Girl Meets World: Shawn, Cory's Parents to Pop In for Holiday Episode

Girl Meets World Shawn ReturnsGirl Meets World is bring back the bromance.

Rider Strong will reprise his role as Cory’s BFF Shawn in Disney Channel’s highly anticipated Boy Meets World sequel, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Girl Meets World: Lee Norris Returns as Minkus

Joining the actor for a holiday episode are William Russ and Betsy Randle, who played Cory’s parents, Alan and Amy Matthews.

The clan, plus Shawn, can be seen gathered around the table in the following photo released by Disney Channel.

Girl Meets World Shawn Returns

Star Danielle Fishel also tweeted the image, adding her happiness about the returns.

The new series, which is slated to premiere this year, follows Cory and Topanga’s 7th-grade daughter Riley (played by Rowan Blanchard, Spy Kids 4D), aka the show’s “Girl.”

1. kd86953 says:

now all we need is eric…

2. Eric says:

DANG RIGHT THEY WILL. Now c’mon, Will Friedle!!

3. I refuse to have any more interested in any more news about this show until there’s an airdate

4. Joey Padron says:

Happy when I saw Danielle tweet about it and photo. Makes me more excited for show!

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I’m almost wondering if this isn’t Disney’s way of saying, “See? There’s Shawn. Now, please shut up.” I wish they’d give us an air date already. So excited!…Possibly too excited over a Disney show for someone my age, but I don’t care. I gave up my TV dignity a long time ago (see screen name for details).

• April says:

Ben Savage said on Twitter it will air this Summer.So unless he was told wrong or plans change we will have this soon.

• Lizzie says:

Yeah I’m thinking summer as well because disney work on a three part calendar. As show premier in january, july and then sometimes in the fall. From what I’ve seen.

I feel like the 20 somethings will appreciate this show more than the kids

• whatever says:

Not only the 20 somethings…I’m 17 and grew up with this show…this show ran from the 90s to the 2000s

6. Eric says:

Every time I see William Russ with white hair, it freaks me out, because his face has hardly aged a day. So glad to see most of the original gang back together though. Gosh, I’m excited.

7. MishiBean says:

This just made me oddly emotional. To see them all sitting there together like no time has past, it’s like my childhood doesn’t have to be over!

• Allie says:

Wow! Well said. I actually got shivers of happiness when I saw this picture. I have always missed ABC’s TGIF shows, especially Boy Meets World. I miss my childhood and I do have strong emotional ties to these types of shows because I literally grew up watching these characters grow. I cannot wait for this show and I hope it runs for many seasons!

8. Michael says:

How about giving us a premiere date?!

• AnotherGuest says:

I agree with you, they have been talking about this show over a year now but no premiere date yet as it speak of. It isn’t nice to tease people about a show for so long. Also, do not have Shawn be married either please, he was no fun at all with that girl friend of his for two or more seasons at the end of Boy Meets World.

9. Big Mike says:

TVLine LOOOOVES this show. To an almost unhealthy degree.

• Eric says:

Well it probably gets their site a heck of a lot of hits because of the show’s popularity, and really they don’t report much more on it than any other show. Just the news, which is what people come here for.

10. Rosa says:

yeah ok WHEN this year?! everything keeps saying sometime this year but not even an estimated release date! is it going to be a summer/midseason? a new fall show? come on!

11. Angela says:

Aw, that photo makes me smile. Good to see them all reuniting (save for Eric, of course-hopefully he’ll show up at some point, too, though).

12. CC says:

Maybe they explain away Eric not being there by saying he really did become Playswithsquirrels and is in the woods writing his manifesto. So glad they did get Rider strong to return though.

• Lizzie says:

He would be glad to know he has Niche!

• justsaying says:

was he doing anything else? anyone know what rider is up to these days? is he out of the industry? behind the scenes? that’s the kind of stuff that would make this an actual “story” to report on and why these kinds of “articles” annoy some people. because it’s fluff that you can find elsewhere without anything extra added.

13. Will says:

Eric absent, and Morgan too? I guess they could each be off with their significant other’s family or something to that effect.
    Glad to see they brought back not only Ryder Strong but William Russ and Betsy Randle too! :)

14. where Angela? Are Shawn and Angela together?

• AnotherGuest says:

Why bring Angela back for? Her and Shawn was annoying together. I am glad to see Shawn brother, Jack, in that pic. Eric and/or Morgan or Cory’s younger brother who is all grown up is better to bring back then Angela who was one the show longer.

15. Dereck says:

this is awesome! I grew up watching boy meets world, and still watch every single repeat there is and recording shows on DVR. I can’t wait for this to air I am a 30-year-old male that cannot wait for a Disney channel show to start. That’s kind of funny. LOL I wish there was a specific date for the show to air to help with the excitement

16. Flonnie says:

I’m kinda sad that Girl meets World will be on Disney Channel. I know Disney Channel only allows a certain amount of episodes (no matter how good) befor they take the show off air. I loved Boy meets World and still do. I watch the re runs like everyday. I just don’t believe Girl meets World will answer all the unanswered questions from Boy meets World :(

17. erin says:

now all we need is shawn and jack if rider strong doesn’t come in I will be heartbroken and hurt an upset he can be a Jonathan Turner or a parent