Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: Kelli Williams Cast in Important Episode About Sexual Assault in the Navy

NCIS Cast Kelli WilliamsCBS’ NCIS has enlisted TV vet Kelli Williams to guest-star in an upcoming episode that will explore the issue of sexual assault in the Navy.

“It’s a really important episode for us,” showrunner Gary Glasberg tells TVLine of the installment, which has already been filmed and is now being edited. “I’m very pleased with how it’s turning out.”

RELATED | CBS Sets Season Finale Dates for NCIS, Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife and Others

Williams — whose previous TV credits include Army Wives, Lie to Me, Men in Trees and The Practice — plays an NCIS agent in the episode, which will be the second one to follow the imminent two-week NCIS: New Orleans planted spin-off (premiering this Tuesday at 8/7c).

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. CBWBDK1 says:

She was great in Lie to me. I wish she was the new female ncis member. I hate bishop!

• Morganic says:

AGREED! On all parts!

• She was my favorite on Lie to Me, great to see her again. And agreed on the rest.

• zoyarose says:

I agree with you on all parts! Just can’t warm up to the new probie agent.

• Pat D. says:

I still cant believe they cancelled that show….it was getting solid ratings despite being constantly shuffled in the lineup.

Boo, Fox, BOOOOO.

• Eveline Grimes says:

I really like Ms. Williams & like her in P. of Interest, loved her in Lie To Me, & especially in A Boyfriend for Christmas. Sis very talented as an actress. And I think Agent Bishop brings something extra special in NCIS as (I think) an NSA analyst. Much different from both Kate (Maura Isles of Riz. & I.) and Cote de Pablo – there is no words to describe her excellence as Ziva & I do miss her & Sasha Alexander.

• Jasmine says:

Me too. LOL, before I read your comment, I was thinking that same thing as I read the article. Bishop is useless and makes all of the old cast members look even older. I find myself FF thru her scenes. No bad feelings (or knowledge of) toward the actor, but the character does not fit in.

2. Kaycee says:

Love her! She’s terrific in everything.

3. Joni says:

Thanks Matt. I served in the 1980s and sexual assault was not a rare occurrence. Sadly things haven’t improved. I’m glad that ‘NCIS’ is addressing this serious issue.

• Darlene says:

I agree with you, Joni. This is a very important topic. I hope NCIS can do it some justice. Seems like it would be awfully hard to do, but I trust they will do a good job (just as they did with ‘Recruited’).

• Rob says:

Very relevant topic!

• Doug H says:

I remember JAG ( from the same production team as NCIS) had at least one episode about this topic… Meanwhile, wish that Kelli gets another full time gig again soon… Age wise, she could have been a Ziva replacement with Tony… Bishop is off limits in that regard mostly because she’s married which is a different dynamic with only Jimmy married previously… More force feeding the next couple of weeks with New Orleans NCIS pilot… I wonder if they do the show whether they will actually film it near New Orleans… NCIS is shot in CA with maybe some DC location shots that are scattered throughout the season..

4. Andrew Hass says:

I’m happy that NCIS is going to be tackling a real life issue on the show.

5. zoyarose says:

I’m glad to see NCIS is going to tackle this issue on the show and I’m looking forward to seeing Kelli Williams in this role.

6. Rob says:

Great actress. Pleased to see NCIS tackling this sort of story.

7. flootzavut says:

Great topic to address: well done, NCIS. I really hope they do a good job with it.

8. BJ says:

Ooh, I love these hard hitting episodes :)

9. Robin says:

I get so outraged by the fact that military doesn’t seem to take this issue seriously. NCIS usually does a good job with these topical episodes. But when I mentioned it to a friend who served and is female, she said “what do you expect”. “Men and women should not serve together.” Huh?

10. keith g flemming says:

Ncis is a great show yrs we all miss Cote, but she didn’t want to come back so Bishop is the choice. What will you do when it’s time for NCIS TO GO OFF THE AIR

11. Tonyfan Ncis says:

I think this could be a good storyline. But based on the way this season has been, I don’t have a lot of faith that the people who run NCIS (the show) will do it justice. I know the actors will do their very best with whatever they are given though.

12. Ela says:

She was awesome in Lie To Me. Still can’t understand why they cancelled it. *sigh* Anyways, looking forward to this!

13. GILLIAN FOSTER says:

omg!! i LOVED lie to me and i LOVE ncis I CAN’T BELIVE KELLI IS BACK ON THE SCREENS! *dead

14. ce says:

PLEASE replace Bishop with Kelli Williams!!!! I can’t stand Bishop, she’s ruining this great show, seriously! Don’t know how much longer can I tolerate her!

15. Eric Simpson says:

Something I’d like to see on NCIS, Dr Maura Isles come to NCIS HQ to confer with Dr Mallard. As she passes through on her way to autopsy, the others see her, but Tony thinks she is Kate Todd.

16. Nelda Jean says:

can’t stand Bishop, this season is so inane and no one at CBS seems to care, please get rid of Bishop

17. JaKe421 says:

SpoilerTV posted the supposed CBS press release for this episode and there was more emphasis on the fact that DiNozzo and McGee will be doing a juice cleanse than on the actual case. I wondered if it was an April Fool’s joke but it was dated April 4. Seriously, it was a joke, right? Surely, the writers are planning to handle such a serious and relevant topic with more sensitivity than that. I’m picturing DiNozzo and McGee running around desperately searching for a place to go potty while Bishop, Gibbs, and Kelli Williams’s character investigate the murder. On the other hand, I guess it would make for a “moving” episode all the way around.