Exclusive

Believe Sneak Peek: Why Is Bo's Mother Worried?

NBC’s Believe this week (Sunday, 9/8c) will address a question that those who’ve been sampling the supernatural-tinged freshman drama likely are wondering — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at a scene that answers it.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

As TVLine reader Patti, for one, asked my Inside Line column: “Was Bo made to have her powers, or was she naturally born that way?” Well, in Episode 3 — fittingly titled “Origins” — guest star Ella Rae Peck (Deception, Gossip Girl) appears in flashback as Bo’s mother, Nina. And the (curiously attended) scene featured in the clip below sheds some light on the source of Bo’s amazing abilities.

1. zaza says:

So it sounds like the mother had similar powers. But I’m still hoping that Tate has some abilities of his own that maybe he doesn’t know about yet.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve been wondering that too about Tate. I also wonder how long it’s going to be before he finds out the truth.

• Kelly says:

I’m wondering since it’s genetics if Tate has the gene too and what his relationship with Nina was like. Can’t wait for Bo and Tate to learn they are related.

2. FatherOctavian says:

I’m a big fan of Ella Rae Peck but in the past she’s always seemed to pop up on shows that weren’t worthy of her talents.

Glad to see her show up on a show I’m starting to love.

3. Kelly says:

I love this show. I’m so hooked on it.

4. Patti says:

I am glad to see it seems Bo was born naturally with her powers. Also very cool that Winter has a fatherly relationship with Nina and I’m very curious on how Tate and Nina hooked up.

5. Aerin V says:

I’m glad they are getting into some of the mysteries about Bo fairly early. So Bo has abilities that run in her mothers family, but I too have wondered about Tate from the pilot where he saw those butterflies and seemed to know they meant something. Maybe Nina + Tate = supercharged Bo. Hope the show continues and we find out more.

6. Victora says:

I wish they’d make Bo a little more endearing and a little less stubborn and bratty. She constantly puts them in harm’s way with her antics. I like the show but find it a struggle to keep watching. It’s difficult to watch when the main character annoys you during every single episode.