Exclusive

Exclusive SVU First Look: Alec Baldwin Is Chasing a Story -- and Benson is Having None Of It

30 Rock‘s Alec Baldwin returns to NBC next Wednesday (9/8c, NBC) as a guest star in Law & Order: SVU — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at his feather-ruffling journalist in action.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Already Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

The set-up: Renowned New York Ledger columnist Jimmy MacArthur (Baldwin) is granted full access to Benson (Mariska Hargitay, who also directed the episode) and the squad for a story on the city’s Special Victims Unit.

In the following clip, Jimmy shadows Benson & Co. as the investigate the rape of a young Muslim woman — and Benson is none too pleased.

1. Robby Horine says:

So is the episode called “Free Pass”?

I feel bad passing up Mariska’s directorial debut, but almost any Baldwin Bros. will make me forgo my Goddess (except for Adam. AND I KNOW HE’S NOT A MEMBER OF THE BALDWIN FAMILY).

2. Chicago Dan says:

Didn’t Baldwin tell us he was done with public life a couple of weeks ago. Let’s give him his wish and pass on this episode.

• Robby Horine says:

call it the cynic in me, but I seriously think NBC (or Dick Wolf) is setting Mariska up to fail. Her first directing gig on SVU and they give her a story with the “Stunt casted” Alec Baldwin, the most despised celeb to many in the 50 states. I know some people who are huge fans of Mariska who will not watch due to Baldwin.

NBC could turn this around as ammo in Ms. Hargitay’s next contract negotiation. She’s gotten the best of the network and Dick Wolf in the past. Just sayin’.

• Annie says:

He probably filmed this before he made that statement.

3. Myrna weil says:

I really like law_order-suv its one of my best show

4. Really sick of people saying they aren’t watching the Warren Leight-era episodes of SVU. My God, it’s something week after week with the fans of this show: it’s too dramatic, the show’s not the same, Stabler/Meloni’s gone, the guest stars suck, the writing sucks, the writers don’t care anymore, Mariska’s not the same. OMG just shut up and stop watching the show and blasting off at every little thing on these webpages, articles/blogs! The show is 15 years old, it’s not going to be the same as it was in 1999 or even 5 years ago (Thank God IMO)! People need to give this show a chance or either turn away and stop putting down for the people who DO want to watch! And yelling obscinites about Warren Leight won’t bring back the old SVU or Chris Meloni either!

Some people who used to be in or around the SVU fandom do get on my nerves sometimes.

As for Alec Baldwin, I couldn’t care less, I’ve been wanting to see SOMEONE from 30 Rock on SVU; but Tina Fey would have been my pick.

5. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what
    I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to
    the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers?
    I’d genuinely appreciate it.

6. Jeri says:

I like the new squad members & Ice but Benson is from the Melloni school of acting, doesn’t do any. Got it down the 1st episode & never bothered to do any real acting. Hoping they’ll be less of her with her promotion & more of the others.

Sorry, I really used to like the show but got sick of Benson & Mellonis personas never changing. Never in a good mood. Know the job is depressing but isn’t there anything else in their lives to joke around about, ease the gloom.