White Collar to End With Six-Episode Season 6

White Collar CancelledAfter six seasons, USA Network is officially hanging White Collar out to dry.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The popular drama, starring Matt Bomer, will conclude with a six-episode sixth season, our sister site Deadline reports.

White Collar‘s Season 5 finale, which aired Jan. 30, found Bomer’s character kidnapped by unknown assailants. The shortened final season will serve to resolve that cliffhanger, as well as to tie up any other loose ends.

1. Brooke says:

Awww man, I love this show, BUT it does seem like they have been spinning their wheels this season finding reasons to keep Neal a criminal and Peter in NYC. Both had the opportunity to advance and grow but they cut that short to extend the life of the show, at least that’s how it felt. I hope they use these final 6 to give them the growth they were artificially denied this season.

2. Andrew Hass says:

I’ll miss White Collar but i do think it’s time to end it.Plus only having 6 episodes to wrap everything up could be a good thing because the show will really have to focus now on giving the viewers a satisfying ending.

3. TinLV says:

Oh, that’s so disappointing. I expected season six to be its last, but really wanted a whole season, not a mini-season.

4. jimferris624 says:

I’m rather saddened by this. I really enjoy this show, and Matt and Tim make a great team. I do feel, though, that the show is losing steam. The way they wrapped up the last season, with Neil not getting released and Peter opting to stay in NY, and with Elle making her move to DC…seems a little too convenient

5. Joey Padron says:

Glad the show will get a final season. Sucks there will be only 6 episodes.

6. Susan says:

We will really miss this show! That great cast could pull anything off – even with sub-par writing. USA was once a fun network to watch. Now, with the loss of Monk, Psych, White Collar, and a couple of other shows, we have absolutely no reason to tune in. Their new shows are very poor quality~

7. Cheryl says:

Guess USA needs to make room for more stupid reality shows. They will most likely be losing this viewer.

8. sarah says:

Glad that we get a season 6 to wrap up the series but I would have loved a full 16 episode season! LOVE this show.

9. rog70 says:

I am disappointed, my favourite TV show will disappear,
    I hope this is not a too big blow for the cast (in financial terms). I am not really familiar with TV network contracts, but I can imagine that getting paid for 6 episodes instead of 16 episodes, makes them (the cast) not really happy (actors, writers, directors, other staff etc.) I think USA should pay them the sum for a whole season…

10. Paige says:

I like this show and love Matt Bomer but it’s time for the show to end. This way it gets to end properly not on a cliffhanger like so many other shows, Las Vegas to name one. I can’t wait to see how it ends.

11. Jane says:

Well that was the last show I watch on USA. I gave up on Covert Affairs last year because it just got too stupid. Here’s hoping they will start putting on shows with actual plots and not just pretty people.

12. Leanna says:

NOOOO!!!! SAD :’(

13. Bozo says:

Seems like all of USA’s fun shows are going away. They’re definitely moving in a more serious direction with their dramas now that they are producing their own sitcoms. I’m worried now how much longer Royal Pains will last.

14. I Shall Cry says:

First Leverage, then Burn Notice, then Warehouse 13, then Psych, Then Being Human, and now White Collar?!?

You people suuuuuck!

15. Jeff says:

USA network did NOT actually announce that White Collar was cancelled or even ending. In fact they made no such statement to keep their options open. They may order additional episodes for Season 6 or even keep the show running into Season 7. The show is very expensive to produce, but it’s profitable. It all depends on how some of their new shows do. If they tank, USA may stay with a known commodity a bit longer. It’s one of the better and more unique shows I’ve seen in many years. I hope it stays around longer than just 6 more episodes.

• JBC says:

Well said Jeff!

• Carol Kublnick says:

I am truly saddened to hear WC has been cancelled, I have been eagerly awaiting the 6th season, Now there will be on reason to watch USA, I hope there will be more than 6 episodes. Neal should be free to choose what he wants to do I would hope he chooses to be a free lance consultant to keep him solving high profile crimes and walking the thin line between.

16. apres says:

I’m hoping Matt gets away from the FBI because he really doesn’t belong there. He belongs in the wild with the other gypsies and thieves. The FBI showed him how they like thieves and Matt’s character adapted to survive. Therefore, they should do a show on Matt getting back to the business of performing heists. LOL!!!
    Will miss the show but I guess it’s time to move on . . .

17. Jean says:

OMG!!!! I’ve been waiting for The Glades to go back on. It’s a great show. White Collar is another great show. Suits, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains. Come on, USA can’t take them off. When these shows go on nobody in this house is aloud to breath.

18. Ruth says:

I hate this!!! I love this show and will miss it greatly. This is crap how TV shows anymore get the axe after 4 or 5 years. Why get attached to any of them?? Will miss the entire cast. Is there anything we can do to try and save it??!!

19. JimC says:

Been watching White Collar since day one only because I liked Matt Bomer so much as Bryce Larkin on Chuck. I would love for them to find out that Kate is actually still alive and go that direction to close things out.

20. barbara says:

good idea about kate. i do see why they’re ending as the show has become humdrum. i do hope we get to see peter and mozzi somewhere else

21. 6 episodes if done right can answer most.?s about Neal’s past and future though I would watch more seasons Ina heartbeat

22. Tammy says:

NOOOOOOOOO! WHY? This is just wrong! First Fairly Legal and now THIS??? Now there will be NO reason to watch USA.

23. randrweathers@gmail.com says:

NOOOOOO WHY DO THEY ALWAYS TAKE THE GOOD SHOWS AWAY!!!!!!!

24. Kybusch181818 says:

USA is throwing themselves in a furnace! They have no shows left to keep ppl watching their network. I loved every episode of white collar and I fear they won’t give it the send off it deserves. AMC is the getting great tho with the walking dead, mad men, turn and many more! USA should take notes because like I said earlier nobody is going to watch their network anymore!

25. night magic says:

wow i cant believe they are going to let this show go .its so fantastic great cast good acting lots of twists and turns .i hope someone else takes it !! i love this show so much !!1

26. Amsterdam fan says:

Nooooo this is a great show!!!!

27. barn says:

the problem is that USA does the following
    1. the split the season on many series…luckily not white collar this year
    2. they do not understand they could own the summer season
    so now we lose white collar

28. Mandi says:

Sara back, PLEASE…

29. Amanda says:

I’m sure the producers and come up with more than a sixth season- really? Please do! It is one TV series that I really enjoy!

30. Aaron says:

Are you serious? i’ve waited for a long time and they want to end the entire freaking show in just 6 episodes?

31. Laurie Chase says:

Well that does it for me and USA network, once it was the only station that was ever on in my house, I watched every episode from the beginning of Monk, Psych, In Plain Sight, etc. but there’s no reason to turn it on anymore after the last White Collar shows air as they have cancelled every single show I ever cared about now (and not replacing them with anything suitable), starting with In Plain Sight, which I still have not forgiven them for! That show was just getting started and was so original and well written. Then Psych which I absolutely lived for. And now White Collar which.

Tim Dekay just made this show for me, I know everyone is in love with Bomer (and if he hasn’t been considered for the next James Bond, someone is missing a bet!) but the entire cast of WC was just so wonderful and worked so well and the filming of the show was just beautiful, they found a way (like Woody Allen) to film NYC but only show it in the most beautiful and glamorous light, not the dirty, gritty, unsanitary version of NYC seen in Law & Order and Blue Bloods. Willie Garson’s Mozzie was such a cleverly acted character and the beautiful Diahann Carroll was the icing on the cake. So, with nothing left but reruns of the offensive and not funny shock value Modern Family and a HORRIBLE reality show “Christly Knows Best” (who at USA network green lighted that piece of crap?? It belongs on Lifetime or Hallmark, this is NOT for what used to be the target audience for USA) and then various Law and Order reruns for the other 20 hours of programming a day, [which every other network is also simultaneously showing], so nothing to see here and I will retreat to TNT and the networks such as CBS and even Fox who has surprisingly had some great intelligent and interesting shows this season (ie, Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human). The only reason I will come back to USA now is if there is nothing else on and I’m lucky enough to find an NCIS or NCISLA rerun on. Adios USA!

• SherokuTakari says:

Yeah, the In Plain Sight thing is entirely unforgivable. (I mentioned it in my comment too.) That’s when I gave up on USA and only caught up online. Common Law was great, too, and they cancelled it after only one season. Really this channel has gone horribly downhill and their low ratings aren’t the fault of the shows they’re *now* cancelling, but the loss of viewership over shows they’ve already cancelled.

32. Christi says:

I wish USA would stop renewing things and THEN cancelling them. Use up the full season you renewed it for, or don’t renew so far in advance. Look at the shambles a half season left In Plain Sight in (with a conclusion that even the original creators were upset about)

33. wiwo rose says:

I dnt know about the rest but I really wanted more white collar seasons but if thats all we get then its fine with me.

34. Thomas Newman says:

DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!

35. Marti j says:

What!!!!!. This cannot be, this is a clean, no cursing, interesting show. please bring it back.

36. Marti j says:

What!!!!!. Tis cannot be. All the characters have great personalities. This is a good, clean interesting show. pole as bring it back

37. Marty says:

This is a series that Netflix should pick up. There’s at least 3-5 more seasons in this franchise.

Oh, and in S6, they should bring Kate back. I dunno how, but that’d be awesomely cool if they did! It’d be a great way to start out the Netflix run!

38. Vanessa Trollinger says:

Noooooo, Y i loved that show Neal and Peter two of my favorite TV men but Mozie was the glue that complimented the show I looked
    so forward to my favorite show. I just can’t believe it’s cancelled !
    #baddecissionbad#

39. Lynn says:

Going to miss this fantastic cast of characters, great NY scenery and crisp writing and dialogue. Such an awesome show; really great scripts and acting!

40. mca says:

SO upset that White Collar is not coming back!!!!ugh!!!! it’s one of the best shows on USA and definitely one of myTop Favorite and couldn’t wait for it to come back. WHY!!!! Now all the new shows Sucks!!!! pls come back Neil – Matt Bomer!!!!! I just LOVE You and the show….

41. Kathy says:

I really love the show. Do they count people that watch the show on the internet? It has turned out to be a favorite of mine. I’m really missing it.

42. Nancy Altman says:

Bad decision to cancel White Collar!! It’s one of the best shows ever. Please reconsider!

43. Yo says:

Why do the good shows get short seasons and the shows that are crap stays on and on and on