

11. James D says:

What is it about Robert Carlyle that is so amazing every time he speaks i get giggly. a very underrated actor IMO. This show is so silly and i love it, can’t wait to watch it.

• Bumbledoor says:

If you like people who overact. Which a lot of people seem to, for some reason. Personally, I find him and his character the worst part of the show. Will never understand how people can like him.

• A says:

This. I always liked him before this show. When he is Rumple I want to flick him between the eyes. Makes me crazy when he does that stupid rhythmic danc-y thing.

• Stormy says:

I’m so with you. Robert Carlyle is an actor’s actor. Certainly the most accomplished one in this mostly fine cast.

12. Gail says:

Unfortunately since the Wicked Witch controls Rumple, everything he does with Emma and David could be part of a trap. Will hopefully make a good episode.

13. Jim Sullivan says:

OK, I’ve got a sword, I’ll hold him off. You’ve got a gun, you’d better run…

• Katherine215 says:

Haha, I thought the same thing. Maybe Emma runs faster?

• Amy says:

They may be trying to not ‘kill’ the monkeys…you know,since it could be one of their friends transformed and perhaps there’s a way to change them back? Or at least that’s what I’ll assume until I see the episode ..

14. RumpleG says:

I hope the Wicked Witch leaving nothing in her house/cellar except Gold’s strawmaking kit is part of her plan. Otherwise, vacating the premises, and taking everything except that makes no sense. Why give any of the Charmings an idea that Rumple is alive and was kept prisoner.

15. Pat says:

I look forward to seeing this episode, on Sunday night. I also wondered if the flying monkey was Neal. I wonder if David wounds him and he changes back into Neal or better yet, does Emma shoot him, again only wounded and he changes back. I just do not want to see him die at the hands of David or Emma, but I have a feeling this could be what the Wicked Witch had planned.

16. Lisa says:

Wow. Emma you little bit*ch! How can u decide what to do with Henry without talking to his other MOTHER about it! How ungrateful!

17. Love the show and that trailer was amazing.

18. topoopon says:

What happened to the fairy tale book? I think that’s the key to Henry’s memories.

19. Rosie says:

Love this show! Its always been one of my favorites! Can’t wait till this sunday! I think Neil is a flying Monkey!

20. Lisa says:

I have to say…not really like the whole Wicked Witch so far. Hope it wraps up soon or gets better. Although it is better than Neverland. That wen on way too long

21. Linda Davis says:

Yeah I hope this wicked witch comes to an end pretty soon. I agree the Neverland one lasted waaaaay too long. Love this show.