Exclusive

Exclusive Grey's Anatomy Video: April's Real Motive for Marrying Jackson Revealed?!

The honeymoon is most definitely over for Jackson and April.

In this Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy (9/8c, ABC), the embattled newlyweds get a serious dressing down from the mother of the groom herself, Catherine Avery (returning guest star Debbie Allen) — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the incendiary (and crowd-pleasing?) confrontation.

RELATED | Grey’s AnatomyScoop: Isaiah Washington to Return to Take Cristina’s Journey ‘Full-Circle’

Mama A, beyond steamed about her son’s impulsive elopement, brazenly suggests that April married Jackson not for love but for moolah — and she backs up the accusation with fairly damning evidence (so damning that it renders April speechless).

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Contract Scoop: Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey Sign New 2-Year Deals

Press PLAY below to watch the Mother of all smackdowns.

Loading video...

1. You can say what you want about April but the last thing she is is a gold digger.

2. Claudia says:

I love Jackson and April and i’m sure that also mama Avery at the end give her approvation for this wonderful couple! (sorry for my english!!!)

• di says:

I love how she calls April out. What April did to Matt, who was always there for her is inexcusable. Tempted to stop watching Grey’s . No longer like Jackson or April.’

• Salena says:

My gosh – if you didn’t see that plot coming then you are really dumb. Seriously, you wanted to see April get married and live happily ever after? Do yourself a favor – turn off the tv honey – your brain has atrophied.

3. Tee says:

YAWN! You got anything good on Grey’s coming up?

4. lea says:

Am I the only person who intensely dislikes April? Ugh.

5. Euvee says:

Nope. Same here.

6. caterina says:

the eyes are the mirror of the soul .. and even mom Avery would notice <3

7. marianne says:

I love Japril ♥

8. cookiekirk says:

This is a stretch. Shame on Shrondra for bringing this up. They truly love each other. She didn’t interrupt the wedding JACKSON DID!!! I think April would would have married the emt if Jackson had not did what he did. If his mother marries the chief is she marring him for more position and control and money? Plzzzz.

9. ggny says:

So she was set to marry the EMT but Jackson stopped the wedding and SHE is the gold digger? Seriously who is the dumbass that came up with this crap

10. Sandy says:

I don’t think Catherine is totally in the wrong here. Sure they are in love NOW but what happens if that fades and somewhere down the line they divorce, as most couples on dramas do. I would expect that the Avery’s have a right to protect their foundation.

11. Liz says:

I don’t get why people find April so annoying. I mean, sometimes you just want to slap her in the face, cause she’s impulsive and has no filter, but that makes her interesting. She’s a rounded character, very well written and played. She evolved so much over the past seasons that I think she’s becoming one of the most interesting characters in the show. Plus…Japril is hot!! <3

• tiffanie says:

I agree and April has always had feelings for Jackson since the first day they started when the hospitals merged like 7 years ago. It was Jackson that she talked about the first day wasn’t it

12. Jamie says:

Exclusive? This was released 2 days ago, I saw it on YouTube.

13. bj says:

Don’t sign anything, April. Take her control away. It will kill her. lol

14. Ruth Caceres says:

They are incredibly cute love them.both together but I guess Mama A is only protective her son she means well Jackson has to understand every perspective

15. Leslie says:

Love Debbie Allen and always enjoy her when she is on the show!

It is logical that the first thought a mother would have is to protect her family and the interests of her family and to use login and common sense when her son has thrown common sense out of the window.

Clearly in that moment at the church after Avery did what he did, he was not thinking logically. He was passionate and fearful of losing April forever so he acted foolishly and selfishly. He took a reckless action. He was not thinking of himself as an ‘Avery’. He was not thinking at all. So here he is now and yes, the honeymoon is over because Mama Avery is here and she don’t play that! She knows nothing about this April other than she left a guy at the altar, humiliated him in front of everyone and then latched onto Jackson faster than a speeding bullet. I don’t blame her, I would be concerned too! There is a family fortune to protect. She herself understood this when she married into the Avery family. She signed a prenuptial agreement. April can sign a postnuptial agreement.

I understand Jackson’s outrage because he feels like his mother is trying to once again referee his life, but he has to admit that he has made a fumble or two and hijacking another guy’s wedding well, that classifies more as an interception, but still he has to at least admit he should have taken a time out to think of a different game plan. Yes, having his mother bring his wife a postnuptial agreement might be offensive, but Mama Avery is on the defensive. She knows that love is love and business is business and she believes her son has dropped the ball where business is concerned. OK, enough with the football references!

All that being said, I do not believe April is a gold digger and of course I feel the need to insert Kanye West “Gold Digger” lyrics here, but will refrain. :)

We will all see how this story unfolds. It is sure to be entertaining and I for one will enjoy the ride!

16. Pat says:

I knew that Mom was going to be a problem. No matter who Avery would fall in love with and marry, she would have done the same thing to that poor girl. Mom has a past and I suspect there are some of her skeletons that are going to get rattled and it might be Richard who comes to the defense of April because of those skeletons which he probably knows something about.

17. Martoukian says:

I just pictured Debbie Allen and Jesse Williams in one of those new “Old Spice” commercials.

18. Jessica says:

♡.♥ I love everything about japril..I always have..I want Japril forever…I watch GA for Japril…I love April & Jackson……
    Sarah & Jesse ♡.♥
    Mamma Avery qui e’ veramente cattiva…adoro Cathrine ma questa volta ha esagerato….lei non conosce cio che e’ successo veramente tra i japril come del resto non lo sapeva nessuno…credo che a fine puntata mammina Avery si addolcira’ e capira’ che April & Jackson si amano per quello che sono…e magari ci sara’ una scena dolcissima tra April e mamma Avery…il promo e’ veramente bello…quando lei dice ” non voglio i tuoi soldi voglio te” puo far pensare che April non voglia firmarehahaha ma in realta’ e’ jackson che non vuole che la mamma si intrometta nel loro matrimonio..per April non c’e nessun problema per questo dice io voglio te e non i tuoi soldi che problema c’e se lo firmo??? Non vedo l-ora di guardare la puntata domani ☆.★…amo April e’ il mio personaggio preferito….ho sempre saputo che i japril sarebbero tornati insieme e che la loro storia e’ la piu bella e la meglio costruita in grey’s anatomy….

19. David says:

What was the damning evidence?

20. Elsa says:

But Catherine and April are/were friends, aren’t they ? I remember clearly that they are Facebook friends and in one episode, a couple of seasons ago, Catherine tried to fix April up with some random guy at a bar and she also told her in another episode about her amazing sex with Richard. It’s not like she doesn’t know April and what kind of person she is. This “feud” seems a bit far-fetched to me.

21. LouieLouita says:

Yeah, that’s not so much evidence as it is a double down on the accusation, but dang. For so long, I didn’t like April, but I find her adorable with Jackson.

22. troll says:

I wish April would GO AWAY!!!!!!!

23. Melly Mel says:

Go Jackson go! I’m glad he defended his wife to his overbearing mother! Especially when she was friends with April before and had even mention se wish Jackson had someone like her!

• sandy says:

I agree with momma. April and Jackson were dead wrong….There was a correct way to handle that situation and they had plenty of time before the wedding to do so..what goes around comes around. Look at me talking about this like it was real life and to think I stopped watching GA on that note.

24. April is so bland and annoying. Joe or whatever her name is has to be one of the worst actresses ever! I will continue to watch this show as long as Meredith Grey is a character, but sometimes it’s hard.

25. marlene says:

It was the perfect answer they always loved each other. If they did not marry they would be very unhappy so go go april

26. Ava Sawyer says:

Love Japril !!! Lol This article sure twisted what was actually happened.