Nashville Sneak Peek: A Surprise Visit From Her Unhinged Mom Leaves Scarlett Distraught

Scarlett’s head case of a mother springs up on her in Nashville‘s April 2 episode (10/9c), and from the look of things, the reunion hits a sour note.

The photos below show Scar’s unbalanced mama Beverly (played by Dana Wheeler-Nicholson) showing up at a San Francisco tour date, where “things do not go well,” per the official episode synopsis.

RELATEDNashville Promotes Will Chase and Oliver Hudson to Series Regulars, Pending Season 3 Renewal

Elsewhere in the hour, Maddie and Rayna both take to mass media to tell their stories, and Juliette calls former hook-up Charlie for a little help filling seats on her tour. (Check out the bonus shot of Juliette looking mighty vexed.)

The episode also serves as a mini-Friday Night Lights reunion: Wheeler-Nicholson played Tyra and Mindy Colette’s mother, Angela, on the football-centric series, which also starred Nashville headliner Connie Britton.

Flip through the gallery below to watch Scarlett’s awkward encounter unfold.

1. Zack Quinti says:

is she ever NOT Distraught!

2. MA says:

Oh, poor Scarlett. :( the girl is totally falling apart.

3. Amie says:

Is there ever going to be a mother on NASHVILLE who isn’t crazy and out of control and horrible to her daughter? Rayna, I suppose. But with Juliette’s mother, did we need a carbon copy in Scarlett’s mother?

4. Ally Oop says:

I hope we see some scenes between Deacon and his sister.

5. MiaB says:

When I first saw that Charlotte Ross was going to be a guest star on Nashville, I was hoping she would be Scarlett’s mother. I think she could have played that role with depth. I’m apprehensive about this now that I see these pictures. Hoping this is not just another excuse for Scarlett to be a damsel in distress.

6. patricia says:

I love Nashville! But OMG, Clare Bowen has GOT to take some lessons to get rid of that Australian accent; she’s horrible trying to get away with a Southern accent, it just doesn’t work. How do producers and writers and everyone involved doesn’t say something?! I think she’s beautiful and perfect for the part, but the Aussie accent has GOT TO GO! IMO