Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Yin and Yang

Grey's Anatomy Do You Know?At the start of this week’s blessedly Cristinacentric episode of Grey’s Anatomy, Sandra Oh’s lady doctor performs a medical miracle, only to be informed nanoseconds later by Derek that her patient will spend the life she just saved as a quadriplegic.

Certain that that’s the last thing her husband would want, the accident victim’s spouse has Cristina wake him so that he can consent to the removal of his ventilator. “Do you know who you are?” Cristina asks Jason, the unfortunate soul in question — and, at the same time, herself. “Do you know what’s happened to you?”

Finally, as she inquires whether he wants to terminate treatment, she directs the same basic question in her own direction: “Do you want to live this way?” As she tries to come up with answers, we’re spun into the Grey Sloan version of Sliding Doors…

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Drops 2 Docs For Season 11

THE WORKING MOTHER | In the first scenario, after Jason chooses to die, Cristina stops Owen at the elevator and says simply, passionately, “We should be together. You are the love of my life, and it is stupid, just stupid for us to keep pretending.” So, in a series of scenes spanning years, they move into a house together, adopt a mutt that they name Mrs. Rodriguez (even though she’s a he), and she starts popping out babies. But no sooner has she given birth to their first child than she’s whispering presciently to Mer, “I screwed up.” (Literally, it’s a blink later.) Flash-forward a few more years, and instead of accepting a Harper Avery Award for her research, she’s giving the award to the doctor to whom she handed off her trials — Shane — and then sobbing in a bathroom stall (and not just because Shane should never, ever have grown a beard, either).

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Isaiah Washington to Return to Take Cristina’s Journey ‘Full-Circle’

DR. JEKYLL | In scenario 2, after Jason chooses to live, Cristina stops Owen at the elevator to invite him to celebrate… naked. And though he insists that he’s cool with the status quo of their no-strings dalliance, of course, he isn’t really cool with it at all. He wants more. In this alternate universe, Owen — tellingly, not Cristina — recommends Jason for enrollment in Derek and Callie’s trials, which go so fantastically well that, paralysis be damned, the patient walks again! And then collapses. In a panic, Jason’s wife asks for Cristina, but she’s so caught up in her work that she snaps at Owen, “If the guy’s heart is fine, I don’t have time to hold someone’s hand right now.” (Brrr!) At least, to her credit, Cristina knows that, in this parallel world, she and Owen are a toxic combo. Unfortunately, after she asks Mer to help her stay away from Owen for both of their sakes, he develops a major drinking problem. So, as she’s accepting her fourth Harper Avery Award in a row, he’s being axed for treating patients while soused. (Just as tragic, Shane still has that beard.)

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? After Jason decided for real to terminate life-support, what do you think Cristina was going to say to Owen before Mer distracted her? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Devon says:

I’m heartbroken. This episode sets up a permanent Christina/Owen break-up

• gaucung says:

sad ending for them. Made for each other but not meant to be together.

• Emma says:

What I got from this episode is that if Cristina and Owen stay together, one of them will inevitably be completely and utterly miserable. And Avery will break his hand and never operate again. On a side note that dog was frickin hilarious.

• gaucung says:

do you think since it’s Grey’s Anatomy, only Grey of the M.A.G.I.C can make it till the end?

• sara says:

I think this episode proved their relationship is toxic. They will never be happy with each other and while I don’t care about Owen, I love Cristina very much. I want the best for her and it doesn’t matter to me if she’ll end up with Owen or someone else who’s a better match for her or she’ll be happy alone (it’s possible, you know? she’s a driven independent women, she doesn’t NEED a man). And I don’t believe in this whole “made for each other” or “one true love” bulls**t. Anyway, I will miss Cristina/Sandra Oh tremendously. She’s the main reason I still watch Grey’s and I haven’t made up my mind wether I’ll continue watching after she’s gone.

• kelly says:

You and I seem to be in the minority of fans who don’t like Crowen. First of all, I felt they married too quickly, like George/Callie. Owen lost me forever when he yelled at Cristina, “no one doesn’t want kids” during their therapy session. He basically told her that, if she doesn’t want kids, then there’s something wrong with her because EVERYONE wants kids.

I will miss the Cristina/Meredith relationship tremendously.

• Sia says:

Same here. the reason I’m still watching GA is ’cause of Cristina. I’m glad Sandra Oh called it quits. I used to love Owen and Cristina but now they really need to move on.

• Annie says:

Yeah me too. I’m kind of hoping they’ll leave together at the end of this season and somehow find a way to make this works – they clearly love each other, despite the massive obstacles. It’s just so disheartening to see both her imagined alt-lives end up so unhappily for one or the other of them. If they could just see a way through together … eh. I hold no hope really. Oh and I could not disagree more about Shane’s facial hair – dude was FINE. Got a seriously grown-up and rather hot Denzel vibe off older-bearded-Shane.

2. JJM says:

I have a feeling that Kevin McKidd may actually be leaving by seasons end with Sandra and that they’re just keeping his exit under wraps.

• Lou says:

I was thinking the same thing.

• Bryce says:

Why? The futures where they’re together are miserable for them. I think the take from this episode is that Cristina has to leave Owen once and for all, or else they’ll both be hurting.

• gaucung says:

Well, I think Christina leaves but Owen is so hurt that he leaves the place for better, too. Germany for example.

• Charissa29 says:

They found a way to make it reasonable that Christina leaves. At least my Thursday’s at 9:00 next year will be freed up. This show without Christina will be impossible to watch. Thankfully there is Netflix.

• Ange says:

I feel the exact same way. Especially with all of the exits that have occurred on various shows thus far this season. I believe Burke coming back will prompt Christina to realize she and Owen should be together.

• Annie says:

HA – I just posted the same thing before I saw your comment. I don’t hold out much hope for it, but that would be awesome. I just want them to find a way to make it work. The chemistry between these two is so epic. SO much better than with IW/Burke. (Although I am curious to see what happens there, I admit.)

3. erin says:

What?? Shane with a beard was the first time I’ve ever not wanted to instantly punch him. He looked way better.

4. Lou says:

So, so sad that this is what has become of what was once the most beautiful relationship on Grey’s.

• trainwreck says:

yeah.. but not all the most beautiful relationships last forever – Sad Reality! I think this episode was true to what Cristina we know (and love) since last 10 years. She wouldn’t be happy if anything that she brought on herself is in the way of her career and success – let it be Owen, kids or anything else.
      I appreciate Shonda & other Grey Writers for this episode – it was a little to close for comfort for me personally, and I felt Cristina’s agony (and Owen’s too).. Sandra Oh SHOULD GET AN EMMY FOR THIS!

• MLO says:

Really? Let’s be realistic here. Their relationship was predicated on humping in the on-call room and in that freaky room with the wind funnel. There wasn’t a lot of romance, and Cristina’s always been a frikkin’ beotch. Never liked her… glad to see her go.

5. leo21 says:

I think the point was to show that Christina and Owen are truly star crossed and will never end well.

6. Anon says:

I am so tired of GA telling the exact same story of Christina torn by her love of Owen and her ambitions OVER AND OVER again, I simply don’t care at all about this eppy.

• Bryce says:

At least it’s not the most over-played doomed relationship in TV history. Looking at you, Ted and Robin

• I know, is the same things and all is about her, and what she thinks will happened. Very disappointing episode. In both scenarios Owen is portrayed at this ridicule man. 4 Harper Avery awards consecutive, only Cristina comes with that. I wish they would bring Dr. Teddy back.

• gaucung says:

also, if Christina is this strongwill and focused, she can bear a child then excel as a surgeon, given her characteristics! I mean, Owen is there for her and ready to take care of the rest. Why is she so obsessed with taking care of the baby once she has it?

• sara says:

So in your opinion she should pop out the kid and then leave it with Owen. So both are happy? What about the kid? Doesn’t a kid deserve a loving mother? ;)
          Also, I’m sure Cristina could do both, child + career, but why is it so hard to understand that she doesn’t want to do both! There are women who simply don’t want kids! And I think it’s important to show these women exist. So I applaud Shonda for that!

• Meredith says:

Some people (not necessarily you, gaucung) are never, ever going to get this. They’ll fall back on, “Oh, you will some day,” or “You’re going to be sorry.” It’s smug, and obnoxious, but some people can’t conceive of a woman not wanting to have children.

• tiffanie says:

Agreed waisted episode. Lazy writing. I hate what could have been what could be episodes such a waste of time cause you could skip it and not miss it. And why even put the Jackson part in there so stupid

• Shuayb says:

I think that the point of the ep was to resolve the whole thing. For better or for worse. In Christina’s mind she made her decision.

7. I thought Shane looks good with that beard. It appears that with either door you slide, Christina and Owen are just not meant to be together. They are toxic together. It’s amazing that in 15 years of medical advancements, the best things they can up with are an Iron Man exoskeleton and Tony Stark transparent phone.

8. Becca says:

The only ending for Cristina Yang that would upset me MORE than her being killed off is if she ends up with Owen.

9. Bryce says:

Wasn’t Burke supposed to return for this episode? Or was that something else?

10. Bryce says:

What a very good episode. I loved the questions Cristina asked!

11. Babygate says:

I’ve never been invested in Crowen. I think that the back and forth for the last four seasons has been ridiculous. But this episode was brilliant. It fully fleshed out the choices before Cristina and we got to see how those choices played out. Ultimately, they just cannot share the same environment. After Sandra leaves, I just can’t picture Owen in the hospital without her. I hope he takes the job in Germany. 30 years into the future, after she has revolutionized the medical field and he’s had kids and gotten divorced, they will come back together and finally realize their love story. The end.

• Saphyretyger says:

I like the way you think Babygate. I hope the writers are paying attention

• Alichat says:

I’ve always loved Cristina and Owen because they are such a complex, fun, heartbreaking, compelling, and realistic representation of a couple who have been through hell and back, are so in sync in alot of ways, and yet fundamentally opposite in others. I was looking forward to the Sliding Doors-esque episode, but I have to admit the second scenario was such a disappointment. To have Owen spiral down into an alcoholic on the brink of being fired just didn’t sit right with me. I buy the catalyst to Yang’s departure being that she and Owen can’t work in the same place. I have felt all season that this would be the driving force to her leaving. How can you move on with your life when you work so closely together and love each other so strongly? But to have him spiral down the toilet while she shot to the stars just didn’t seem right to me.

• Ninna says:

I didn’t like the way they portrayed Owen in the second paralell universe either. A sad, alcoholic obsessed sac who doesn’t work without Cristina. Implied that it was not love afterall, it was all lust
        and obsession, which has nothing to do with love in m opinion.

• Ninna says:

For me, he divorcing a wife of 20 or 30 years, after plunder her of what he needed in life that Cristina wasn’t able to give him, for Cristina, doesn’t satisfy me either. It only reinforces my belief that he’s an untrustworty man without character. Just a conscienseless pig would do such a thing, Tv or not.

If the writers choose to give him a hellish marriage, to give him the excuse to divorce wife after taking from her what is good for him, it’ll ring false to me and it’ll be lazy writing. Just a tattered excuse to let him flee to his true love without making a painful choice. A way of fleeing of the consequences of truly making a choice.

I’d rather prefer them giving him an adorable wife that gives him a family he loves and he loves her too and see what is choice will be. Seeing him conflicted facing the same pain Cristina faced this episode choosing her life away of him and embracing the consequences. Yes, once and for all facing the consequences of his choices as man, thing he almost always failled to do.

• Babygate says:

I think you are missing the greater point. Owen loves Cristina. He doesn’t want anyone else. The reason he spiraled out of control in the second scenario is because, unlike Cristina, he is neither able nor willing to let go. She progressed to the point of realizing that the situation was toxic and that if she didn’t let go, he wouldn’t move on and he would forever be in a limbo of unfulfilled desires without a wife or a kid. The point for him to marry someone else is not to use her as a baby machine. Knowing what we know about Owen, without Cristina, he will try to move on. He will be the best possible husband and father but the love for Cristina will never die and eventually, as it does in all loveless marriages, this will corrode the marriage from within. It won’t happen out of malice. It will just happen because eventually the facade will come down. Besides, it’s not like we’re going to see this play out. Grey’s is not about Owen. I even doubt he will be back next season, honestly. It’s like without Lexie, Mark would have been floundering taking up screen time and interfering in everybody’s life because the love of his life was Lexie. Without Cristina, Owen would be there just to be the Chief. Like they often do to their characters, Grey’s has written Owen into a corner. There’s no escaping that. We will never be able to see him in another romantic relationship without missing Cristina and thinking he’s a cretin, and as a Chief he’s not that compelling.

• Ninna says:

Basically you’re saying that if he leaves a wife and kids 20 years later because he still loves Cristina it’s acceptable since it isn’t done out of malice.
          If he doesn’t want any one else and loves Cristina, he shouldn’t marry anyother woman, to start. No one in his future should pay for his past.
          If anything should have teached him a lesson was what happened with Emma. A man at his age has to know that he must bury the past in order to move on or he risks to destroy the ones by his side and no one can built their hapiness over others unhapiness. What he has done to Emma it’ll seem a child play compared with what he could do to a spouse of decades left behind because of HIS wrong choices. To me it’s not acceptable at all. He has to make his choices consciously and make them work till the end. Decide to move on from the love of his life to get kids and then when he gets what he needs from another person remember that afterall he always loved Cristina and wants her back when he no longer needs the other woman, it’s cruelty and lack of charater. He should remember that woman showed him a love and consideration that the love of his life didn’t,

12. larakingsley says:

Shondra Rhimes reminds me of a weather vane. First she tells us that Owen and Cristina are it, that they are made for each other. They overcame his PTSD and her fear of commitment… The Crowen fan in me hope that Kevin McKidd is also leaving at the end of this season and it’s all a big secret.
    Apart from that this was a great episode mostly because of Sandra Oh wonderful acting.

• Kristen says:

You are forgetting that she said the same thing about Mark and Lexie being the end game!! And we all know how that turned out!!

• Soopah Soopah Soopah says:

Art and Story evolve. Even if you set out with one idea, the characters may lead you another way.

• Ninna says:

I actually am not sure she ever said they were ‘meant to be’. She said several times they absolutely loved each other but MFEO I actually don’t remember her to say. Who always have said that, were their fans, wich is very different and she expertly used it in her favor all this years. But the truth is that all this time she had an agenda concerning Cristina as a career driven woman, and she never contemplated to let them be together with kids, since the beginning. The signs were there since S6 and were plenty. Just those who didn’t want to see it, didn’t see it. She is a tremendous handler for whom I don’t have a drop of respect, but lying directly I don’t think she did.

Both actors excelled. Shonda has much to thank to KMK who made that crappy character seem appealing to so many vieweres along the seasons.

13. Chris says:

So…a whole hour that didn’t really exist in the real world. Ok.

14. Mary says:

I winced at Cristina not wanting to show up for her former patient’s wife. No matter how invested she is, I do not believe Cristina would shrug that off. It didn’t feel like something her character would do.

I also for see Owen leaving. Kevin McKidd doesn’t strike me as a long term ensemble player. He needs his own show again.

15. Sheila Bush says:

I want to know the actress’ name who played the wife of the accident victim. Very good show. Deep thought. “Do you know??”…

16. Soopah Soopah Soopah says:

Magnificent and beautiful episode. Anyone else cheer at the end when Jackson didn’t accidentally destroy his hand?

17. Steph says:

Ann Dudek was the wife. Loved her on himym and house!

18. Allison says:

Meredith’s dozing off during Cristina’s reveal that she and Owen were over yet again was just so appropriate and funny! Loved it! :)

19. Metoo says:

Cutthroat Bitch!!!

20. Lou says:

They should have been perfect together and I hate what the writers have done to them over the last three years. This episode was truly heartbreaking.

21. Spencer says:

The repetition of “Do you know who you are? Do you know what’s happened to you? Do you want to live this way?” was just so doggone moving and it really got to me. I found myself asking those very same questions. Brilliant performances given by Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd! Beautiful and splendid episode directed by Chandra Wilson! You go girl! :)

22. Ed says:

It was a good episode and like someone else said I found myself asking the same exact questions. Are you sure next week isn’t a repeat because it seems awfully familiar. 😳

23. Bouncingsoul says:

I really thought this episode would be what if Burke hadn’t jilted Cristina. It would have been so much better that way.

• Emily says:

I thought the same thing as well. I kept waiting for Burke to appear, but instead got a bearded Shane. :( Oh well, maybe he will show up soon. I do hope he does show up and will not jilt us and leave us standing at the altar! Yikes! Perish the thought!

• abz says:

Burke won’t be appearing until May

24. chris says:

really wanted to like this episode but unfortunately it bored me to tears. The work vs babies issue was just more of the same olde some olde retread. Nothing new and nothing interesting. The writing was horrible, and the editing ridiculously bad. I kept wondering if some of these scenes weren’t out takes from a blooper reel. kept waiting for someone to start laughing. Seriously, SR should be embarrassed to hand this to Oh as a parting gift for all her years on this show.

25. Jaynie says:

Did anyone else assume Burke would be in this episode? Now I am worrried he shows up nr the end and makes her a job offer she can’t refuse :(

• Luli says:

I think he shows up in the episode where Cristina *****SPOILER***** gets nominated for a Harper Avery… (I think it’s episode 19, called winning)

26. DarkDefender says:

Great episode. Crowen fans got the babies.. Non-Crowen fans got the destruction of Owen and the foundation is laid for Yang to move on to some greater opportunity and everyone will be happy for her.

And thank god Jackson’s hand survives! Can only imagine what great things he can do with that. ;)

27. Julio says:

Was it my imagination that Bailey doing an Infomercial.

28. RG says:

Owen definitely should have ended up/gone with Teddy in the first place.

29. Here is what I didn’t like about this episode…is it in Cristina’s head? because the first scenario really fit her personality and what she imagines would happen, but then the second makes no sense, because no matter how full of herself, I don’t see Cristina or any person imagining the person they love turning to be a mess. it would have made more sense if she imagined him with another woman being happy and such and she was feeling jealous and empty even with her medical achievement, for me it feels more realistic for her to feel she can’t be happy either way vs. only one of them can be happy, because that’s the way human mind work last time I checked!

• Ninna says:

I agree, but this was the way of Shonda reinforcing her idea. I too think it could be other more plausible scenarios.

• Chris says:

I don’t think it’s in Cristina’s head. I think Cristina’s made it clear that she believes Owen can be happy without her so for her to invision a future where he’s a drunk who loses his job seems unlikely. I think it was supposed to be what would actually have happened if she had approached Owen at the elevators. Either way someone ended up miserable. By avoiding Owen altogether she creates a third reality where hopefully they both are happy – just without each other.

• C says:

Remember the part where Cristina tells Jackson to watch his hand? That part of what she saw was true. I think all of what she saw WOULD have been true had they gone down that path. I don’t think she was thinking “Oh, if he can’t have me he will be miserable.” I mean, why else would they throw the hand thing in there?

Speaking of the hand thing, I love how something little like that seems to have destroyed Jackson’s hand in the future but McDreamy and Burke (eventually!) came back from their MUCH MORE traumatic injuries in far less time haha. Just a funny little inconsistency.

30. Ninna says:

So, an entire episode dedicated to show what we already new for ages. They are not meant to be.
    This SL became beyond ridiculous and tiring. They had potential to become one of the Great Tv couples but Shonda turned them into the Great Laugh of Tv.

31. Andrew Hass says:

I thought the episode was good in that Christina may have realized she and Owen will never work.So that could lead to her leaving because she needs a fresh start and knows she and Owen can’t be in the same workplace or even city for that matter.Plus if she gets a job offer she might see that as a sign for her to leave.I’m also wondering when Burke returns he and Owen have some scenes together.

32. bluefairy says:

I actually liked Shane’s beard :)

33. GS says:

HORRIBLE episode! Same old Christina story they’ve been telling for 10 freaking years! Nothing will ever be as important as her career…YAWN! I detest Owen and Christina and will be glad when it has to be over. Only good thing about this waste of an hour was that Shane actually did look good with the mature look. On a way off topic note…started watching FNL on Netflix this weekend and realizing he’s in it almost made me stop watching. That is how much I hate his character on Grey’s.

34. D says:

I think the best part of the episode was Bailey doing a morning show segment.

35. Jordan says:

I personally didn’t like last nights episode, at all. I thought it was very confusing and so hard to comprehend. It went so quickly. One minute Christina had a dog and was living with Owen. The next minute she was pregnant and had a 7 year old all at the same time, along with winning the Harper Avery Award. I thought that the episode was a COMPLETE mess. If they wanted to do something like that, then they should have made it like a 2-Hour Special or something. Just so you could keep up with everything that was going on.

I agree with a few other people, on how it’s the same old Christina story that they’ve been teling us for 10 years now. Ultimately, she is always going to pick her career over everything, because that’s just where her heart is, and that’s what she wants to do. I don’t think that, that’s such a horrible thing. Having kids, getting married, you know, that just isn’t who Christina’s character is. So, they sholdn’t forcefully make her turn into a Mom of 2, and a Wife, so quicly. Or well, to be honest, at all.

I’m interested in seeing how they’re going to take her character off the show this Season, though, since she is leaving this year. I’m really sad to see her go, and I wonder how well it will all pan out when she is gone, for next Season.

36. Mollly says:

I really liked this episode. The breakdown of the paralyzed guy’s wife was note perfect for someone whose life has descended into full time care giving. However, I wonder if it is possible for Shonda Rhimes to write a story that doesn’t involve someone wanting a baby or not wanting a baby. I am so tired of the baby stories, especially those where completely competent intelligent women fall apart under the pressure of motherhood.

37. What I took from this episode is no matter what reality happens for Cristina, she and Owen are not destined to be happy with each other, because they are diametrically opposed on key life decisions. If Cristina decides to have a child, it is a decision that she will regret and it will negatively affect her career path. She just doesn’t want to be a parent, and a child would interfere with her career dreams. But Owen is not capable of having a relationship with Cristina and forgoing being a parent, because that is something he really wants in life. This episode reinforced my belief that Cristina and Owen are just not fundamentally meant to be together, and both are more likely to get what they want out of life if they pursue separate paths away from each other. They can be good friends, but I don’t see them working as a couple, and this episode just showed that there is no happy ending for Cristina and Owen.

38. TinLV says:

I don’t want Christina to go back to Burke. He hurt and humiliated her; why would she ever want anything to do with him ?? I think Owen is the love of her life, but they do not want the same things. Christina is ambitious and her career is important to her. She does not want to be a mom at this point in her life and maybe never. I don’t think Owen should have to wait for her to reach the point where she might consider it; she may never do that.. He should find someone who shares his life goals. And Christina should let him go. She should focus on her career until and unless someone comes along who won’t try to change her mind about how she wants to live her life.

39. Pat says:

When I posted a couple of weeks ago, I thought that Cristina and Owen would be leaving together, at the end of this season. Well I will revise that prediction. No way will these two be riding off into the sunset together. Both scenarios last night proved one thing to me and that is Christina and Owen do truly love and care about each other but their relationship is toxic. Christina had decided along time ago, that her world only consisted of being the best surgeon in her field and that is the life she wants with no ties that will keep her from doing this. We knew this from the beginning of Grey’s and it will probably show her moving on to continue to strive to be the best at the end of this season. I still think Owen is leaving, alone of course, to go the Germany. I think what you will see at the end of this season is Owen and Christina, walking out the doors of the hospital for the last time, hug and kiss and then she goes one way while he goes the other way.

40. Rebecca says:

I liked the episode but I would have LOVED it two years ago before their relationship and the same fights got dragged out for way too long.

41. LaLa says:

I loved this episode. I was thinking while watching it: If she leaves Grey-Sloan for Owen’s sake, I will be so disappointed. But reading all of the comments here (and the mini-spoilers), I’m thinking she’ll probably leave for a better opportunity to continue her research – and I’d be OK with that. Aww, man, are she and Owen star-crossed or what? If we’ve learned one thing about Cristina Yang over the years, it’s that what’s most important to her is being the best surgeon in her specialty and being recognized for it. So I’m convinced her happy ending is the award and the research and I can’t wait to cheer her out of the door at the end of the season. One of my most favorite characters – bar none.
    By the way, I liked the way the rest of the staff were woven through both scenarios, especially Shane (great look with the beard), Mer, and Jackson. Thank God she warned him about hurting his hand!

42. PFitzDC says:

I was really hoping that this is the episode where Burke returns, so we can just deal with him in a fantasy aspect and then move on. HATE that Shonda and company are having him come back….

43. cyclone says:

both of those scenarios show Crowen as a volatile couple proving once and for all that they are not a good couple together past, present or future. And it annoys me that we needed a whole episode to prove something that has been beaten to death already many times over. I get it that Sandra Oh is leaving and they wanted to give her a centric episode one last time but they should have come up with a better story to tell.

44. Gary says:

Anyone else notice Alex and Jo where pretty much the only two not in the alt worlds. Seriously where the hell was Alex? Kinda weird

• Kelly says:

I think that Jo was the Peds doctor who treated Cristina’s son when he injured his head? Stephanie was the one who called Cris out of surgery because Owen was drunk. I don’t remember seeing Leah, either.

• Mary says:

Alex was there when they were in surgery talking about Mrs. Rodriguez (if they stayed together storyline)

45. rose says:

I have a question based on what I’ve seen this season: When did everyone stop drinking tequila? They all drink wine now.

46. Samantha says:

Looking forward to the twist that Burke will bring to the picture!

47. guest says:

a) I liked Shane with a beard.
    b) I love Owen and Christina together but I agree, this episode made it clear that they shouldn’t be together.(see what I did there? you can be a Crowen shipper and still be a realist) It’ll be better for both to move on and away from each other.

48. Jim! says:

Not my favorite episode of the series. To me, it was an hourlong Emmy pitch for the departing Sandra Oh.

49. Forwardad says:

Both Leah and Shanes contract have not been renewed for next year so prolly phasing out Leah as she really has no storyline.

50. Madeline says:

I may get attacked for this but I’m so tired of the Christina/Owen relationship. It is obvious they love each other, but it is also obvious that they will never work. I always like the idea of Owen and Teddy back when they first came on the show. It wasn’t the popular belief but oh well. I just want Christina to have a fair and happy send off because I have always loved her character. I’m just tired of the Crowen drama.