History's Vikings Renewed for Season 3

Vikings_AlexanderLudwigRagnar, Lagertha and the rest of the Vikings have conquered another season.

History on Tuesday renewed the popular period drama for a 10-episode third installment.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Vikings’ second season premiered to 3.6 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, on par with its freshman finale. This season, it is enjoying robust gains of 50 to 60 percent from Live+7 DVR playback.

Production on Season 3, which will air in 2015, is scheduled to begin this summer.

1. jasie says:

Season two has been even better than season one. Glad it got picked up. The question now becomes, who will live to season a 3rd season.

• Beverly says:

Just a few more hours until we know. I think most of our favorites will be back to fight another day. I love this show and will miss it over the Summer and Fall, I will be watching Orphan Black and other BBC america shows to fill the void. : ) I love the History channel and will always look for interesting shows to watch there.

2. CBWBDK1 says:

Great news!! This show is amazing!!

3. Meg says:

Yes! Best show on tv right now.

4. ggny says:

Soon or later this show is gonna go through a huge rating surge like The Walking Dead or GOT had. It is gonna be the next huge cable show

• I think it’s gonna be one of those shows that every season just keeps getting more and more viewers.

I’m glad this season it’s doing better on his own, it’s been awesome so far.

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree….i could easily see this show going the way of the recent shows which gain popularity (viewers) hand over fist as the seasons go on until they end up with 10-15mil.

5. Leslie says:

Great news for a fantastic show! I hope more people start watching!

6. wrstlgirl says:

As it should :-)

7. sue says:

Very good news.

8. MisterGrimmster says:

The next TWD and GoT. It deserves its renewal. :)

9. Jon says:

Yes! Fantastic news! Second season is AMAZING. This show is my #1 can-not-wait-until-next-week show right now.

10. tv2day says:

Ragnar Lothbrook!!!!

11. Rosie says:

Love this show! Been a big fan since day 1!

12. brenda says:

I love the vikings and look forward to seeing it each week. Thrilled it has been renewed, but I hope no one I really like gets knocked off. Floki for one.

13. Beverly says:

I was hooked from episode 1 season 1. Love the show the writing the acting. I even researched the history,very interesting. My favorites are Athelstan, Borgorn(sp) and now king Eckbert! So glad there will a season three! Love the History channel!

14. I want to grow up to be a shield-maiden.

15. Georg says:

It’s my antidote to Reign’s teen idol silliness!

16. nicholas says:

can’t believe I’am saying this but not a big fan of the Ragnars character he just seems to sentimental and doesn’t really reflect the true nature of Vikings out of all the characters I like Rollo the best to me he fits the Viking role/persona the best

17. 2015!!!!???!!! I don’t think I can wait that long. This series is intense. If you have studied Beowulf and enjoyed it, you will love this series. Intensely written, beautifully and realistically portrayed. So grateful I caught season one. I have heart so I can love you.

18. yay Ive missed them, hurry up; bring the show back!