Ratings: Hart of Dixie Steady in Friday Debut

Hart of DixieThe CW’s bubble drama Hart of Dixie christened its new Friday time slot with 1.03 million total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating (per finals), on par with its final Monday outing.

Opening The CW’s night, the season opener of Whose Line Is It Anyway? did 1.7 mil and a 0.6, down sharply from its previous premiere but delivering the network’s best Friday lead-off numbers since Supernatural circa May 2011.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Over on NBC, Grimm (5.7 mil/1.5) and Hannibal (2.7 mil/0.9) were both steady.

RELATEDRaising Hope Cancelled, to End Its Run in April

Fox’s Rake was flat with 1.9 mil/0.5, while Raising Hope (1.4 mil/0.4) dipped a tenth out of an Enlisted rerun.

ABC’s The Neighbors (3.7 mil/0.9) ticked up a tenth out of a Last Man rerun, while Shark Tank (8.3 mil/2.1) ticked up a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line

1. DL says:

Should Hannibal be a 0.9? Goodness knows it deserves a 1.9, though, I’d be jumping for joy!

2. Brandy says:

Glad Dixie did well.Hope it gets renewed.

• dude says:

It likely will thanks to syndication but it will likely be in the form of a shortened final season.

• Brandy says:

If it keeps 0.4 the rest of the season with HoD being cheap, it may not be a shortened season.GG and OtH got short final seasons cause they were past 88-100 episodes and were sucsessful for CW.Nikita got a shortened final season cause it’s ratings crashed in season three( HoD has better and steadier ratings in season three) and it was exspensive and the showrunner had a new show.90210 didn’t get a short final season( cause its ratings crashed) even though OTH,GG did.SC,BatB,CD,TTP are doing bad and Nikita ened so that’s already five slots for CW to fill, possibly six if The 100 crashes.The fact that HoD maintained 0.4 all season except once against Olympics and that it’s twice tied TTP in demo(once at 0.5 in Jan when they returned from hiatus and now this week).A shortened final season wouldn’t get HoD to 88& I think CW regrets to a certain extent not getting Nikita there.

3. swanfire says:

I thought CW knew better not to putting their shows on Friday. Even though Nikita did well for so long. The Carrie Diaries wrecked the time-slot. I just hope Hart of Dixie stays over 1 million views and 0.4 in demo ratings

• Brandy says:

Carrie Diaies didn’t wreck the slot, nothing’s done well on fri in two years.Nikita only did ok for fri in season two,after that it did terrible even for fri.I too hope HoD stays at current ratings.CW has to program fri.Fri will be thier “syndication farming night “& comedy night.

4. Michael says:

Yay! Glad Dixie did well, too. They really messed up the first half of the season with Joel; I’m hoping they redeem themselves with season 4.

5. Thilia says:

People are missing out on The Neighbors. It’ll be cancelled soon, but I suspect it will end up having a cult following.

• justsaying says:

i’ll admit to being one of those who didn’t give the Neighbors a shot when it first came out. Besides the fact that I was usually out/getting ready to go out on Friday nights, the premise sounded beyond ridiculous and i thought it was some idiotic show aimed at kids. It’s totally not. It’s actually a solid comedy that has hits and misses but is enjoyable enough. I’m picky about my comedy so it’s not something i would seek out, certainly. But when I need something lighthearted to watch, it fills that spot nicely. It wasn’t marketed right at all and if ABC still had their friday night comedy block (TGIF), it would get better ratings.

6. Rebecca says:

Good news for Hart of Dixie!!

7. david says:

I’m glad that it did well. Friday is a tough spot but it seems like the audience is following HOD wherever they end up sticking it at. It deserves to stick around – especially since it’s one of the only CW shows without some type of supernatural element to it.

8. Fernando says:

Congrats HOD I really hope it can stay with the .4 demo and above. 1 million and I believe that the loyal fans can make it happen

9. Elyse says:

Yay for Hart of Dixie! I’m torn though because I liked the first episode of The 100 and I know the CW doesn’t have many renewals left.

• Brandy says:

HoD will almost certainly be renewed over the100 if it comes to that (cheaper,closer to syndication) but if The 100 stays 0.6 or better,they may both be renewed-depending on pilots ect of course.

10. MrsBluth says:

Very excited for Hart of Dixie! Netflix got me started on this show, and I hope to goodness that it keeps going strong!

11. Maki says:

HoD and The 100 shouldn’t be compared here as The100 is intended to be a midseason show with 13 eps pro season. Cw renewed 6 shows for the fall, 3 pilots will get picked up and that leaves 1 slot left for the fall and it looks like the race will take between TTP and HoD I think we allknow how this will end. If BatB gets a pitty season HoD can get a syndication season.

• Brandy says:

Pedowitz wants a higher pilot to series ratio I expect he’ll pick up more than three new shows especially since i think hell have at least five slots to fill with the cancellations of:Nikita,Star Crossed,Carrie Diaries,Beauty & the Beast,TT and CW usually picks up five new show per season.. HoD will over TTP as its cheap, a season away from syndication and twice HoD has matched TTP.TTPs dead.Yes, the 100& HoD can be compared since they’re both fighting for spots on next seasons schedule.Dont forget ANTM runs halfway into fall,into Nov usually..BatB didn’t get a “pity season”-it was the fourth highest rated show last season and was performing at 90% of cws scripted average and sold well internationally( for three season if CW produced three seasons)& did well online,in social media,buzz,dedicate fanbase.

• ... says:

The CW only did six pilots, though, so there’s no way they pick up five new series. That few pilots signals lack of faith in their development. I still think Tomorrow People is dead and Hart is alive, though; the real wild card here is The Carrie Diaries, since the network will need something to carry them from November-February on Fridays.

• Brandy says:

Pedowitz said he wanted to pick up more of thier pilots to series rather than the usual order 8 pilots pick up five to series.

• Ally Oop says:

Couldn’t he have said that last year when the pilot slate for CW was better? Last year they had The Selection and Company Town that didn’t make it. This year the pilots picked up mostly suck. I wish Badlands, Painted Girls, Players, Unfamous, Boots or Colony were picked for pilots. Currently, the only pilot with a premise that interests me is Identity. At least I will still have Reign, The Originals, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Hart of Dixie and hopefully The 100 to watch.

12. Lux Landon says:

Whohoo! Love HOD. it hit a bit of a snag this season with Joel overstaying his welcome but overall it really is a charming show, a refreshing departure from everything else on the network. I just wish it got more love from this site. Here’s to another full season renewal!! #TeamZade

13. georgiamadman says:

Move BatB to Friday as well then. I’ll watch it on Friday with Grimm. Monday is too tough a night for it. Put a stake in Carrie instead.

• Carla Krae says:

Yes, BATB suffered from being on Monday – and not premiering until October – right out of the gate. They put it against Sleepy Hollow, which turned out to be a hit AND ran a full month before BATB. Since the premiere was down, that was before any storylines that people have since complained about. It was purely Monday night and the CW’s late season start that hurt season 2 from the starting gate.

14. Hola allí, acaba de convertirse alerta a
    tu blog a través de Google , y se encontró qque es verdaderamente informativo.
    Soy va a mirar hacia fuera para Bruselas. Yo que agradecer si continúa esta en el
    futuro . Mucha personas se beneficiaron de
    su escritura. ¡Salud !

15. El says:

I LOVE all of the HoD comments! I just started watching the show & was able to marathon it and get all caught up before last night! I very much hope it sticks around, as it’s a fun, happy show that is hilarious and entertaining! To an extent, it reminds me of Gilmore Girls, but absolutely has its own cast of characters & dynamics. I love how it shows men & women in their late 20’s & early 30’s, all in very different places in their lives, but with the commonality, that they are all still trying to figure out who they are and where they are going. I could keep going…. I would hate to see it canceled, as the show obviously has many more stories to tell!

16. Bored Now! says:

Not a fan of HoD by any means. Nothing wrong with it I’m sure, but really not my sort of show. That said. very glad to see that it’s doing okay in the new Friday slot. If it can get itself a full fourth season renewal then there is absolutely no possibility of The Carrie Diaries coming back.

Anything even remotely related to Sex and the City should be purged from television history immediately. And Freema can do so much better for herself!

17. Denise says:

I love H.O.D. numbers, and hope this leads to a renewal. There are so few shows that are just fun to watch, with no cliffhangers, blood, or ridiculous plot lines. I agree with the poster who said it reminded them of Gilmore Girls.

I also hope that Enlisted’s numbers on a repeat are a good sign. I love this show, I hope people start watching and find the love! I need a renewal!

18. Liza says:

I love love love this show!!! Please renew it!

19. This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something that helped me.
    Cheers!

20. Carmell says:

I love HOD too!!!Hope really they will get their season four!!!Keeps fingers crossed!!!They really messed up with Zoe and Joel,Wade and Vivian and George and Lynley!!!They were so boring to see no chemistry and no passion!It was fun seeing Zade together you really could see their chemistry or George and Tansy.I’m shipping the four they are so sweet together!Or Lemon with Peter!I do hope there will be Zade on season four and Leter as well as Gensy?hey how do you like this shipper name?Gensy funny right!!!I keep my fingers crossed!!!

21. Alice says:

Happy to hear Hart of Dixie did well. It is so different from the other CW shows- no one is trying to save the world/city/species, a big rivalry involves kidnapping alligators, not killing people. It’s just fun to watch and have a bit of a break from the life-or-death stakes that seem to drive every other show on the network.
    But Lynley was a terrible addition this season. Upping Annabeth’s screen-time, however, was genius,

• El says:

Alice, so WELL said!
      A.B. is fantastic and Kaitlyn Black is a great actress, so its fun seeing her bring A.B. to life, rather then being a back-up to Lemon. Lynley was painful to watch, but sadly there are times where people in your life date people that are not a great fit & its painful to watch your friend during that time period; so its somewhat true to life. Similar to Zoe & Joel; Joel is not a bad guy in anyway, he is a nice guy & devoted boyfriend to Zoe. However he is dull and the opposite of Wade (which is why Wade’s and Joel’s bromance works so well), again another true-life reaction to what people do when getting over an ex; they find the person furthest from the previous person they were dating. Obviously its not going to last, as while Zoe & Joel get along and enjoy each other, there is not the same spark or heat between them as there was between Zoe & Wade. They both deserve better & I think there was a bit of foreshadowing to that when Zoe gave Lavon that pep-talk at her birthday party.
      Lastly, we need more Rose in Blue Bell. I know Rose has never been a major player each season, but she isn’t around enough this season? Her interactions with Zoe are always fun and hilarious and she is played by such a cute actress!

• El says:

sorry didnt mean to put the ? at the end of the following sentence:

22. Alyssa says:

So beyond excited to see HOD doing well ! & I think it will do even better now that Joel is finally gone! It’s just a great light hearted fun show. It’s my go to show! It doesn’t have crazy gimmicks or supernatural things, it is a believable show, with real everyday life things going on in it. Everytime I watch it takes me away to the world of Bluebell. I pray it gets renewed!

23. I am truly grateful to the owner of this site who
    has shared this wonderful piece of writing at at this time.