Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Almost Human, Beast, Community and 25 Other 'Bubble' Shows

Come mid-May (if not sooner), the networks will be have to buckle down and make some tough calls about which remaining “bubble” series will return for the 2014-15 TV season, and which… won’t.

How does the future look for the futuristic Almost Human? Should Beauty and the Beast‘s love story continue? Can ABC afford to wield its S.H.I.E.L.D. again in the fall? Does NBC Believe in Season 2? Is CBS still Crazy about Mork and Buffy?

TVLine presents this alphabetical round-up of “bubble” shows — from admitted long-shots and legit fence-straddlers to slightly surer things — in some cases making arguments both for and against renewal. We then invite you to cast your vote for each show’s fate!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, Renewals

1. Jon says:

I personally thought Crisis was a limited run series, if it turns out to be a full-on series, then I’ll stop watching. Like Under the Dome, once it was announced that it would go on for a second season, I stopped watching and won’t be back for the 2nd season.

Almost Human – I like the premise, but the show swings back and forth between heavy drama and humor. It does the humor best and should stay that way.

2. Matt says:

The thing that TV executives need to think about is that there are an abundance of shows. I watch a ton of shows that air during the week and at the same hours. You feel like you have to watch the freshman shows so they have good enough ratings and get renewed. That then means you have to ignore the other ones and watch them at a later date. This doesn’t help their ratings when you watch those days later. They have to look more at the potential for a show instead of just the ratings.

• KC says:

I don’t get why you feel you “have” to watch anything. Just watch what you enjoy. It’s not your job to keep shows on the air. If it’s cancelled, it’s cancelled. Move on to the next show. There’s always something new to watch.

3. Kelly says:

Keep Believe.

4. GildedRose says:

I hope they renew Almost Human. There’s some good chemistry there between the 2 main characters and some of the plots weren’t bad, especially toward the end of the season. I think it deserves another season to find it’s voice.

Enlisted is a show that actually sneaks up on you. I wasn’t sure when I first started watching it but I’ve grown to really enjoy it. It’s like a modern day version of the movie Stripes. Who doesn’t love that?

Intelligence is a show that surprised me because when I watched the first episode I thought it was awful. Horrible, really, and I thought man, they’re totally going to cancel this. But after they killed off the wife and let Gabriel and Riley actually focus on a mission each week… the show has gotten TONS better (minus the recent computer hacker episode which was just painfully bad and made me wonder if they were airing episodes out of order). The 2 part finale, which just started last night, was really good. This show definitely has some steam in it and I’d love to see it given a 2nd season. I think they’ve earned it.

Then there’s the Mentalist. Oh, Mentalist. How quickly things changed. I loved this show. I was happy they wrapped up the Red John stuff and I liked the idea of a new direction, jumping forward in time a bit. Yes, all the delayed starts don’t help but the real problem is that all the episodes since that initial time jump have forgotten all the stuff that made Mentalist great! I love Jane and the crew. I love Jane and Lisbon (and I mean this in co-working team way). Their interactions were always the best part of Mentalist. So when the show suddenly had Jane spending the majority of his time with characters I barely knew (or liked… looking at you Fischer) and characters I want to see way more of, like Cho and Lisbon, were lucky to get maybe a minute on the screen, and even then not with each other or with Jane, what the heck is the point? If this is how the Mentalist is going to continue? Wrap it up nice and just cancel it because my interest in watching any further has waned almost all the way to 0.

5. Delia says:

On the plus side, if even half these shows get canceled I’ll have a lot more room on my DVR and a lot more time available to do other stuff besides watch TV.

6. Pat says:

I hope that Almost Human does get renewed, but I thought that I read, just recently, that it was cancelled. I sure hope that was wrong so I will keep my fingers crossed!

• Barb says:

It has not been officially canceled. However, Fox just renewed a bunch of shows and Almost Human was not one of them. That’s not a good sign but it’s not a confirmation that it is gone either.

7. Fernando says:

ABC needs to fix thier mistakes and give Goldbergs & Trophy Wife a season two and place them on Wednesday where they always belong. With these two shows ABC Wednesday will be unstoppable.
    Nashville is hard to say because I like the show but the show can be 80% boring most of the time plus the ratings are not helping ABC it’s now in the 4 million and demo almost at a 1.0 demo.

The CW should renew Hart of Dixie for a season 4 with 22 episodes and let it run all season long and see how it does. I think HOD can keep a .3 and .4 all season long and stay above 1 million viewers on Fridays, it can be a good fit for Fridays and I see at least two more seasons in it.
    Reign should be move to Tuesday with Originals, Mondays should be Supernatural and it’s spin off, wed should have Arrow and Flash, Thursday TVD and 100 or new show.

NBC should have a dick wolf night and have SVU, Fire, & PD all in one night

8. Tran 2.0 says:

Don’t know why they left off Betrayal, Killer Women, Mixology, Hostages, Dracula, Rake, The Neighbors, Resurrection, Hannibal & Super Fun Night from the list.

9. Linda says:

How is The 100 on the bubble when it just started last week? Geez, give the show at least three episodes before putting it on the bubble!! Just sayin…….

• Barb says:

I think that is WHY it is on the bubble. Because it is so new there isn’t enough for people to make an opinion about the show one way or the other.

10. Bob Smith says:

Community, Revolution, Almost Human, The Crazy Ones, and The Mentalist.

11. T W Clark says:

Keep Almost Human! My husband does not care for any SciFic for the most part but he loves Almost Human. I also really enjoy Agent’s of SHIELD, I want to keep this one also.

12. robinepowell says:

The Mentalist: It’s not as good as it used to be. I realize the Red John story couldn’t go on forever and ever, but after that, the writers didn’t know what to do with the show. Also doesn’t help that CBS bumps it for sports almost every Sunday.

Parenthood: It’s a good show and I don’t find it repetitive. The storyline with Max and a possible charter school for him, is interesting. I just wish Sarah would stop chasing guys all over the place and focus more on her kids. At the beginning of the season, she was so anxious that Drew wasn’t communicating much with her and now all of sudden when he needs her, she’s busy with her love life. Not saying she shouldn’t have one, but when they had the Christening supper, everyone told her, her kids were stoned and she denied it.

The Tomorrow People: It’s a good show with possibilities, but the CW needs to move it another day. I’ve noticed that before, with Hellcats. Move the show to a new day, the ratings drop, the show gets cancelled. No second chances.

13. Please ‘KEEP’ Beauty and the Beast #BATB . It has a lot of potential, just needs better time slot and more promtion. Its very successful in the International market and we absolutely love it.

14. Deena says:

I think SHIELD is getting better but when you see what a show like Arrow can do, it seems it is nowhere near it’s potential.

As for Suburgatory, I could watch Jeremy Sisto all day long but the reason to keep that show is clearly the Shay family.

15. Kelly says:

Believe is incredible and gets better with every episode. Sunday’s a tough night and the advertisments don’t do it justice. it’s so awesome

16. dude says:

I hope Nashville, Trophy Wife, Community, Subergatory, The 100, The Goldbergs and The Crazy Ones are all renewed.

17. Joe says:

How about The Neighbors? Very funny, very original, and lot of heart. Come one ABC, let’s renew this great comedy!

18. Miffy says:

Time to cancel Community and Parks and Recreation. They are gigantic stinkbombs that are pulling down the rest of NBC’s ratings.

19. kirads09 says:

The 100 – a little early isn’t it?! – only 1 ep has aired to my knowledge. Judging by the pilot I say keep.

Mentalist – lost all interest after Red John was “solved” and lack of Jisbon since then – haven’t watched. No Rigsby and Van Pelt? Nope. It’d done for me personally despite my love for the characters. Don’t care for the direction it apparently has gone from what I have been reading.

KEEP – my votes:
    Almost Human (Fox would be making a HUGE mistake to let that one go)
    Intelligence (It is better than it is being given credit for)
    S.H.I.E.L.D. (Cmon – Coulson? May? Bring me more)
    OUAT Wonderland (Rigby brought a depth to the Red Queen/Anastasia I didn’t anticipate). I really would love to see the story continue,

The rest pictured I honestly don’t watch and no opinion on.
    I do have a friend that raves about Enlisted and know they would disappointed if it doesn’t make it.

20. luzianagurl says:

<3 Hart of Dixie & Parenthood!!

21. Eric says:

About A Boy, Community, Enlisted, Parenthood, The Crazy Ones and Trophy Wife are the shows that I most hope get renewed. While the majority of these are definite long shots, I have faith that at least one or two will come back.

22. Kristina says:

The only ones on this list I’d be heartbroken if they cancelled are Suburgatory, Trophy Wife, Parenthood & Community. I watch some of the others but honestly I’d be okay if they went.

23. Fy says:

Karl Urban told people at MegaCon in Florida that talks are still going on & chances are good Almost Human is getting renewed.

24. David4 says:

I’m only going to comment about how bad this season of SUBURGATORY has been and it really should just end with her graduating and moving away.

• Katie says:

I wouldn’t say the season overall has been bad, but I will concede that Tessa is far and away the worst part of the show.

25. Tracy says:

I’d say we should keep Hart of Dixie if the writers would FINALLY give Zoe and George a chance but if they won’t then go ahead and cancel it!

26. Tracy says:

Love the Mentalist but they have made mistakes this year – not enough Lisbon and Jane and getting rid of Rigsby and Van Pelt was a really bad idea! Hate the newbies! The show should be fixed not cancelled!

27. jennifer says:

Really really love Almost Human. Karl Urban is seriously under appreciated and love seeing him on my DVR weekly. This show I think has really just found it’s niche….

28. TamCat says:

Although I have watched Parenthood from the beginning, it’s gotta go. If it stays, then Christina has to go! It’s gotten to the point where I just leave the room when she’s on. The writers have given her too much drama over the series.

29. qj201 says:

27 votes: 25 “don’t watch” and 2 “keep”

Seems don’t watch was a very popular choice for many shows.

30. Alexandra S says:

ALMOST HUMAN ALMOST HUMAN ALMOST HUMAN

31. Tikismile says:

Keep The Mentalist but eliminate or minimize the Fischer character. They have had a winning formula in building the investigative team around Jane and Lisbon as its center. For some inexplicable reason they brought in the Fischer character to play a very similar role now we have this odd set up where we have a pairing that is no where near as engaging when the character with whom Jane did “click” is still there. Make Jane and Lisbon the center of the investigative team again , work on making the cases more engaging (many of the cases since the relaunch just dont measure up to the “non Red John” cases before 2.0) and the rest will follow.

32. Jacqi says:

I love The Tomorrow People and StarCrossed. Oh course them being on the CW they will cancel them because they usually do. 😭 heres hoping they get renewed though.

33. Brandy says:

Keep Hart of Dixie,Nashville,Carrie Diaries,Beauty & the Beast,StarCrossed

34. Katie says:

Crazy Ones, Trophy Wife, Suburgatory and Nashville all deserve another season. I’m worried about Crazy Ones because it’s not mindlessly broad like all the other shows on CBS. It would be a better fit at Fox or NBC where they appreciate niche comedies. I’d watch Almost Human if it got another season but I’m not sure it deserves it. It wasn’t as good as it could’ve been. Along those same lines S.H.I.E.L.D. absolutely needs to go. It’s so disappointingly bad, I actually had to stop watching. Painful.

35. Sam says:

Crazy Ones, Trophy Wife, and Dads.

36. janet says:

II hope they renew The Mentalist

37. luvmypup says:

Definitely Star Crossed and Almost Human.

38. Shaun Daily says:

The 100 is great and should be brought back for a second season

39. TV Gord says:

I have high hopes for Community and Parenthood, and to a lesser degree, About A Boy. I’m looking forward to more Parenthood/Boy crossovers.

40. Shawna says:

I think Intelligence could do better on another night…its going up against 2 strong shows every week in that Monday timeslot. Im a Castle & Blacklist fan as well & Castle usually gets my live watch.

41. Babybop says:

Trophy Wife getting cancelled will be like Go On all over again (that one still hurts…).
    Hoping for a Community renewal, but I don’t have enough faith in NBC for them to keep it.

42. herman1959 says:

I love Growing Up Fisher, but when the results of the poll for a new show are >50% for I Don’t Know/I Don’t Watch, the handwriting is on the wall – bye bye! Too bad.

43. Magali says:

I really hope The Crazy Ones survives the ax. It’s so good! Also love Almost human and Community.

44. Bonnie Maynes says:

The Mentalist is so well loved by devoted fans. Please renew the show.

45. Kristi says:

Definitely keep Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Nashville, and The Carrie Diaries. I do love Once Upon a Time in Wonderland but as long as it gets a good resolution, I would be okay with it being canceled. Although, I would like if they could revisit Wonderland and some of these characters on the original Once Upon a Time. I would prefer Almost Human to be renewed, as I love Karl Urban. The Mentalist should be canceled, as it spent too much time on Red John, it isn’t engaging anymore, and Agent Fischer is terrible.

46. Boone says:

Just renew REVOLUTION, ALMOST HUMAN, MIND GAMES, COMMUNITY AND THE 100. I don’t care about the others.

47. Sheldon W. says:

I like that Almost Human and SHIELD have the largest percentages of Keep votes. Both shows have overcome major obstacles (Fox treating Almost Human like Firefly and ignoring what continuity the show might have been developing; SHIELD dealing with impossibly amped up expectations from fans of Marvel’s movies who don’t seem to get that TV is… ummm… er… smaller and not as able to throw buckets of money around) and been really entertaining.

• filmdaily16 says:

Plus SHIELDS mega breaks…I know 1st year shows don’t get the seasons that others do, but the show has already had 2 or 3 2-4 week breaks between new episodes.

48. Josh says:

Clearly there is a way to fix the mentalist now that they are done with the “Red John” arc. kill off a main character and have a one-two season arc be about trying to find the SOB who did it…

49. bobbie says:

I can’t believe people would vote to cut The Neighbors!!!! It’s so awesome. I tell all my friends to watch it. And Mind Games, it’s a pretty good show once you get past the first episode. After seeing these poll results I feel very worried about a lot of shows I really like!

50. kavyn says:

Hannibal and Community are the only shows I passionately care about. I would be devastated if either got cancelled.

The Neighbors holds a special place in my heart. I always defend this show when I get the chance, and for good reason. It’s a really cute family show, and the goofy alien family next door really work. I think the setting/premise turned people off but the cast and writing is solid enough to make this very enjoyable. I doubt it’ll get renewed, but it upsets me so many people chose to CUT it when I know they don’t watch it.

Nashville, Crazy Ones, Wonderland,Goldbergs, and Trophy Wife are all shows I would like to see get another season as well.