Ratings: Hannibal, Grimm Post Modest Gains, Rake Bombs in New Timeslot

Ratings Hannibal NBCHannibal took a slightly bigger bite of the Friday ratings pie, devouring 2.6 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating — a 13 percent increase week-over-week.

The acclaimed drama’s lead-in, Grimm, shed a few eyeballs (5.4 mil vs. 5.7 mil) but nonetheless posted its best demo rating (1.6) since Dec. 6.

Over on Fox, Rake crashed and burned in its new Friday-at-8 pm timeslot, drawing 1.9 million viewers and 0.5 in the demo (vs. 3.5 mil/0.8 in its final Thursday airing). Enlisted, meanwhile, sank to a series-low 1.6 million/0.6, and Raising Hope was flat (1.6 mil/0.5).

On CBS, Undercover Boss ended its season with an on-par 6.9 million viewers and a 1.5 in the demo, while Hawaii Five-0 (10 mil/1.5) and Blue Bloods (12 mil/1.5) each ticked up a tenth.

ABC’s Shark Tank was once again Friday’s biggest draw demo-wise with a 1.9 (down from last week’s 2.1). Last Man Standing was a rerun and an original Neighbors was essentially flat (3.9 mil/0.9).

1. Nancy says:

I guess FOX is going to cancel RAKE. It’s a shame because I really like that show and Greg Kinnear plays his part perfectly. Good acting and good writing. BRAVO RAKE!!

• Tamera says:

Wouldn’t be surprised. Fox is absolutely terrible in promoting their shows and giving them a chance. I also enjoy Enlisted but they kept pushing it back and barely promoted it. Hoe are people suppose to watch these new shoes when they never know it’s even on?

• ChicagoDan says:

No promo for Rake? Are you kidding me? Post AI timeslot and a ton of advertising before series premier on NFL games. No, people just rejected it.

• Tamera says:

I wasn’t just talking about Rake. How about Enlisted? Barely promoted and then continuously bumped and landing on a Friday after an already flailing Raising Hope. Consistently moving shows to new days/times like Bones New Girl, BB99, etc. Face it, Fox isn’t very kind to their shows and their audiences.

• Norma says:

I almost never saw an ad for Enlisted, but ads for Rake were everywhere.

• Sasha says:

They need to give it a chance!

• jacqueline says:

I have decided that i am finished with Fox because of Rake . This is why people watch cable and now Net Ficks is rising to the front. Who ever is over programming at fox needs to be fired. Onee of the best shows of the season Rake and in the perfect time slot. Because of the number of viewers on thursday night. Then Fox moves the show does not respect the viewers to even inform them that the show has been move. No wonder it will never reach no.1 network status.

• meleliot says:

Unfortunately ITA, Fox could care less about Rake. I think it’s pretty funny and original, but what do I know…I’m just your average viewer. I would have missed it last night if it hadn’t been on my DVR season pass.

• jacqueline says:

i really enjoyed this show. Fox always seems to find a way to shot it self in the foot . This is an awesome show. I have watched since the start. I was trying to find out what happen because I have missed the last two episodes. Fox did not even give the shows viewer notice that the show would change time slots. It is ashamed because it was different, funnny, and it was just good. I related to the fact the everyone has to accept life on lifes terms.

• lulu says:

I really like RAKE!!! It’s one of the best network shows right now! The cast has really settled into their roles and the writing is very good!!!!

2. sarah says:

Yeah H50 and Blue Bloods

• Tyler says:

H50 is getting better. I like the addition of that cop from Chicago. And I heard Jorge ? will be a regular next season.

• Julie says:

Yes! Lost 2.0. The Dharma doctor was on last night’s ep too. Love the addition of Jorge and his banter with Alex O’Loughlin.

• John says:

Lost 2.0?? Oh yes, CBS would love the 4 demos Lost was getting. PLEASE don’t compare this lame remake with Lost, what an insult. Just because Jorge Garcia and DDK are there , that doesn’t mean it is Lost. LMAO. Lost was one of the best shows ever, here and internationally. Hawaii is getting a weak 1.4 demo !

• David says:

Agreed! Chi Mcbride really makes the show better. Hes so good and deserves his own show again. Its not on at a great time though.

3. Kate says:

I wish people were watching Enlisted. I love it and it’s only gotten better. I wish Fox would have given it a different day.

• Sasha says:

I know same here! Its so good. I never see ads for it too. They need to give it a chance!

• John says:

My sons and I love watching Enlisted together. We are never home on Friday nights…they have basketball. It’s a terrific show; well-written, well-produced, well-acted. Comedy is hard and this creative team makes it look easy. This show is a diamond in the rough. Remember when CHEERS first came on and nobody watched it until summer reruns? Call me crazy but there is a lot of Emmy potential for Enlisted? David Keith? Hilarious.

4. Lynn says:

Acording to TVBTN , Hawaii 50 got a 1.4 not a 1.5,
    CBS was preempted anyway, so numbers may change in finals.
    Grimm was pretty good, love the baby part.

5. ... says:

If The Neighbors doesn’t adjust down due to preemptions, it might just have an outside shot at renewal. I hope ABC picks it up for a third season; it’s my favorite network comedy by a mile and something that can only continue to grow creatively.

• Thilia says:

It is the best show they have. ABC has been slaughtering it. Even Reba did better in the time slot. I just hope they start to realize this gem of show still have tons of potential.

6. crabapplerum says:

Ya they should shift Enlisted to Tuesday or Thursday. It’ll do so much better on a day that people actually watch tv. I love that show and I can barely remember to watch it on Fridays and then feel awful for not having caught it live.

7. GuessWhat says:

Too funny — last night was the first time I ever saw RAKE. Had no idea what the show was even about. It was ok.

8. Aprilcot says:

Glad to see Hannibal bump up a bit…I can’t understand why more people aren’t watching it!

• Tav says:

Right? It’s definitely the best show on network TV (people need to stop regurgitating that palaver about TGW). And all things considered (the network, the timeslot), even with those numbers they still did better than Glee. So not too terrible…

• Wrong night, wrong network, not enough promotion. It’s a real shame because, and I don’t say this lightly, it really is the best show on TV now. Most other shows don’t even aspire to be as finely crafted an experience Hannibal is.

• JM says:

I completely agree. It’s a great show with exceptional characters and acting. However, I do recommend NOT EATING when watching this show. LOL!

• David says:

Going up against Blue Bloods doesn’t really do it any favors. Its a great show but really isn’t a great match for NBC. If it doesnt make it past this season its a perfect show for Netflix Amazon or Hulu to pick up. I would absolutely watch all 13 episodes of the season in one sitting!

9. Aries says:

FIX is terrible at promoting any show, but RAKE is a really bad show

10. Jerri says:

So, shall we stick a fork in Enlisted and call it done?

11. Nicole says:

Fox NEEDS to move Enlisted. I love that show. I can never watch it live because I work Friday nights, they should move it to Tuesdays, put Glee on Fridays and move B99 back to 830. Man how I wish I could take charge of scheduling… :)

• Scott says:

Unfortunately for network shows many viewers are already in charge of their own personal schedules. Ones without ads.

12. Ethel says:

I didn’t even know Rake was on last night. I only knew it as when I turned the TV on, the station happened to be FOX.

13. Riana says:

Rake got stepped on by Sideshow Bob

14. Meg says:

Are they showing Enlisted out of order? I caught up on the show online and in one of the first episodes Derek was dating Erin, and clearly knew she had a child as she promised her son he could bring his dad home from Afghanistan for his birthday, and in last night’s episode she had just told him about her son.

Showing the episodes out of order doesn’t so the show any favors.

• Mary says:

I was confused too! I thought for a minute that it was a different girl but it seems it was the same girl. That’s not a good sign for the show if they can’t even be bothered to keep the storylines in order. Bummer.

15. Mikael says:

Very happy for Hannibal! I hope the ratings stay steady so it can get another season.

16. Gerald says:

Enlisted!!!!!! So Good. Why are people not watching….
    I know I didn’t watch it live because I was watching Veronica Mars in the theatre, but as soon as I got home I watched it. Chris Lowell is great in both BTW.

17. Ann says:

Rake is one of my favorite shows. Characters are hilarious and plotlines are original, crazy, and well written. Come on Fox, give us more Rake next year. Don’t be foolish. Promote and the viewers will come to this show. Head and shoulders above many other shows with legal subplot.

18. agence says:

Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.